It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBC Attacks Herbal Medicines

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Herbal medicines may be risky for kids
www.cbc.ca...

Giving alternative treatments such as homeopathic remedies instead of conventional medicines to children may have deadly side-effects in rare instances, a new analysis says.

"Many of the adverse events associated with failure to use conventional medicine resulted from the family's belief in complementary and alternative medicine and determination to use it despite medical advice," Alissa Lim of the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne and colleagues wrote.

May I suggest that you start listening to people with legitimate academic credentials instead of your witch doctors? Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz19SSgF4FR

23 People on the comment section disagree with me that Herbal medicines can save someone yet they prefer Pharmaceutical drugs, the attacks on Herbal medicines have started.

The comments made by the commentators are utter nonsense yet they cant even provide proof.

@OneFox2010: Yes, pharmaceuticals have saved the lives of several members of my family when "natural" products didn't work, thus by your logic it is superior to natural products because it saved more people.

What do you all think? has the war on Herbal Medicines already started?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Codex Alimentarius.

This propaganda campaign is only getting started. Soon you will see ads telling you that growing in your backyard garden is dangerous, that multi-vitamins are evil, etc.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Care to wake up the sheeps? in the comment section? i tired but i failed

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Care to wake up the sheeps? in the comment section? i tired but i failed

Ive been screaming about codex for months, but people dont want to listen. People are still in that mindset that government control comes in the form of an overnight declaration, not a gradual campaign of propaganda meant to change the average persons thinking.

Props to you for bringing this to light.

As we go forward for a few months, people will start to notice it more and more. Hopefully it wont be too late.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Of course synthetic drugs NEVER have adverse or fatal effects...
Good thing someone is telling me to stay away from harmful plants. I mean, its not like Big Pharma synthesizes any of their drugs from plants or anything...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I agree with y'all--you and the OP-- on this, but, how are they going to handle the corporate "GNC" stores once it comes to fruition?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Aaahh CBC.... you certainly ain't the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation you used to be...
We used to be proud of you, our national public reporting network.

Now this is the crap you are trying to feed us??
SHAME

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

I agree with y'all--you and the OP-- on this, but, how are they going to handle the corporate "GNC" stores once it comes to fruition?

GNC and the others are exactly what they are going to want. It'll simply be a product shift. The idea is that you must BUY your supplements, not grow them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Eh, I will have to research how to produce my own CS then...

Hopefully the mom and pop shops will not be effected much.

I can't see buying CS in a plastic bottle from GNC or the likes....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is insane.
Sorriest thing is that the masses will believe whatever they hear on TV.
They are totally controlled already.

I wonder if TPTB will try to eradicate Dandelions. I have a really nice crop this year. I eat it like lettuce.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

But Canada is so vast; how are they going to logistically enforce this?

Another of my many questions re: Codex....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think each herb and supplement needs to be looked at individually. There certainly are herbs that are recognized by medical doctors and societies to be quite beneficial. On the other hand, there is no doubt that some of the herbal medicines being pushed by unscrupulous companies are NOT beneficial, and in fact, potentially harmful, or even deadly.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Bottom line if I wanna use herbal remedies I can. If I want to use any kind of drug even illegal ones I can. I am not scared of some boogy man pretending to act like they know whats best for me. AKA television.

A machine shouldn't speak for men.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The study CBC cited is this

Adverse events associated with the use of complementary and alternative medicine in children

adc.bmj.com/content/early/2010/11/24/adc.2010.183152.abstract

public fulltext pdf of the report here

press.psprings.co.uk/adc/december/adc183152.pdf

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Eh, I will have to research how to produce my own CS then...

Hopefully the mom and pop shops will not be effected much.

I can't see buying CS in a plastic bottle from GNC or the likes....

The ma and pops will be the first to go.

Codex is all about regulation. If its not regulated, it eventually wont be sold, anywhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is exactly what Bill C36 is all about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is what the whole thing was about. Regulating and demonizing herbal supplements, alternative medical practices, vitamins and on and on.

They want to turn some of this stuff into schedule 1 items and others onto the Controlled Substances list.

Sure some things should be put there but if I understand it correctly, many things will end up there that have no need to. We already have laws on the books for this stuff.

Ones like this. www.hc-sc.gc.ca...

I'll wait and see what really does end up on these controlled substances lists but from all I have heard, this may pretty much end the Natural food industry in Canada as we have it today. Supplements, vitamins and what not will be much more expensive to produce and sell, brining the market into a few a major players hands and out of the small business realm.
edit on 28-12-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks for the links, CBC never posts them on there article

These are the things the big drug companies see as a threat, this indeed an attack on neutral alternative medicine.

1.Gingko
2.Homeopathic drops
3.Crushed pearl
4.Ingestion of vitamin mixture
(^Vitamin mixs are bad for you
typical)

5.Echinacea (Herbal Tea)
6.Large volumes of chamomile tea
7.Raspberry tea leaf
8.Multiple herbal and vitamin/mineral supplements
9.Gingko and brahmi
10.Herbal centre medicine (ingredients)
11.Multiple herbal therapy and minerals
12.Intramuscular injection of daily vitamins
13.Oral and intravenous calcium

They even go to claim that under pregnancy a Multiple herbal and vitamin/mineral supplements mix can cause Neonatal hyponatraemic seizures and while Raspberry tea leaf can cause Premature closure of ductus arteriosus.

Yet they have no proof of any of there utter claims, funny thing is under Potential AEs a Ingestion of vitamin mixture can cause a Allergic reaction.

It seems the war on alternative medicine has well indeed started.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by OhZone

But Canada is so vast; how are they going to logistically enforce this?

Another of my many questions re: Codex....

They wont have to enforce it on you, they will enforce it on businesses. If you dont have access to supplements, or organic seeds, then you cant get them, so theres nothing to enforce on you.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There are clearly some legitimate concerns about methods that are alternative to mainstream western medicine. In this case, people who do not have enough knowledge concerning a drug's interaction with the body who are administering things they should not have. Even Doctors make mistakes when prescribing meds, letting alone the whole harm induced by unsafe, minimally tested drugs as well as the lobbying and profit as a goal problems. Everybody is different, some more different than others and therefore different people can have varying reactions to the same drugs. If you're unsure about a certain natural remedy (or any for that matter), attempt to draw from a variety of sources and check where the funding for the research came from. When and if administering, in order to avoid potential harm or allergic reactions, take/give only a minute amount and observe for any negative reactions. Maybe there should be more safeguards in place to ensure that there's reduced incidence of mortality, but from what I've been hearing about Codex, it sounds like there is going to be a totalitarian # storm... figures. Seems the EU is set to ban natural meds in 2011, and then the rest of us like dominoes unless we stop it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join