It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Camera-Phone Post from BlackJackal (Military Convoy)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
It looks like is says "AL" but its difficult to decipher the rest.

Greetings Brethren and Fellows,

It seems the Thelemites have now got their own military vehicles!

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yup, thats a HEMMT allright.

I was in a patriot missile unit. It doesnt look like thats whats being towed though. Patriot missile launchers are easy to identify. They have a 15 Kilowat generator mounted towards the truck end of the trailer, and have 4 square canisters with the missiles in them. From what I can see, maybe these are old Hawks?

The chalk on the side, as someone said earlier, is the convoy sderial ID number. We used to have to do them all the time in germany when we needed local road clearance to travel.

Out LRPT, Radar, all 8 launchers, our wrecker, our fuel tank, and missile loader were all HEMMTS. Those suckers never got stuck anywhere, and were a trip to ride in.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thats not a hmmt it is a pls. They are basically the same body design but the overall funtion is differnet. The pls has a hydraulic lift somewhat like a dump truck mechanism that lifts flat racks full of supplies off the ground and pulls them on its back. The purpose is for the quick insertion of ammuntion and supplies in a hostile enviroment. It can drop a load in just a minute or 2 and pick up a empty in the same. I will try to find a video of it in action real quick......

Well no video but pics and specs. And don't aruge and say its a hmmt cuz its not I know. The hemit is different. I took a 80 hour maintinance class on the pls just 1 year ago. I am very well informed on it. That company also makes the HET. ANother bad a$$ piece of equipment. Check it out!

www.oshkoshtruck.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I dont mean to offend you BJ and im probably i fine one to talk but what is the relavence of this post. It is only a millitary missile launcer.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Letters and numbers on the door is the convoy's clearance number. The military must coordinate with local and state transportation authorities, stating route, date of travel, number of vehicles, etc, whenever using the public highway. Also when oversized or hazardous material is being transported (yes, a rocket launcher is/can be pretty hazardous).

<< 1   >>

join