It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trOn - Legacy - Best of the decade!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hi All,

This isnt a conspiracy post as such but i wanted to share my love of the new trOn - i have already watched it 4 times and it inspired me to watch the original which for it's day was pretty good as well!!

What did you all think? It's kinda funny in some ways, are we as human bio organisms heading for a digital revolution?? Becoming reliant on computers, the internet and data? I looked at Google Earth last night, the way humans increase, reproduce and populate the Earth. Cities, Suburbs, Roads, Highways and skyscrappers. The way we are taking control over this world.

Everything from us as people to how our brains interact as electrical impulses. Watching cars, people and information commute on a daily basis. Carrying information, working as part of a bigger world, the small cog we are contributing to the bigger whole. Gave me lots to think about, about the human condition, the new and digital age we are moving into and where we are headed.

It's funny in some looking down from a top down approach.....

For all those that have not yet looked into tron here are some trailers
Enjoy!

It's fantastic and i have to say io am kinda obsessed!

Here is orignal trOn from 1982! Although relative to todays standards, the movie was quite grounbreaking in terms of CGI:

Heer we have todays version ( comic-con teaser trailer )

Trailers and Daft Punk

Enjoys Peeps, i did and loved it!! Best movie for a long time!!

Also to add on to above thread, i have been really interested in trOn replica suits etc ( no i'm not the much of a nerd ) lol but i see the more recent tron as a look into the future, i love the designs, the lighting etc etc.

The makers of the costumes used a meterial called Polylight, it is awesome, it is basically lighttape. I flexible, durable and easy to use type of tape that uses phosferesence. It is awesome and i would love to remodel parts of house with it and also a wicked hallowen costume

For anyone interested here is the company they contracted for the light suits:

Link: www.lighttape.com...

For the movie they of course worked with the makers and made some changes but it is still an awesome material!!!

Also i read that on the light -suits in the movie the batteries lasted for about 12 minutes!! Man li-ion anyone lol!
edit on 31-12-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
FYI: the aboveclips i posted are best viewed in youtube direct in HD. It's much better quality and also i recommend to anyone that is going to see it at the cinemas to watch in 3D!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It was good but I dont think it was great, it was one of the better remakes/reboots/sequels we have had but it didnt have a massive stand out quality. It didnt defy or create any new standards and the CGI was good but not great (young jeff bridges looked fake when ever he spoke especially when you first see him). I think if it was a bit darker it would have been better it still felt like it was made a bit more hunky dory just to keep the rating PG to bring in the family audiences to help it sell better

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I thought it was OK. Nothing fantastic though.

The CGI was run of the mill considering what can be done these days but the "bad" (young) Jeff Bridges seemed too unreal to be convincing and was hard to imagine as anything but fake.

The human eye is such a critic and almost impossible to fool..lol

What made this a real downer of a movie for me was the (inevitable) ending that leaves this sequel well and truly open for more sequels. Money, money, money.

Near the end, see if you can spot the scene with the sequence that will be the link for the next movie. If you can't, then PM me and I will reveal.

6/10
edit on 12/1/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I quite liked it! Though CLU kind of reminded me of Hitler, what with his desire to expand and his brain washing of the citizens...Also, that genocide...Anyway!
Special effects were amazing, and the plot was well done. Couldn't have asked for a better sequel.

join