It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cylindrical UFO filmed in daylight over England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The search feature isn't working so I don't know if this has been posted already.

Somerset UK is it? Why is there a second person removed narrating this? Is this from a documentary? It says it's from yesterday so....little confused but...

I really like these cigar shaped objects due to the likelihood of not being easily replicated. I don't know of too many oblong balloons and it would be a difficult shape to create a lantern from so I'd say we have a genuine 'I don't know' UFO.

Anyone else notice these white streak-things?
What are they? Are these lens flares?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It does look weird thats true .. This one will be hard to explain with the standard Chinese lantern theory .. It might be explained as some kind of balloon , but to be honest it does not look like one to me . I will sit back and let out resident image annalists take a bite at the footage .

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Howdy, that there is a solar balloon, made out of black plastic, like the big black rubbish bags you can buy.

Works just like a hot air balloon except the sun does the heating.

Aaaaand a repost:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i think one possibility could be a reflection in the lense from those telegraph polls on the street, onc again not the best cramra work or camra , me thinks.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah, it's jsut a solar balloon.

There is a picture of one here at this link:

www.grand-illusions.com...

They look like a lot of fun, and a good science project for kids. I have heard that a local boy scout troop is using them for some sort of aeronautical badge experience.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What took you so long Chad?

Okay. That's fine and fair enough (although I won't research that out so I believe ya for now)
What is also very true is, cigar shaped UFOs have been around since we've been reporting UFOs in our skies.
Here is one example of a cigar shaped UFO from the 1800's.
(I am pretty sure Walmart wasn't selling these balloons back then.
)

The above photo's date is controversial. It was either shot in 1870, 1880 or 1896, depending on the source. Supposedly this was taken in New Hampshire looking at Mt. Washington. The classic cigar shape UFO, that was seen in the USA in the last years of the 1800's.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I come from Wiltshire about 40 miles from this video. I have ofter heard stories about Cigar Shaped airbourne objects and even seen one myself. They are horizontal and stationary. usually with a red or orange light at one end.

Then they just disappear ! I agree that the Solar Tubes could be a good explaination - however around here in the South West of England these craft type things happen regulary, and they are not Ballons.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by linkshot1000

Thank you for posting that. I will admit, I want so badly for one of these videos/photos to be un-de-bunkable so I do tend to be a little defensive especially when we have smarty-pants chiming in with complete assurance (when that is totally impossible from our prospective)

So I am glad you stopped by and posted what you did.

Would you happen to know if anyone around there has posted their photos/videos on the Internet for a quick comparison?

Thanks

edit on 27-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I would have to guess at it being a solar balloon too, i bought the kids one last year and looks the same as that when its up.

Thanks for posting the vid though, it doesn't mean to say it definately is a solar balloon.

CX.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That's not a cylindrical UFO. That is a folding ruler laying in the snow. That is also not the original image. That is a highly-cropped image. Here's the original:

Link to original image.

Further, there was no UFO reported on the expedition that this image was taken on. You can read about the expedition in this book here, and you can read more in this ATS post here.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I totally fail to see what you posted, hover. It floats, soars and bounces the sky like a balloon.

May I ask also, what is the purpose of these solar balloons? Fun? Or is there a technical aspect?

What really needs to be done is find out the wind speed on that day in that city.

Every UFO is being dubbed a balloon-lantern these days and although I see that that is quite possible (given the pranksters running around with nothing else better to do and with money just burning up in their pockets and video camera in hand) I think we are not remembering UFOs have been around for centuries. Especially these weird cigar-shaped ones.

So let's not jump on the balloon-band wagon just yet. This is very reminiscent of the quick, carte blanche swamp gas explanations of the 60's and in retrospect, we see now, how ridiculous that was.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I´m sorry I based in Berlin now and don´t have too much contact with people back home. Google "Weird Wiltshire" and that will give you something to go on.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I can't argue something I know nothing about.
Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
It says it's from yesterday so....little confused but...

A few pointers are there to confirm it is not from yesterday. It's filmed at a holiday resort (note the caravans). The trees are green which is a further seasonal clue. The people are wearing shorts which indicates summer time. It's also copyright 2009. So, very not yesterday.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Correct ! this video was in a Holiday Caravan site in the South/Southwest of Somerset, I believe in 2008. The video is taken in August somewhen as I have seen the original that cant be played anymore for some reason.

The cylinder shape in the OP resembles something Cigar shaped and gains and loses altittude and an incredible rate without moving from side to side.

If a weather ballon or solar tube does that then it could well be one.

CX

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

May I ask also, what is the purpose of these solar balloons? Fun? Or is there a technical aspect?

I think they are purely for fun HA, thats what we bought ours for.

Well they aren't exactly a blast, but the kids enjoy seeing something up to 50ft inflate and float up into the sky.

CX.
edit on 27/12/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join