What you imagine post Shtf will be like

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I imagine it like Christmas with guns

The weak will parish the strong will survive and the meek wont inherit the earth.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have witnessed a SHTF scenario. One of invasion and martial law. I was there for the fall of Bagdhad. When we first secured the capital for the first few days it was very surreal. The shell shocked citizens stayed put up in their homes. Granted there were small pockets of opportunists looting and taking advantage. Most people there tried to go back to normal and life as usual even though markets were bare and supplies we're running out for them. It was unnervingly calm. Looting gradually increased and others taking advantage of the opportunity to "eliminate" rivals and the like. We kept peace as best as we could, but within a month there were insurgents, bandits, and tribal factions jockeying for position. It turned into a wild west like situation and stayed that way for the better part of two years. My first deployment was 18 mos from 2003 to 2005.

By the time of my second deployment came around in 06 there were a lot of differences. The surge had managed to push most of the activity into the northwestern quarter of the city and while not eliminated it was mostly contained. I only got shot at a handful of times that second deployment compared to constant mortars and ambushes back in 04.

Overall, in my opinion, there will be an initial period of shock followed by denial in turn by an increasing unrest. If it is a nationwide event there is no way the military could cover an area as large as our nation. Martial law could be established in large metro areas. Folks in rural areas should be fine. Areas and communities with strong senses and bonds will thrive and eventually some sense of normality will return although it could take several years at best.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
if you survive the initial Shtf, where do you imagien yourself and what is the world doing now. i imagine that the world will be like old Japan, where their are clans or groups that take care of themselves. i imagine i would be with my family and my friends, if they survive and make it, somewhere that we are using as a base of operations while we survive by either raiding other sources or growing our own food.

we probably will end up like old japan as you say.......but we will have to go through the cave man and middle ages periods first......i would give it around 10 000 yrs.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Fallout....but NO: cannibalism, slavery, dictatorship, mutant, religious nutjob.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well in 200 years? Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas. Just saying.
I can see that happening; the 200 year old edible food and Nuka Cola obviously NOT there for consumption of course. But how people live, how they barter, how there are raiding groups, how some know primitive medicine. How prewar stuff is kind of around but no one really knows how to use em. Off the grid totally. No power, got to make due with what you find to survive.

That sort of stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
Fallout....but NO: cannibalism, slavery, dictatorship, mutant, religious nutjob.

I love you because you think like I do.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
After the SHTF, I imagine all rules and laws would be irrelevant for most people. It would be true freedom.

Just like Somalia.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, you asked so I will tell you:

1) Grocery store shelves will be pretty much cleared within 3 days. By the 3rd day, at the latest, thieves will be waiting to steal your groceries, either in the parking lot or by following you home.

2) By the 4th day, every hunter, or every person who ever imagined himself as a hunter, will be in the woods and field, regardless of whether it is hunting season or not. Almost ALL game will be gone within 2 weeks, tops, due to trapping and hunting.

3) By day 5, unethical urbanites will start banding together and breaking into homes and apartments in their neighborhoods searching for food. They will start with elderly because they will offer little resistance and because the elderly are the only people who remember what is to be in want of food. They usually keep a "rainy day" supply of food on hand.

4) By day 7, all people's homes will be targeted. Right about this same time, people will figure out the reliable (and illegal) ways of taking fish from ponds, rivers and lakes. The fish population will be decimated within a week to 10 days.

5) By day 8 or 9, bands of unethical urbanites will start going out into suburban and rural areas in search of food. Believing (rightly so) that there is safety in numbers, they will attack homes with reckless abandon. At first, they will use the cover of darkness for their attacks. Eventually, they will strike at all hours.

At first, a well armed homeowner may repel an attack, but the marauders WILL return in greater numbers, suspecting that the homeowner must have something worth defending. It is at this time, that the only families that remain safe are those that band together with other families. "Safety in numbers" works BOTH ways.

