It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Modern Methods Of Mind Control

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

"Paranoid" is often the term used by those who do not wish to question the status quo, against those who do.

I don't think anyone said or implied that you shouldn't question the status quo. However, when someone chooses to take a position that can discounted or disproven from the facts and that individual stubbornly refuses to see reason, then that can be considered paranoia. Extremes on EITHER side - those willing to believe under any and all circumstance and those not willing to believe regardless of evidence - can be a disease to reality.

I see zero paranoia in encouraging folks to research these subjects and educate themselves, WHATEVER that research leads them to conclude. To ask questions is better than to just passively fall into line and conform for fear of ridicule, or not 'fitting in'.

I direct you to my siggy... There is something to be said for judicious research along with use of reason and logic. You should always be open minded...even to things that sound "ridiculous" on the surface, but to cling to a belief without proof or reason that it is valid just because it makes for "a good conspiracy" is equally flawed.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

PRECISELY why I said there is nothing wrong with people RESEARCHING these modalities, regardless of WHATEVER their end conclusion may be.

Even if it means they completely find them to be nonsense.

The only way one will truly know their own truths is to find their own answers directly.

Research, and put it to the test. Don't take anyones word for anything at face value on either side of the coin, including mine.

At the end of the day, my truth may differ vastly from yours, and vice-versa, and I respect this. But if one just accepts what one is "told" by others and does not seek their own answers, than one is never truly free imho.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by CIAGypsy

PRECISELY why I said there is nothing wrong with people RESEARCHING these modalities, regardless of WHATEVER their end conclusion may be.

Even if it means they completely find them to be nonsense.

The only way one will truly know their own truths is to find their own answers directly.

Research, and put it to the test. Don't take anyones word for anything at face value on either side of the coin, including mine.

At the end of the day, my truth may differ vastly from yours, and vice-versa, and I respect this. But if one just accepts what one is "told" by others and does not seek their own answers, than one is never truly free imho.

I concur completely....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MechanicalSunrise
Religion is the most sinister and stealthy form of Educational mind control/brainwashing. It is quite simply child abuse.

Why did you not acknowledge your mentor Herr Sir Professor Lord Dawkins?

Vicky

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I do question things, albeit with a healthy dose of skepticism, or rationality. I don't think there are many facts supporting the methods in the OP, especially predictive programming. I'm just saying too much research into conspiracy theories can make you very paranoid.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

These videos are in themselves interesting to the lay person who knows very little about psychology but they are very simplistic and not too precise. They really oversimplify aspects which have real value in what you are trying to demonstrate. However, they are probably the quickest way you can get this particular message across and are not without value. Just don't let us kid ourselves that they are the bible of psychology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join