It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What government makes it illegal for people to buy a decent light bulb that is not harmful to people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

I know this is an old link and I really thought this was just a rumour but remember the rumours of DTV back in the early 2000s? It ended becoming a reality a few years later!

I don't really buy into the whole incandesent light bulbs create too many greenhouses gasses! What about the fumes cars give off or the coal fired plants for electricity. Why is making tons of people miserable an answer. There is about 25% of the population if not more who have sensitivities to fluorscent lighting. I am one of those I get headaches,pass out, feel dizzy, nasous and confused.

Are the home versions going to have the same effects as the stores? Once again this shows how truly a evil a government is that is trying to push their own agenda off on their people. I am going to be stocking up on good old fashioned light bulbs over the next year so I can have enough to last me the rest of my life.

By the way just check out Walmart or any other store who sells lightbulbs you will see that these new "improved" lightbulbs cost $4.50 -$6.00 per a 2 or 4 pack as opposed to $1.88! Over the long run it will be better just to stock up on the good old Thomas Edison bulbs. By the way how much mercury is in a regular lightbulb? Do you know these new lightbulbs you have to recycle there are many people I know who don't recycle so what is that going to do for the environment when all these lightbulbs filled with mercury sit around the land fills?

It is climate change that is changing the weather which is a naturally occurring cycle of the earth not global warning. We have all been sold a bill of goods!

edit on 31-12-2010 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
By the way if you can provide links to show the new dangers or safety of these new light bulbs that would be appericated. I am doing research on the issue now and I just see more negative than positive.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
God , what right does the government have to tell us what kind of light bulb we can buy? The incandescent light bulbs will start disappearing from the store shelves soon , and the "improved" ones are little toxic bombs if broken.
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 31-12-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

There could be several reasons for this. The incandescents break from emf assaults. On a bad day, it's not unusual for 3-4 of the bulbs to go out when under satellite attack. Also, non-specific point source mercury pollution ought help disperse the substance which is then taken up by the flesh for nanoterror purposes. Clearly they have been caught hoaxing about 'climate change', a term which was predictably necessary to cover for the global warming bets they'd laid out, so by carrying on as though they did not lose their bid, they hope to brainwash us in to compliance.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thomas Edison was a cheat. He stole all of his ideas from Tesla. I have been using fluorescent for years. If you change all of your bulbs you can notice a dramatic decrease in the electric bill. Incandescent is old technology that wastes alot of energy in the form of heat.
By the way my kids do not have three eyes or anything. I think that all of the warnings you posted are scare tactics from the industry that still manufactures incandescent light bulbs.
Change them, you will see savings.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

What about my senstivities to fluorscent light? I aviod a lot of places with this type of lighting because I get so sick. I have talked to a DR and yes it is because of the lights. There is no medication to help. Sunglasses help a little bit but I don't want to wear sunglasses in my house.

I think it should be chose for people what type of light bulb we want. The main people who buy incandesents are the poor and those with senistivities to fluorscent light. They should at least have some still available for those specific groups.
Another problem is you don't save money if you can't afford to replace all the lightbulbs in your home in the first place. I have at least 20 lights in my house. At $2 for 4 4 packs; I would only have to spend $8 as opposed to $20-$40 for fluroscent lights. By the way when I buy light bulbs they usually last 1-2 years; I have heard the life cycle on these new light bulbs is around 6 months or so. Not only that but my electric company told me the main source of energy usage is major appliances, the heater and air conidtioning. I would save more money on my electric bill if I just lowered the tempature in the winter and highered it in the summer.

edit on 31-12-2010 by dreamseeker because: (more details)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What government? The UK government. Thankfully we still haz the interwebs.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Here is a link with some info on the mercury that the flourescent bulbs contain.
www.suite101.com...
You know its toxic when it can not go in a landfill.

Star and Flag

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseekerThere is about 25% of the population if not more who have sensitivities to fluorscent lighting. I am one of those I get headaches,pass out, feel dizzy, nasous and confused.

Do you have a link to support this?

Reason I ask, is because I have never met a person with sensitivities to fluorescent lighting.

That includes all the students I've ever gone to school with and all the people I've ever worked with in an office environment.