Once FEMA starts delivering some food to the urban centers, the urban marauders will once again turn their attention back to urban areas, preying first on the elderly again, and so forth.

It is critical for rural families to band together by this time at the very latest. Waiting any longer will be disastrous, assuming they made it this far.

It is worth noting that, during periods of stress, we all seek things that bring us comfort and/or pleasure. Women and children will suffer mightily at the hands of these curs unless they are repelled.

Without preparation, you have little chance of surviving those days.

Hmmm...maybe I should start a thread...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

if you survive the initial Shtf, where do you imagien yourself and what is the world doing now...

I imagine the warmongerings of newly emerged petty warlords will not matter to me. For a few weeks it will be hard to breathe, and then I will die. (Need medication to survive.)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Pretty much right on the mark except you forgot the disease and sickness that will decimate most of the population due to no sanitary conditions. Not to mention the manufactured and stored diseases that will get released. People will trade their children for pain killers.

It'll be fun!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

if you survive the initial Shtf, where do you imagien yourself and what is the world doing now. i imagine that the world will be like old Japan, where their are clans or groups that take care of themselves. i imagine i would be with my family and my friends, if they survive and make it, somewhere that we are using as a base of operations while we survive by either raiding other sources or growing our own food.

Yep, possibly something like that.
The current world is very good for people with family's, but somewhat boring for the single folk. So this will mean that family's will have it harder than single folk who just do there thing, but in the long term the post SITX world will mean the family's prosper and the single folks get down to family life or keep on wandering about for work etc...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Well in 200 years? Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas. Just saying.
I can see that happening; the 200 year old edible food and Nuka Cola obviously NOT there for consumption of course. But how people live, how they barter, how there are raiding groups, how some know primitive medicine. How prewar stuff is kind of around but no one really knows how to use em. Off the grid totally. No power, got to make due with what you find to survive.

That sort of stuff.

You're kinda vibing but on the food thing...
They found edible food in the pyramids that are at least four thousand years old so some food will last longer than you think

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I live two blocks from puget sound naval shipyard. If shtf thats where im goin. I Work there. I have red badge tho im just FIREWATCh thru a contractor. But what i do know is they got guns..med supplies..and these badass tents with every type of vending machine imaginable. Thats where ill be. Got no family and my best friend works with me. Best choice.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Idaho won't last too well once the power goes out.

Largely it depends on how the SHTF. The ever-popular nuclear war will spawn a very different scenario from a conventional war, which spawns a very different scenario than resource failure, which is different from lethal pandemic, etc.

Let's say the most likely; economic collapse with a double whammy of environmental setback (wacky weather). We go back to the Great Depression. However, since our "breadbaskets" are so completely centralized and controlled by so few hands, and so totally reliant on petroleum... Hunger's going to become a fact of life like it never was in the 30's.

So, imagine that. The old newsreels, on steroids. Food riots, Waves of migrant populations going back and forth across the country entirely on the rumor of jobs. I can picture four federal administrations coming and going in as many years as each fails to solve the crisis instantly.

Of course, we take much of the world down with us - or at least the world that Americans consider as "counting." West Europe and East Asia go down, since our economies are so interdependent. Suddenly everyone is third world.

Past that, hard to say. Would need a lot more specifics.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Nice codewording usage there, pardner. I wonder if anyone else noticed.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The victor will use Directed Energy weapons from space and vaporize tribal farm crops.

They will force tribes to join the New World Order or face the same fate as their crops. Zapped by the Hubble Telescope's mirror like a ant under a magnifying glass.

Slavery and suffering of unimaginable proportions will be what Post-SHTF looks like.

Our perceived "freedom" is about to draw to a close. There will be no hiding. There will be no surviving.

There will only be suffering and death. Our Defense Department is pretty much a bunch of officers still in uniform and contractors supporting them. What happens if the people in Uniform fly off to China and leave the contractors at their military bases in America?

