It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those in or visiting Florida - Bullet train from Tampa to Orlando just got Fed Funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I just heard, that the U.S. Dept. of Transportation granted FL $342 million to start the bullet train! Woo Hoo!

For those who care (and don't know), this could mean a lot for our tourism industry (and my addiction to Orlando theme parks)... For years, the expensive part of the trip has been the hotel stay (because I'd be too tired to drive home). Now, we could take the train (once it's built). Still a ways off though. Last I saw was a 2015 projection, but that was prior to the funds, so could change that now.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's great! Can't wait for them to get started on the part of the system that's supposed to go in Texas, and the rest of the national connections. It's long overdue.

Why didn't all that money that went to the banksters instead go to building infrastructure that is badly needed?? Jobs + Infrastructure = good for everyone.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I just heard, that the U.S. Dept. of Transportation granted FL $342 million to start the bullet train! Woo Hoo!

For those who care (and don't know), this could mean a lot for our tourism industry (and my addiction to Orlando theme parks)... For years, the expensive part of the trip has been the hotel stay (because I'd be too tired to drive home). Now, we could take the train (once it's built). Still a ways off though. Last I saw was a 2015 projection, but that was prior to the funds, so could change that now.

it is about time! I am tired of Miami and Pompano getting all the action!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I hope this provides a lot of jobs otherwise to me it's a waste of money. I live in FL as well, about 45 mins from Orlando and Tampa to Orlando isn't even long so again to me this is a huge waste of tax payers money.

Florida needs to figure out a few other things first before they waste millions on this....unless it helps people in the end but I have notice living in FL my whole life, nothing those people do helps anyone it only hurts them.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
lucky for you guys.

i read a while ago that pittsburgh was one of the top canidates for the government funded high speed but i cant remember where i read it. i really hope it comes through i could see a pitt-philly helping out here. then they could do a dc/baltimore to philly to nyc line.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Even with approved funding, our governor (I didn't vote for the crook) is trying to shoot it down...bastard.

Besides the convenience, would provide jobs, etc.

top topics

join