It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House of the Temple, headquarters of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry(Video tour)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
(Skip to 19:30 to watch the tour inside the HQ)

Must say it is beautiful from the inside. The art display, old pictures etc.

Have a look inside yourself

edit on 30-12-2010 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Rainbow girls (second video skip to 5:25min)

Female side of Masons? Cool, but I thought no girls allowed. Or is that only with skulls and bones?

Demolay for boys (according to second vid also Masons)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

rainbow girls and Jobs daughters is a female masonic organization. (for kids) Demolay for boys. The Female groups would go into the OES or Order of the Eastern Star, if they decided to get into a masonic group.

The House of Temple in DC is amazing. I went last year and really enjoyed the architecture as well as the tour.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just my own personal view but it looks to me like the freemasons are pushing some massive clandestine recruitment drive. They've made the leap from a secretive organization to National TV in England and the U.S.

The History Channel TV program about the whitehouse and the cornerstone seems to be a misdirection because the real purpose of programs like this is to attract more members like a big yellow flower opening up and prostituting itself for the bees. The question should be why are they recruiting the general public over to the dark side? Is it because so many Freemasons have woken up to the evil and left the cult?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Scottish Rite building in Little Rock, Arkansas, is pretty impressive. I also toured the New Orleans one this last November and I enjoyed it immensely.

reply to post by network dude

Don't forget the Daughters of the Nile, the Amaranth, and Social Order of the Beauceant.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Its big very big.

The thing I dont like is.
I am 28, just recently i am beginning to learn about the Masons.
So if i would join, i should go to my local lodge.
But i see those children's programs, were you can join when you are 12?
Thats a 16year advantage. Well in 3monts you can achieve level 32, and then up to 8 years to achieve 33.
Then 8 years later, i for example want to join. Starting from level 1, while someone who became involved from the age of 12, are busy with the Grand Hierophant .

Ohw and when someone of the same generation(high level), encounters a new member with great potential. They can become real friends, rising to the top

Thats not fair, in my eyes. Cause I was not able to, cause my parents weren't involved

But probably i am totally wrong

And I think if someone joins the Masons on a later stage past your 20, then life has coloured you to much.
And if the protecting of the secrets is most important, then I would count them out to gain access to the real knowledge.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

Masons used to not recruit at all. You had to approach the organization to even be considered. The economy has hurt everyone, including the Masons, and many lodges are not forced to recruit, raise dues, or merge with other Lodges to survive. It is a shame that so many people are uninvolved in their communities and would prefer to stay home in front of the boob tube, instead of attempting to learn something, help out the community, and make great friends for life. Things were different 50 and 100 years ago and it was an honor to serve your community, now it is just a hassle that most people don't bother themselves with.

reply to post by KSigMason

Daughters of the Nile is like the Female Shriners moreso than Female Masons.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Demolay really doesn't give you any insight or advantage in Masonry. If you participated in school government or elections, or if you have ever addressed a room full of coworkers, or if you have ever had to memorize a speech or poem, then you have the same advantage that someone from Demolay has.

On top of that, if you have great potential, and you befriend someone that has a lot of rank and experience in Masonry, then of course you will advance quickly due to your good friends, good works, and dedication. It is no different than joining a corporation as a rookie, but being well-qualified, befriending the CEO, and working your arse off gets you quickly promoted.

Hardwork is often rewarded. Who woulda thought?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The most important part is that you enter it on your own. You have to want to do it. Then you will get the most out of it. I hope you do join and if you do, find a good mentor. Preferably a certified lecturer. But don't be too disappointed if in 12 years you find that it's exactly what we said it was. If you put the conspiracy side of your search on the side burner and enjoy the brotherhood for what it is, you will see why we love it so much. But I would say to always think of things with your conspiracy side in mind. That will help you catch the secrets that most miss.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

reply to post by network dude

Don't forget the Daughters of the Nile, the Amaranth, and Social Order of the Beauceant.

why yes, how could I forget them.

sorry I had no idea they existed. I think I heard of Daughters of the Nile. but I have lived a sheltered life.
Why, we don't even have beer at out lodge. Crazy huh.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Why, we don't even have beer at out lodge. Crazy huh.

But you have all the sweet tea you can drink!

Kinda makes up for it, no?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
And I think if someone joins the Masons on a later stage past your 20, then life has coloured you to much.
And if the protecting of the secrets is most important, then I would count them out to gain access to the real knowledge.
I disagree. I don't think when I was in my 20s I was mature enough to really understand the lessons of Freemasonry. I'm glad I waited to join until I'd settled down with a house & wife & kid rather than do it impulsively when I was first in college and partying all the time.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
I disagree. I don't think when I was in my 20s I was mature enough to really understand the lessons of Freemasonry. I'm glad I waited to join until I'd settled down with a house & wife & kid rather than do it impulsively when I was first in college and partying all the time.

Bill Clinton, went to Demolay, he became president?
I think its impossible to convert with whole your soul, when you are past your 20s.

If you see how much digging went going on for the corner stone in the White house?? Then i assume those secrets hold much power. If i belonged to the inner circle, you never would see those thousands year old secrets. It has nothing to do with you, but your mind is being formed by the media, movies, news etc etc.
To risky, that's all.

You would be perfect to build an company,or just protect the society by example commenting here.

I don't think when I was in my 20s I was mature enough to really understand the lessons of Freemasonry.

I believe those childeren who participate from 12 years old, understand freemasonry very well before their 20s.

I think you need those 2 flows of members. One to keep the wisdom, and one to give it strength.
1flow( join from 12years of, see bill clinton) Serve
2flow( join after becoming aware) Protect.

If you read well, nothing I stated is based on facts. I know if I want to know, i need to go and find I certified lecturer of the Freemasons

edit on 31-12-2010 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is from Brad Meltzer's Decoded.

The chick in this show is Christine McKinley and she's the daughter of a Freemason. This episode was filmed just after the 4th of July. At 4:45 she uses the mano cornuto to estimate distance on a map.

If you watch this show just to get a glimpse of the House of the Temple, then you won't be disappointed (just make sure you fast forward to 20:00).

If you watch it for any other reason, such as for an unbiased expert opinion, then you'd better look elsewhere. They play both sides against each other, claiming that they are both "well-researched." However, as is typical with every episode, they give the apologist more credibility by placing highly-credentialed apologists up against talking heads to represent the conspiracy theorists.

S. Brent Morris looked pissed off when he was describing the White House corner stone. Buddy Levy finds a photo and comes up with a theory that the stone was taken out and chopped into pieces. De Hoyos then insists that he "must blow holes in theories." S. Brent Morris then sends them on a goose chase telling them that the Capitol Building cornerstone is also missing. The team leaves saying that the Freemasons don't look like they're hiding anything, but that all they accomplished by visiting the House of the Temple was to second-guess themselves.

The second video seems to be a dead link.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
that's strange the second video was years and years old, and suddenly its removed from the internet.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

top topics

join