It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you imagine post Shtf will be like

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
if you survive the initial Shtf, where do you imagien yourself and what is the world doing now. i imagine that the world will be like old Japan, where their are clans or groups that take care of themselves. i imagine i would be with my family and my friends, if they survive and make it, somewhere that we are using as a base of operations while we survive by either raiding other sources or growing our own food.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

Its hard to invision the exact circumstances really, It all depends to what weapons are used etc, And the recovery of the poeple, We could all end up seeing the error in our ways and creating a better utopia type planet in the knowledge of how much of a "BAD IDEA" War is

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Most probably the world would have centers of population (nothing the size of even a mid sized US town) and would probably become very wild westy, with bandits (raiders, theives watever) stealing stuff and with groups being ruled by the strongest, mabey, more feudal/midevil. There would have to be people who could hunt and grow stuff and people who could make weapons, firearms or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Dont we all love "Fallout"?

2nd

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

i imagine it woud be like that also, when i thought about this last night i had imagined that the territory that was the United States was ruled from the Roswel new mexico radio station building my ATS and those who were in it prior to SHTF they would be able to make like bases linked to ATS base

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
its almost impossible to tell. it depends on where you are the desicions that you make who survives... if you survive... what supplies you get. and there is more.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think of it very much like Kevin Costner in "The Postman", a very telling tale of acting on survival but finding a niche!

The Postman

In Nature if you remove something vital an opening occurs which often is filled by an "opportunist"; most often invasiveness overrides the balance at first but Nature has its way of bringing the Balance in Check.

Just be productive in life, proactive in your heart, find your "niche" and respect the flowers along the way! The end is ultimately our crowning glory anyways--No one comes out of this Alive! LOL

Ge good to the Earth while you are here; be good to your neighbors while they are behaving, and get the hell out of Dodge if the Fan starts throwing things! See you on the Other Side!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
if you survive the initial Shtf, where do you imagien yourself and what is the world doing now. i imagine that the world will be like old Japan, where their are clans or groups that take care of themselves. i imagine i would be with my family and my friends, if they survive and make it, somewhere that we are using as a base of operations while we survive by either raiding other sources or growing our own food.

Much depends on what kind of SHTF event takes place. A post SHTF world will depend on what type devastation has taken place and would present differing scenarios. Nuclear war, global geological cataclysm, biological catastrophe each present different challenges post event..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think the situation would be very different based on where in the country you are. Here in Idaho, by and large the population is only 1 or 2 generations removed from basic farming practices (or still engaged in farming.) The community is also largely faith-oriented, which with all it's faults still lends itself to a sense of community. A good portion of the town is LDS, and food storage is a popular pastime. Gun ownership is nearly universal, as is hunting skills.

I envision a rather large group lasting here, with an abnormal amount of communal sharing going on.

Is it wrong to romanticize this scenario? It would be hard, for sure, but somehow it seems simpler at the same time...

Oh wait just kidding, this place sucks, we're all gonna die, no one move here please!

edit on 31-12-2010 by blamethegreys because: I don't want all you city folk moving here and ruining it!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
None know what the future may bring.. Would do as have always done and help those around me who are in need of help..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I think of it very much like Kevin Costner in "The Postman", a very telling tale of acting on survival but finding a niche!

The Postman

The movie was......ok. Read the book; it kicks ass.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Post shtf won't last long for humans because the engineered viruses, microbes, biologicals would be loose in the jet stream and cover the earth in days; And those that do survive will envy the dead.

Happy New Year!

edit on 31-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can make the following guesses.

No more welfare state.

No more political parties.

No more courts/prisons.

No more "Green" groups.

No more "Gay Rights."

No more blogging.

No more fast foods - except deer, antelope, wild turkey, etc.

No more Playmate of the Month.

No more personal income taxes.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
there would be pockets of zombie like survivors in ther Metro areas mostly..

there will be pockets of survivors that will be 'civilized' in a sort of Hobbit villages

there will be the MadMax fugitives in the expanses between the villages and the Metro areas

there will be co-op compounds of farmers that keep individual farms but are connected by wireless
and are technically advanced enough to even have a co-op helicopter to aid in protecting the network
of working farms from maurauding bands of the MadMax types seeking plunder & booty

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Tons of riots, deaths and lots of fires, then a Somalia - like anarchy

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
I can make the following guesses.

No more welfare state.

No more political parties.

No more courts/prisons.

No more "Green" groups.

No more "Gay Rights."

No more blogging.

No more fast foods - except deer, antelope, wild turkey, etc.

No more personal income taxes.

NO MORE [PLAYMATE OF THE MONTH!!!!! *grabs shotgun* i am going to make sure that never happens lol. the shtf i imagined would be like the militarys nukes were all destroyed by some people, causing problems in another country while everything else we need to do deal with

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
I can make the following guesses....

...No more fast foods - except deer, antelope, wild turkey, etc...

LOL nice one!

I have a new mission in life: I'm calling Hugh today and offering my services as "Mansion Disaster Preparedness Coordinator".

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If it goes nuclear...all bets are off.

On the other hand...maybe an EMP, maybe an economic collapse...I could dig that, we live way out in the country... pretty prepared anyway. The big question is the remnant of the federal Government...would they impose martial law, try to round up everyone for their "safety?"

Would we see roving bands of raiders roaming the country side, raiding small cross road communities and farms while the government, both state and federal, try to maintain order... small heavily armed outposts of humvees and stryker APCs....

While in the streets of cities...martial law, trying to pretend life as normal while armed "peace keepers" patrol the intersections and public services, utilities, and trying to restore commercial operations. Each night turns to chaos with looting, burning, raids by gangs enforcing and ensuring their turf and fifedoms...aka old Mafia territories...residents and businesses paying for protection that the law can not provide.

In the country, to fight the 'enforcers' and "tolls" demanded by the rival gangs, small groups of "militia" and "minutemen" spring up...fighting both the criminal gangs, desperate raiders, and the questionable tactics of the military...ie illegal searches and seizures, the liberal interpretation of "illegal" assets, and the "interogation" techniques used on the prettier women in the community...

I really believe it would be much like living in the border states of the US during the Civil War of 1861-65. Hard, harsh, and tragic.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

i go get a tank lol we will make sure the girls survive this war!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It really would depend on what happened exactly, shtf could be many different things. It could be anything from nuclear fall out to the zombie apocalypse that the movie industry is so fond of.

I have dreams of the post shtf world all the time, so in my mind it would be like that.

In the dreams, I have no idea what happened exactly but it usually involves us either being evacuated by military or leaving in the middle of the night trying to cram as much of our kids stuff into a bag (they are both in diapers). The kids are always VERY quiet and wide eyed, like they know. Or like they are just scared stiff. After the evacuation/leaving, everything is grey and we are just walking and walking, praying we don't run into anyone, that no one sees us. In the dreams I am terrified for my children more than anything.

In the scenario that comes to my mind, no one has time to gather much or they aren't able to bring what they have stocked up because they must travel lightly, always on foot.

But those are just dreams, so who knows what it will really be like.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join