It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is "bad": 5month swedish healthcare wait costs man his :"jimmy"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

This is the problem with humanity. Money is the only motivator. Imagine a world where money was never the first consideration.

Why assume you need to sue someone? The legal system is only for people with resources. This is why corporations, like HMOs, have risen to power. They have the resources to manipulate the system and make it work to their advantage.

Wouldn't it be better if a doctor could just focus on helping people?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Michael Douglas. Famous, with lots of money. His wife, Catherine Zeta Jones spoke on public TV and said they kept going to different doctors for months with the complaint of a growth someplace in the back of his mouth, throat. Doctors said it was nothing, until one discovered it was stage 4 cancer.

I am in the US and poor. I have seen all kinds of people die because they were not able to afford health care. We should have public health care so the ordinary working person can stay healthy enough to keep working and paying taxes, rather than becoming disabled and dying prematurely because of a lack of health care.

Now we will have a system, which like Medicare is now, that has such high premiums, deductibles and co-pays that it will keep people from seeking health care. This means Medicare will regulate their own lack of health care because they must choose between health care, food, heat, cooling in summer. A scenario that will have the same effect as no health care insurance.

Many clinics will not accept Medicare patient, who is new to them. because of low Medicare reimbursement rates.
edit on 30-12-2010 by rectangle because: clarity

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

You are not addressing my point. What do you do when someone is negligent?

Oh well, the surgeon took my leg off instead of taking my tonsils out, no big deal.

I guess I am just # out of luck, right?

That way the same thing can happen over and over again. There are accidents and problems as such, but what happens when it is something else?

Like I said, I would RATHER have recourse if something goes wrong. That is what a private contracts and private business has going for it.

If you do not understand that, there is nothing I can say to change your mind about anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would rather die of a lack of healthcare, than be a slave just to have healthcare to continue to work, to pay for said healthcare.

Are people so afraid of dying, that they willingly become slaves?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You can absolutely sue the doctor. Why would you be unable to?
edit on 30-12-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

They can be sued for malpractice or have their licenses revoked. Pretty good incentive not to screw up.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

i hear you. mistakes happen. all you do is your nest to enable success and manage failure.

if they are incompetent, fire them.

you cannot prevent all accidents. security is an illusion, like a deadbolt on a door that is next to a window.

if you see yourself getting mistreated, it will happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Firstly this is about a Doctor misdiagnosing someone something that happens in both private and public medical care

Secondly During this time the man had exactly the same right as anyone else to seek private medical care if he wanted to and could afford it, just like in the US.
Private hospitals / doctors do not some how disappear because you have a health service that treats people that can't afford them.

And he could have made an appointment with a different doctor for a second opinion.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

Unfortunately, we're not in the habit of questioning our authorities up here in the frozen north. We trust that the people endowed with the bits of paper actually know what they're doing and are doing it properly. Silly, silly nordics.

And no, you virtually cannot sue these doctors - communal or private. There was a doctor here who was thoroughly incompetent. Instead of actually taking him to task over it, they gave him a job as an EU doctor so he's out of the country now. The look after their own. The whole industry is like that. Many other industries are too. We need to take personal responsibility for our work and our lives now. It's not for others to handle on our behalf.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join