25% seems a tad high, that is all.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'll tell you something. The combination of seeing the ats live ribbon at the base of my monitor, and of being reminded of the fascist criminal zionist gov lightbulb scandal, along with what I saw on the TV last night (it looked like a bunch of moving targets as the year 2010 flashed across FOX showing ugh kagan lying and a hundred other fiends I cannot stomach) could make me sick.

Those lightbulbs suck. There IS no global warming. What's it gonna take????

It is POISON!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What also pisses me off is the fact that the new compact fluorescent bulbs are not compatible with all my x-10 controlled light switches and adapters. Forcing me to upgrade and change out all of those items to accommodate the new light bulbs. What another marketing scam once again, and I have used those compact bulbs before they made absolutely no difference in my electric bill.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

according to our world government leaders and all of their so called experts there is NO DANGER from a light bulb of any kind .even if it is blown please do as you have always done with them DISCARD them into the GARBAGE like you have always done . our ENVIRONMENT WILL CLEAN it up in about 1 THOUSAND YEARS or you will suck it up and drink it from your tap water ,just so that they and their so called experts can watch us die of what else MERCURY POISONING. p.s THOSE FOOLS GET TO DIE LIKE THE REST OF US.-INTELLIGENCE AT ITS FINEST.
considering that most countries don`t have any place for the common man to properly dispose of this CORPORATE PRODUCED TOXIC WASTE, and yet we are being taxed ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANUP FEES on all of this crap of theirs and it still goes to the dump.and we have to pay for this to.candles are cheaper and cleaner maybe the dark ages were not as bad as we were all led to believe - NO TOXIC WASTE.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Real lightbulbs are made from LED's or electroluminescent panels.

The fluorescent is dying a cathode-ray-tube-television public death.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

I am not sure about that 25% number either but I can honestly say that I suffer from some of those symptoms when exposed to fluorescent lights. Bad migraines is one major. A little old school teacher back in the 80's had the same issues that I did and she helped me while going to school to get the school district to acknowledge that some people have problems with those kind of lights. And to her I am thankful as if it was left up to the district they would have just assumed I had some kind of learning problem without ever considering the ill effects of those lights on some people.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

There certainly is no doubt led's are the wave of the future. We are now growing and cultivating coral and such in tanks with the use of led bulbs, and at a much better rate than even metal halide. Plus the life span difference, doesn't even compare.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

Truth. They are ramming it down our throats. Boy am I going to be busy. SOMEone signed for this. These persons are going to pay. It is part of the smart grid for monitoring and most likely the radio emissions also assist the mkultra aspect of satellite and cell tower mind control.

For those responsible, I suggest there is NO WAY OUT.

ETA: Relative to what we are aware of in terms of 'technology', these are, I am sad to report, the dark ages. Very dark. Most cattle hide from enlightenment, and this assists in keeping it that way.
edit on 31-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

There are fluorscent lighting covers that hospitals use. I believe they are only for commerical use. When I am the hospital there lights do not bother me. When I was in the ER once I told them I had a severe senstivity fluorscent lighting and I may pass out that is when they told me about those covers.
I know as a child I was in the nurse a lot. I went home more than most kids. Once I broke out in a cold sweat and my vision went all screwy. When I was 14 I got a note from the DR so I could wear sunglasses in class. It helps a little bit.

link   
Some info here on youtube
www.youtube.com...

link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
God , what right does the government have to tell us what kind of light bulb we can buy? The incandescent light bulbs will start disappearing from the store shelves soon , and the "improved" ones are little toxic bombs if broken.
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 31-12-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

The "old" bulbs will not be pulled from the shelves soon, regardless of what that article says. If they are, they will be replaced with something different.

The new guidelines by the Federal Government for cleaning up CHF bulbs include using incandescent bulbs in lamps that might be knocked over (they were just released today).

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I wonder how soon? How long do I have to buy a lifetime's worth of bulbs? Now if I had more money I would buy halogen bulbs. They do not have mecury and are safe for people with fluroscent light senstivities right. I was going to buy $5-$10 worth of lightbulbs per month for a year.

There are going to be people like me who will go in and buy up these light bulbs so this new law is utterly stupid!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join