It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Way of life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi America, Patriots and all...

Why is it that you allow your government to ruin your quality of life for a minority and be forced to undergo security checks at airports and spend so much on preventing terrorist attacks when you could be investing in schools and hospitals?

Why not just close your borders to these sort of threats. Sounds a bit selfish I know, but what do you have to lose, really?...Oil, geez, you have made it to the moon, you have created the atomic bomb, surely someone has though of creating a renewable energy source to power your SUV's.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

If it were only that simple and up to most average americans most of what you asked would be current reality.

Our current standing and system did not get to the point it is overnight. People are waking up, getting angry and wanting change. Sadly that change will not occur overnight either. Every country has it's faults. Why not tell us where you are from and your suggestions for rectifying our current situation...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

If it were only that simple and up to most average americans most of what you asked would be current reality.

Our current standing and system did not get to the point it is overnight. People are waking up, getting angry and wanting change. Sadly that change will not occur overnight either. Every country has it's faults. Why not tell us where you are from and your suggestions for rectifying our current situation...

I'm Australian, convict? no
racist, no. Sorry just had to get a few things straightened out before others started jumping on this thread.

I would keep all muslims from coming into your country, they are a minority you might say on a certain scale, but what becomes of such a religion when they become a majority, when push comes to shove who are they going to fight for if a war does break out in another muslim country, in fear that they might be next. They've made great contributions to this world and I am not trying to drag there religion and culture through the mud, but hey, school buses already burst into flames in this world without having a suicide bomber having blown one up so why double up on such a risk.

It's so hypocritical that they scoff at other peoples way of life and want us to conform to there way of life.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Because we fear our government. And they do not fear us.
Our servants have become our masters because we didn't listen to those who warned us of this day when this country came into being.

Warnings such as: "Every generation needs a new revolution." Thomas Jefferson.

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.” Thomas Jefferson.

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” Thomas Jefferson.

Woman: “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

Ben Franklin: “A Republic, if you can keep it.”

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Unknown.

And so on.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm Australian, convict? no
racist, no. Sorry just had to get a few things straightened out before others started jumping on this thread.

I would keep all muslims from coming into your country, they are a minority you might say on a certain scale, but what becomes of such a religion when they become a majority, when push comes to shove who are they going to fight for if a war does break out in another muslim country, in fear that they might be next. They've made great contributions to this world and I am not trying to drag there religion and culture through the mud, but hey, school buses already burst into flames in this world without having a suicide bomber having blown one up so why double up on such a risk.

It's so hypocritical that they scoff at other peoples way of life and want us to conform to there way of life.

Polital Correctness has harmed the country more than it has helped. It has kept people from doing many things for fear of being tagged a racist or worse. The more people tire of the way our current government is shafting us the quicker it will change. Government has taken advantage of the fact that there are so many people "too busy to pay attention". Thdy will continue to do so for as long as they can.

top topics

join