It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi PM to U.S.: Thanks, but We Don't Need You Anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Iraqi PM to U.S.: Thanks, but We Don't Need You Anymore

www.foxnews.com

BAGHDAD — Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ruled out the presence of any U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of 2011, saying his new government and the country's security forces were capable of confronting any remaining threats to Iraq's security, sovereignty and unity.

Mr. Maliki spoke with The Wall Street Journal in a two-hour interview, his first since Iraq ended nine months of stalemate and seated a new government after an inconclusive election, allowing Mr. Maliki to begin a second term as premier.

A majority of Iraqis—and some Iraqi and U.S. officials—have assumed the U.S. troo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Great, Lets get the hell out of there ASAP. Now the politicians won't be able to use the excuse of We are here at their request...

It is time to go. We have done what we can---no what we should have done. Now, it is excessive and wasteful. Lets see if Obama keeps the word to get out, starting in 2011---just days away...

I say he doesn't. And that will tell me we are there for a much bigger reason-than oil and/or peace.

I think we need to re-group and re-focus where we are going to battle the terriost next.

And, hats off to the government for having the balls to say it is time for the US lead forces to leave.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

So far Obama is doing just as well as John McCain would have done in pulling out the troops from Iraq and putting them other places except of course the USA. Yet they love Obama and hate John McCain. What a mystery.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

It is time to go. We have done what we can---no what we should have done. Now, it is excessive and wasteful. Lets see if Obama keeps the word to get out, starting in 2011---just days away...

I say he doesn't. And that will tell me we are there for a much bigger reason-than oil and/or peace.

I agree and the reason we are in Iraq and will remain in Iraq is because Israel and the Vatican want's us in Iraq.
Who pulls the strings in global affairs? Not the US! The US and the taxpayers just finance the mechanization of others.

edit on 28-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

And, hats off to the government for having the balls to say it is time for the US lead forces to leave.

I agree that it is time for the US to go; however, Al-Maliki needs to get his arse in gear, and set up a legitimate Iraqi cabinet to ensure "its stability."

I just recently read that many important seats are still open; yet Al-Maliki is not only serving as the Prime Minister, but also as the acting minister of defence, interior and national security "until appropriate candidates are found"....

Furthermore Iraqi women are protesting their discontent with the cabinet appointments,to the tune of the UN and the Arab League, because, as of yet, only one female has been appointed to a cabinet post of "women affairs"....

So, yes the US should definitely GET OUT, but stability is needed so we don't have to go back there anytime soon.

edit on 28-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We conquered it so were keeping it. "We" being the US. Not that I am at all related with, sympathetic to, or supportive of the US government. If the US citizens were moral they would be in the streets protesting the government genocides and conquests. Sadly, the manufacturing of consent has been so successful that the average American is unable, and unwilling to step back and look around. Those in the conquered and repressed third world are reliant on the citizens of first world countries to influence their governments. Without action by us these wars will continue. The worst part of it is that if you pay taxes in the US you buy the weapons to prosecute these wars. It is a tough pill to swallow that you are in short putting a gun in a childs mouth by being silent to wars of aggression.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Thats because the present Govt are Shi'ites and after the US & Coalition Forces pull out there will be a civil war between the Shi'ites and Sunnis.

The USA got what they needed by looting the museum of ancient artifacts and over 21 billion USD of which most of it can't be accounted for, thousands of innocent people dead including loss of life among our forces....

yep....time to pull out, don't wait until 2011, do it now.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan to me!

If the Iraqi government feels that they can handle their own business more power to them! I hope it works out for the people.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If it were a war for oil, why are gas prices over 3 bucks a gallon?

Never mind, rhetorical question. . . . . . .

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well it says at the END of 2011 so that is one more year not a couple days away..

Which one more year and a total of 11 years seems plenty of enough time to me..

Iraq should of had their Shi'ite (pun intended) together 5 years ago.

Take them out of Iraq in a year, put them all in Afghanistan and get that over with within 2 years...
edit on 28-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The Iraqis are pumping more oil then ever now. I don't think the US can leave. What if Iraq wants to bargain their oil in something other then the dollar?

I bet that if the US pool out now. Within a year the US would have to invade Iraq all over again. Because the Iraqis will do what they intended to do before the invasion. Trade oil in something other then the Dollar.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Your Kidding right? The U.S. is NEVER leaving Iraq. Get over it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The embassy is still being built. Yes, our armed forces patrolling the streets may become less visible for political reasons,but leave? Ain't never gonna happen.

IMO.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It had to happen sooner or later. Iraq was never intended to be the 51rst state. Now the Iraqis themselves can get on with the business of running their own country. They have negotiated numerous international oil deals and have a positive cash flow and a large fiscal surplus. Now we'll see if the Iraqis themselves can create a strong enough Government to thwart Iranian and Saudi influence and keep the Sectarian [Sunni-Shiite] violence from ripping it apart.

WE the US were responsible to propping up Saddam, we took him out at a fairly high price. Combat units were drawing down over the past year or so. Soon there will be a minimum force in place. I doubt Iraq will be a future threat to Iran or Kuwait. They have too much rebuilding to do on their hands.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If it were a war for oil, why are gas prices over 3 bucks a gallon?

Never mind, rhetorical question. . . . . . .

may I answer your question anyway?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

ah, but you forget the Ba'ath party...

2nd line...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I am a member of the Bath Party.... my wife and I ...Not sure though. What do you think?

The founding fathers meeting.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a571bdd374d4.jpg[/atsimg]

The most recent new members:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02a808a0a9f4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Iraqi PM is apparently delusional. The U.S. has no plans to ever truly leave Iraq and never did. I'm a bit surprised at his naivety. He's a "head of state". (even be it a puppet one) He should know better.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
U.S. embassy in Iraq the largest of any where in the world.

WASHINGTON - The new U.S. Embassy in Baghdad will be the world's largest and most expensive foreign mission, though it may not be large enough or secure enough to cope with the chaos in Iraq.

The Bush administration designed the 104-acre compound — set to open in September in what today is a war zone — to be an ultra-secure enclave. Yet it also hoped that downtown Baghdad would cease being a battleground when diplomats moved in.

Over the long term, depending on which way the seesaw of sectarian division and grinding warfare teeters, the massive city-within-a-city could prove too enormous for the job of managing diminished U.S. interests in Iraq.

The $592 million embassy occupies a chunk of prime real estate two-thirds the size of Washington's National Mall, with desk space for about 1,000 people behind high, blast-resistant walls. The compound is a symbol both of how much the United States has invested in Iraq and how the circumstances of its involvement are changing.
www.cynical-c.com...

IMHO: We have moved our chess pieces on the board at the cost of many lives for the bloodiest 3d game in history( worldwide resource wars). We are not stealing them but We are not going to let anybody get their hands on those limited resources. Apparently It's our only strategy for peak oil (scrap over the last drops)
edit on 28-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Huh? Great! *jumping up&down in joy*
Now the only thing I want to hear is the sound of imploding air when we get the hell out of that quagmire faster than a fart dissipates in a storm.

pfff..who an I kidding. As long as there is Iraqi oil and we still need that for our gas-guzzlers and plastics, we will be stuck there for eternity.

At this moment Rapture and Armageddon would be a welcome diversion...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join