It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 51
<< 48  49  50   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

When did I ever say we all had to fit the same mold? You're grossly misinterpreting my comments I'm afraid. Differences are fine, hating others for being different is not, IMO. Your posts contain alot of animosity, not towards people who have wronged you directly, but towards people who simply live differently than you do, and they come across as the thoughts of a hateful, bigoted person. Maybe I'm wrong, if so, my apologies.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Your not thinking this through Anne..while speaking of forced equality and other such concepts...and claiming equality is your goal.

Watch this in how you are contradicting yourself in your statements. The interesting thing about this is that I don't think others get this nor do you.

Now - - what exactly constitutes sex life?

Showing a picture of your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Talking about your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Keeping copies of Playboy/Playgirl in your locker?

Commenting on someone's Boobs/Shoulders?

I'm straight and I really don't want to hear about your Straight Sex that goes on behind closed doors.

The very problem with these people/group is that they define themselves by the very word...Gay...thus identifying themselves by their sexual orientation.

I don't want to hear about anyone's straight sex either ..nor any other kind. That is to much information's. Photos of others...or who others hang around with is none of my business.

Don't ask Don't tell is to me the same as not defining who and what one is by ones sexuality, sex, sexual orientation. That is none of my business and I am not interested in it. I am interested in ones professionalism..not just in the military ..but in the civilian world as well.

Forced equality...Wow!!!

Finally this thread is coming around to what I posted back on page 43 in agreement with Josephus 23 about forced equality being fascist in nature.

And here you are again saying it on page 49.

Originally posted by peck420

You can't remove rights of one to placate another, in EITHER direction.

Well actually - - yes you can. Just from this one discussion - - - you can see how equality has to be Forced.

Looks like someone else gets it out here as well. This is standard M1A political technique today...divide and conquer...by force of law...while claiming it is equality. It is not unity or bringing people together.
I agree with peck 420..in that you cannot remove rights of one to placate another..in either direction.

This is why I say Don't Ask Don't Tell makes sense. It is a mistake for this group to identify itself by its sex , sexuality, sexual orientation alone. ..which is what they have done. And then by this very fingerprint to demand respect and tolerance from others. To do so does not even make good nonsense to people who can think it through.

Interestingly enough..this is the very idea and concept which a educated, intelligent, informed body politic, media, and public education...does not seem want to ask..or to even enter the conscience/thoughts of the pubic. I dont see anyone out here asking why a group would choose to define themselves by their sex, sexuality, sexual orientation.

As I said...in my previous post..
People define themselves by..

Their occupations
Their lineage
Or some great work they have done and left to posterity.

People who can think for themselves know this. They do not define themselves by this fingerprint ...homo or hetero. That is not the issue. This fingerprint which is being debated here is and should be a private issue not a pubic issue. Which is what Don't Ask Don't Tell is going towards...keeping it private.

The only possible reason for the body politic to get involved is for political lucre..they are not interested in this group per se..except for the votes they can get by them.

Golf 66 said it well...at the bottom of page 49.

Until we are just American's rather than African, Hispanic, Asian, handicapped or whatever hyphenated group wants’ special redress today there will be inequality - just towards a different victim.

I don't see how this is hard to understand?

You cannot have equality under the law until all groups are removed from their special protected status and each individual is looked at as well, an individual who is responsible for his/her own actions rather than a member of a group.

I will say it another way. You do not solve a " Victim Dictum " problem by making someone else a "New Victim." and then ignoring them in lieu of the old victims. At the expense of" New Victims."

Someone else said it well. You have to figure out how to bring all into equality..but not by this method of "Forced Equality."

Annee,

reply to post by FreeSafety

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very familiar with your type of posting.

You come into a thread with a premise of understanding and wanting to learn or be open to different ideas.

But you really are not. Your main intent is to make your own position known.

You will continue to be tenacious in trying to make everyone agree with your viewpoint.

ATS has room for all kinds of ideas..in agreement and disagreement both as long as it is within the T&C.
One can make this same claim about your posts...even intolerance...particularly when you speak of forced equality. This rings a bell quickly with people who hold liberties and privacy dear. For they know instinctively that liberty is often contingent on privacy. It appears that this group of which we speak does not understand that concept.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
reply to post by Annee

Your not thinking this through Anne..while speaking of forced equality and other such concepts...and claiming equality is your goal.

Do not tell me what I think.

I will say over my 64 years I did not always think as I do today.

With age comes wisdom.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by orangetom1999
reply to post by Annee

Do not tell me what I think.

I will say over my 64 years I did not always think as I do today.

With age comes wisdom.

Annee,

Ok..no problem. Your response is textbook of todays.."Im sitting on the only one in town thinking." No problem I get it.

As I said ..there is room for all kinds of thinking and people on ATS.

I too do not think as I did in yesterday. That is not the point I am making here. No problem again.

Once again..I do not exclusively post this for you..but for others out here who can see, hear, and understand.

Though it has been years since I had this conversation with a homosexual male...I expressed to him the concept of which I speak here..

That is is very ignorant for a person to describe themselves or define themselves by their sex, sexuality, sexual orientation. For people are so much more than these things...much much more.

To my astonishment ....they comprehended and agreed with me. No one had ever approached him with this concept.

I still stand by what I said...the political winds of this nation will sell this group and the whole nation down the drain on any issue they can come up with for power and votes...and to the betterment of only the body politic..not the public felicity.

In this case it is not wisdom....they will sell the military and hence the whole nation down the drain for political power/leverage.

This issue or any other.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think one of the biggest issue with hetro guys in the military isn't so much wether they allow gays in the military, but whether the "gay culture" is allowed in. I see a problem with a gay guy in the military that is extremley feminine or lets say.... flamboyant.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by 27jd

You're wanting ME to carry rubber gloves in case some gay gets shot?

I'm not going to carry **** just to accommodate someone who's "special."

Yes, the military tests blood. Tell us how often.

You made the point - tell us per regulation and actual practice just how often men in the military have their blood tested.

That's the dumbest answer I've ever heard to justify this madness.

I'm not carrying gloves, I'm not going to attend sensitivity focus groups, I'm not going to listen and change my combat behavior.

A known gay gets shredded and is bleeding - he can bleed out or fix himself, because I'm not getting near that crap.

You hopefully are not in the service: you don't sound like you are. If you actually some how are in, you will attend anything your officers order. You sound like a homophobe who never spent a moment in uniform.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
When my ass was on the line, I did not care who was saving it. Gay, Lesbian, who gives a rat's ass?

Anyone who wears the uniform in any service is my brother, or my sister.

Seems like the most people who have an issue with the repeal DADT never served. Typical.

top topics

<< 48  49  50   >>

join