It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas family time :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So I think many ya'll can relate to what the old worm went through yesterday on Jesus's birthday, Christmas.

Did you go to yer familys' house and get stuck with a buncha freaks who did nothing but judge you?--I did.

I went to my roommate Rods' family with him yester day-- it was just me, him and his stupid parents.

Those two never liked me, ya see. They always look down their long peaks at me like I'm some kinda loser (dont' they know me and their son been best buds for over 10 years??

We had this big dinner that his Moms' maid cooked. During supper his mom called me a "Good time Charlie' (whatever that means). All his old man wants to talk about is business (Rod is a banker and is Dad is a insurance man-- big deal
Everybuddy pretty much ignores the old WORM.

I stuffed my self with their food and plenty of the bourbon they had. I know a good thing when I sees it.

Does anybuddy else have a-hole in-laws that treat them like dirt??
I hope not.

Ronnie
edit on 26-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Mood: TOUGH GUY

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Mood: TOUGH GUY

??
What do ya say that we stay on topic, ok
??

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

edit on 26-12-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Thanks for your reply.

But listen, guy, you gots no idea what this good old boy has to put up with when visiting these 2 snoots.
They dont' like that I shoot guns or have a pet turkey. Theyre' ashamed that their precious son lives in a trailer with me-- so what? I appreciate having somewhere to go on the holiday but I dont' appreciate being looked down on just cause I'm a hillbilly and dont' give a darn about impressin people like they do.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

Point taken

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Used to have this but moved myself and family away from all that crap, a long way - well as long away as you can get on this island. Sorry to hear you had it tough buddy, but rise above it thank the dear lord you are not like that. Least you got a meal and some juice out of it.

Sometimes we find ourselves in situations we are not comfortable with, goes without saying we have to take the bad with the good. Tell yourself you graced them with your presence yesterday and do not dwell on it.

Happy holidays man

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Thanks for your reply StarTraveller

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Anytime Papa Smurf

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Inch, ole' pal...

I gotta tell ya, I remember my ex wife and her family... Boy oh boy did they dislike me. Their daughter was the baby of the bunch and I ended up playing the role of the bad man who came along and corrupted their daughters purity. At "family" functions? Well a leper would have been more accepted. It was horrible.

But, I endured all of it because my ex mattered to me more than her idiot families opinions. I knew she needed to be involved with her family, so I swallowed my pride and put up with it.

So, Ronnie, my friend, if your special friendship with Rod matters to you, you'll do the same. You'll take it all in, suck it up, and swallow hard for Rods benefit!

edit on 12/26/10 by Hefficide because: typo and rephrase

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for your reply

Problem is I'm always swallowing for Rod (the guy can use me like an old sock sometimes, making up lies and being abusive) and when I gotta see his family his old man expects me on my knees beggin for mercy
His mom is a old bag and dont' know nothin about nothin (all she talks about is when Rod is gonna get married-- he aint' found the right lady yet, obviously

But I guess youre' right, pal. Rod is worth it (best bud o mine) and I would do anything for the weiner.

Your best internet buddy,
Ronnie
edit on 26-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Inch you just gotta ignore those in-laws...

Just a question, how are they your "in-laws" if you and Rod are just friends?

Anyway, ignore them. If you and Rod are happy then who cares what they think. If they have their opinions of you already you won't be able to change it. Just suck it up and down that bourbon!

I never had a bad experience with parents of my significant others, they always seemed to like me

Don't let that ruin your time!!

Did you have a good time besides the old in-laws?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Just a question, how are they your "in-laws" if you and Rod are just friends?

Oh, thats' just a term we use-- its' the closest thing I gots to in-laws, ya see. (when I was married TO A WOMAN once her parents seemed to like the old WORM

Ronnie

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Why did you agree to go if you know what they are like?
Why would you let someone (like Rod) coerce you into doing something you knew you would't like?
Why do you tollerate Rod treating you like an "old sock"?

Where is your self confidence? You've decided to live the way you do. It's time to stop worrying about what others think -- including your buddy. I'd rather be alone than with people I can't stand. Funny thing is, that once you just be yourself, you start attracting people who like you just the way you are.

Good luck to ya.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Thanks for your reply and good advice, wayno

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I would do anything for the weiner

Ronnie I don't think you could have summed it up any better.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

So, Ronnie, my friend, if your special friendship with Rod matters to you, you'll do the same. You'll take it all in, suck it up, and swallow hard for Rods benefit!

edit on 12/26/10 by Hefficide because: typo and rephrase

Be careful when you swallow, it might be too much for you to handle.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I would do anything for the weiner

Ronnie I don't think you could have summed it up any better.

Real funny wise apple

new topics

top topics

join