It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any Snakes at work? Me too!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Seriously?

Why can't people worry about themselves? Especially someone who is a director and has no work to do all day. My work is exceptional, and yet this peice of s*1t insists on talking contantly behind my back magnifying the most insignficant things he can come up with or, failing that, fabricating them.

I did nothing to this person, yet they have brainwashed 1 person out of the whole company who has influence over my advancement, and has sucessfully prevented it for years. Not only am I absolutely over-qualified, I'm more experienced and knowledgable than people several pay grades higher who also have nothing to do all day.

I've been playing the political game as well and have been pulling out all the cards, and yet this f$@@3r comes back after a month long vacation and the first thing he does is F@#$ everything up. This person is a psychopath as described in the book: Snakes in Suits.

en.wikipedia.org...:_When_Psychopaths_Go_to_Work

Yes, I know this is how captilism works, but capitalism can work fine without snakes.

%@##%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Best way to deal with a snake in the grass is to run over it with a lawnmower.
2nd line

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Seriously?

Why can't people worry about themselves? Especially someone who is a director and has no work to do all day. My work is exceptional, and yet this peice of s*1t insists on talking contantly behind my back magnifying the most insignficant things he can come up with or, failing that, fabricating them.

I did nothing to this person, yet they have brainwashed 1 person out of the whole company who has influence over my advancement, and has sucessfully prevented it for years. Not only am I absolutely over-qualified, I'm more experienced and knowledgable than people several pay grades higher who also have nothing to do all day.

I've been playing the political game as well and have been pulling out all the cards, and yet this f$@@3r comes back after a month long vacation and the first thing he does is F@#$ everything up. This person is a psychopath as described in the book: Snakes in Suits.

en.wikipedia.org...:_When_Psychopaths_Go_to_Work

Yes, I know this is how captilism works, but capitalism can work fine without snakes.

%@##%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing, except at school...and he's my cousin. he has succesfully brainwashed most of his friends that I am lame...and wierd. I just shrug it off, make a good name for myself, and his friends eventually see that he has nothing better to do than go on Facebook and talk about me, so they generally don't care. It really doesn't matter if there is a snake in the group. Shrug it off, and it will have nothing better to do. If the problem consists, tell your boss, and prove it to him.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Technically they are my bosses boss. So it doesn't work that way, unfortunately. There is nothing to be done or said to remedy the situation other than to move under a different director which I'm currently trying to do.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately in this economy it's not easy to just get another job. Now that employer's have more power, they are treating people like slaves.

As for your school situation, that is something that can change as people get older and become adults. Usually family members eventually learn to get along.

By the way, when you're at the age of being in school, you should do something to build your confidence like lift weights or sign up for martials arts.

Originally posted by mr10k

Same thing, except at school...and he's my cousin. he has succesfully brainwashed most of his friends that I am lame...and wierd. I just shrug it off, make a good name for myself, and his friends eventually see that he has nothing better to do than go on Facebook and talk about me, so they generally don't care. It really doesn't matter if there is a snake in the group. Shrug it off, and it will have nothing better to do. If the problem consists, tell your boss, and prove it to him.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would be MAD AS HELL, whilst yelling out of my window IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Seriously i can see how this can be very frustrating, to the point of no return. I am over qualified aswell, and my superiors are dumb ignorant !@#$s, which ofcourse also decide my advancement. But hey don't hate the player hate the game. # Capitalism! right? or?

The loyal slave learns to love the lash''

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have the same problem with a work colleague...I ignore it as much as possible and leave others to make their minds up. I have a good working relationship with most of the others and the penny is dropping with the ones she has deluded. My boss has fallen for her charms and tried to lay me off but I went to my union and he had to keep me on. Keep up that chin and you will win through. People like this usually drop themselves right in it eventually.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea. Not sure if a lawmower will fit through the front door though, haha.

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Best way to deal with a snake in the grass is to run over it with a lawnmower.
2nd line

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
IRONICALLY i found out the other day this person was straight up FIRED from there last job.

They joined our company and got promoted 3 times in 2 years. I couldn't figure out why... they never did anything and always complained about everything.

I then found out they were related to the highest ranking board member. SUPRISE!

Originally posted by sueloujo
I have the same problem with a work colleague...I ignore it as much as possible and leave others to make their minds up. I have a good working relationship with most of the others and the penny is dropping with the ones she has deluded. My boss has fallen for her charms and tried to lay me off but I went to my union and he had to keep me on. Keep up that chin and you will win through. People like this usually drop themselves right in it eventually.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That's the problem: You can't just ignore it. You have to document EVERYTHING. You have to play politics HARDCORE. This in addition to being the Fu^%&^ man 24/7.

Originally posted by sueloujo

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh yes ..I do document everything..now. I make sure I know exactly what is said etc so that if anything is directed at me I then have the ammunition to back it up. It is hard work always watching your back but I don't let it eat away at me and I try to have as little dealings with the person as possible but when I do have to I am totally professional. I do not relate anything about my personal life in any way whatsoever which frustrates the hell out of her as these psychopaths like to know everything.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You're in a catch 22. If you complain about this snake you may look like somebody who's not a team player. If you confront him you take the chance of making the situation even worse.

Having held several positions including manager for the past 30 years, I've had to work with a few snakes myself at times.

First off if your supervisor or manager is doing their job, they should already be well aware of the personalities in the office. As a manager, I was aware who the slackers were and who did outstanding work. When I had an employee that created conflicts among workers, I would call that particular employee into my office to address the issue. In no uncertain terms, I would let them know that they needed to change their attitude or find another place of employment.

In my opinion you have a few options...

-You can request a meeting with your supervisor or boss and carefully convey your concerns about this individual. Before bringing up your concerns about this snake, convey to your boss that you really enjoy working at the company and you're always focused on doing the best the job possible. Relay your concerns about this individual and ask your boss if he feels your work is above par. Hopefully your boss has taken notice and will compliment on your work. If he does, relay your concerns that you feel that this "snake" is chronically criticizing your work. Let him or her know that you're concerned that your hard work is going un-noticed because of what this individual is doing. Sometimes you will be surprised that your boss has already keyed in on "these snakes" or other employees have brought this individual to his or her attention.

-If your boss or supervisor isn't understanding of the situation, start looking for another place of employment. If they're not going to address the issue with this individual, you're going to find yourself stressed out every time you walk into work. This person is going to be a thorn in your side every day of the week.

-Unfortunately it really comes down to the personality of your boss. Some times you can't understand how some of these knuckle heads get promoted.

Hope this helps, Best of Luck

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Technically they are my bosses boss. So it doesn't work that way, unfortunately. There is nothing to be done or said to remedy the situation other than to move under a different director which I'm currently trying to do.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately in this economy it's not easy to just get another job. Now that employer's have more power, they are treating people like slaves.

As for your school situation, that is something that can change as people get older and become adults. Usually family members eventually learn to get along.

By the way, when you're at the age of being in school, you should do something to build your confidence like lift weights or sign up for martials arts.

Originally posted by mr10k

What a coincedence! I have already trained in Martial Arts, but sadly, that was along time ago when I was in New york. Now, in Florida, I just weight train. I've got my packs up, and I know a few martial arts moves, and I even learned how to meditate. I'm also one of the lucky guys, that get to hang with everybody and not get criticized or judged, so my confidence is at its peak.

top topics

join