Imagine the SHTF unfolding under those circumstances. China gets handed 22nd Century Earth Domination technology in exchange for the few who abandoned their country and gave them the technology...would get regional control of whats left after decimation?

They figured that's the only route they could have saved the Legacy Starships and keep the secret human space travel ships....people of Science care not of philosophy. Do they?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The victor will use Directed Energy weapons from space and vaporize tribal farm crops.

They will force tribes to join the New World Order or face the same fate as their crops. Zapped by the Hubble Telescope's mirror like a ant under a magnifying glass.

Slavery and suffering of unimaginable proportions will be what Post-SHTF looks like.

Our perceived "freedom" is about to draw to a close. There will be no hiding. There will be no surviving.

There will only be suffering and death. Our Defense Department is pretty much a bunch of officers still in uniform and contractors supporting them. What happens if the people in Uniform fly off to China and leave the contractors at their military bases in America?

Imagine the SHTF unfolding under those circumstances. China gets handed 22nd Century Earth Domination technology in exchange for the few who abandoned their country and gave them the technology...would get regional control of whats left after decimation?

They figured that's the only route they could have saved the Legacy Starships and keep the secret human space travel ships....people of Science care not of philosophy. Do they?

I seriously doubt it will be as one-sided as that.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Whatever causes the SHTF scenario.... it will most likely be a shock when it happens... like 9-11... it will come without warning. In whatever form it will be something we might not be prepared for. It most likely will involve a number of events worldwide coinciding at the same time of different types.

When it starts it will probably look alot like Katrina.... one region will be devastated and the surrounding areas will experience the worst of the "lock-downs" rioting etc while the rest of the nation watches. The government will probably start by going to martial-law or similar practices nation wide to "cope" with the emergency because of the millions of refuges that would be moving. Camps would be built to house those with no where else to go.

Things can go bad very quickly. Our current modern society is very advanced but also hangs by a slender thread.

If the power grid was damaged or other utilities were non-operational things would go bad very quickly. It will also be a very slippery slope. Once things are clearly becoming dire you will see police, military, doctors, EMTs, utility workers stop showing up to work because they are tending to their own families and thinking that the situation is unrecoverable or their lives are in too much danger to go to work.

The food supply system in the USA is very reliant on transportation of foods to super markets daily.
Things go bad and supermarkets will be the first hit with looting and riots pillaging the food stores. These locations will become dangerous. Government food distribution centers most likely will take over with rationing.

If things go bad most people in the cities do not have enough food to last a week, month, year.

Also if you are a person who relies on medication you probably wont be able to get it reliably or at all.
The old and sick will become burdensome and many will die.

Suicides and murder and rape will skyrocket. Just really.... stop and think about all the systems we rely on, now take them away and really see what human animals will do to each other to survive and with no law to punish offenders.

Think wild-west but with modern morals and desensitization to violence.

Fire will burn unstopped. Cold areas will freeze. Clean water will be very hard to come by for most and those with it will need to defend it with force.

Things we can all do to be prepared. Now this isnt fear mongering. Every human should be able and willing to live off the land if the situation requires it. Learn how. Meet your neighbors, set up a neighborhood militia to protect your homes during the first shock-waves of lawlessness. Make pacts with other neighborhood militias to aid each other. Make plans for food and water acquisitions and stockpiling. Store non-perishable foods as much as you can. Everyone should have at least 6 months of food and water stored at their domicile. Go out and buy beans and rice etc etc while they are still available. Get water purification methods.

Last thing. We must have plans to maintain communication during this scenario you must assume all cell phone and internet services will not be available. How do you stay in touch. MAKE A PLAN.

Good Luck

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85

of course there will be religion, it is humans pathetic nature. Humans need to believe their is a higher poer than them and they don't believe the truth that they are the higher power.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I will have hard laborious days.

Planting and tending a large garden by hand, chopping wood, sanitizing water, hunting, fishing, pulling guard duty,
building a permanent shelter.

Work all day & sleep all night

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join