It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Pennsylvania man stole video game from boy's casket.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is but a taste of what is coming down the road as things become more unstable with the world. It is terrifying to think that in this age of economic turmoil that even a funeral becomes fair game in the quest for material gain. The laws will tighten I'm sure to try to prevent stuff like from happening. Eventually however, I think there will be rampant theft,the likes of which haven't been seen before.

Who,in there right mind, would steal from someone's coffin? I would think just the 'taint' of the object being with a dead person would be deterrent enough let alone it being terribly disrespectful. You know what they say though,'Desperate times call for desperate measures.'

If people become more willing to steal from graves or funerals,then this should serve as fair warning about how they will view you and yours while you are still breathing.

See article:www2.tbo.com

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You can't take it with you.

No really, why was he buried with it in the first place? Was he going to trade with Anubis?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
In an environment of scarcity, no one is in their right mind. You could even argue that the right state of mind is pure survival instinct. You can't survive on Colin McRae's Dirt 1 alone, sometimes you've got to gamble on upsetting a few sensitive types for a taste of that sweet Dirt 2.

All levity aside, it's hard to be outraged by this. Disappointed, sad that it's come to that... but I doubt it's the first case of someone stealing something they felt they needed more than the dead. I guess the notable part is that we've reached a point where we don't violate society's moral compass for necessities such as food and shelter, but pure entertainment.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
You can't take it with you.

No really, why was he buried with it in the first place? Was he going to trade with Anubis?

Well I do hear Anubis loves games!

I just hope it was for the correct system, Anubis doesn't get out much to get the newest one.

OK enough joking, but anyway this is truly retarded, why steal a game? It can't keep you warm or feed you, I guess you could pawn it or sell it to Game Stop but seriously, my last thought in these times is about those kinds of things. I am more worried in how to hunt and fish under the cover of darkness while the gaming commies are asleep...lol. Or who has the orange orchard up the way and how I could trade work for some oranges. Or how many blankets I can buy/ get my hands on so when the electric inevitably gets shut down, I can keep me and my kids warm with, oh and thank God I live in Florida because the cold won't be lasting too long! Seriously, WTH was this guy thinking????

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well this is a bit sad if we have to start robbing graves but its a new age and day but than again a long time ago there were grave robbers they must be making a come back

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It was quite a bit more than a "game"

State police are trying to find a Pennsylvania man who they say stole a handheld video game system and accessories

Some systems can run over 500 bucks.

Anyway, makes a little more sense that he would steal that versus a game...though not as sensational...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I hope the wall street fat cats are happy...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Shame.. People cant even respect the dead.. Hope the boy comes back and haunts him...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I realize that there have always been grave robbers throughout history,but I think this sort of thing might make a big comeback. Why? Well,it's pretty common to bury people with sometimes valuable mementos. Who knows how many people have been buried with a family's precious heirlooms or other items for 'safe-keeping'.

Also, I would add that It would be a devilishly clever thing for a family to have a special casket made with a false bottom inside the lead lining (to avoid detection of items) and place lots of 'stuff'' in it while burying poor old Uncle So-and-so for later retreival. You know,precious metals,handguns,etc... You never know.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well the guy who was robbed dosnt mind, and Im sure his parents dont realy care that the items were stolen, I think they are more upset with the disrespect the thief showed the greiving family, the guy who stole the items well he is just a low lifw who is so caught up in matirial greed ( or have a drug problem) that he has lost the respect of all who know him or care about him

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What video game was it?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Can't believe how mad people are that a living creature "stole" something from an inanimate object (corpse).

Let's punish the LIVING creature...

He should have waited till no one was watching, then we would not have to hear about this. And the "spin" put on it by the OPost.

People steal all the time, this is not a "unique incident" because it involves a corpse/grave digging. If anything it makes it more common, since grave robbing has been around since graves...and...well...robbing.

(I am prepared to be "dirty" for not falling for the appeal to emotion. All I ask is for some evidence on how this incident shows our economic status, as well as how it shows this person is a "low life".)
How do we know that the corpse (pre-death) didn't steal the system from the one who was still alive?
(We don't. Or at least I don't so hook me up with the data/facts!)

new topics

top topics

join