It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Videos in Melbourne, Victoria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
www.youtube.com.../u/8/GnFOzEj6pCE

Interesting, I did think maybe sattelites but not too sure?

This was a few days ago, havent seen any videos from these yet.

These are some the videos on this Youtube channel.

edit on 26-12-2010 by DC449 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Your link didn't work for me. (Only gives the user's page.) Best is to embed, which you do by getting the clip onto its own page and then pasting the last part of the clip's URL within the "youtube" dropdown from your posting menu. Here you go:

My opinion? The objects are simply too high/indistinct to give much of an opinion about them. UFOs? Techincally, yes. They're flying and they're not identified. But beyond that, it's hard to say.

BTW you might want to change your title. It's not a "UFO Channel", but a "UFO Video".

Mike

edit on 26/12/10 by JustMike because: suggestion

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DC449

There has been alot of UFO sightings of late over Australia and I have seen 4 myself over Sydney.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DC449

Great video, I saw exactly the same thing twice on two seperate occassions one sunday afternoon in the summer,

I'm in the Northwest of England (UK), I mentioned it to my friend who thought I was crackers! I guess some of us have a more developed open mind that we are not alone and whoever seeded us here generations agon is coming back,

One can only hope they are friendly, and don't seed lots of planets to sustain themselves as they traval universally ;-/

Habe a great new year

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
First one was a weather balloon and second and third were satellites.
I do believe in ufo's...... i also believe in weather balloons and satellites too though.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I have no clue as to what the lights are in the sky. I am no expert on the subject by any means.
Its always cool to see new videos pop up for UFO sightings, but videos taken from such a distance are very hard to explain.

You cant say its an extraterrestrial craft, because you see nothing more than a spec of light in the sky. However you also cant say that it was anything else, because it is still just a spec of light in the sky.
We have all seen lights or objects in the sky that we cant identify, because our eyes just aren't that powerful.

So, cool videos. I'm going to say that unless the guy who uploaded has any more detailed videos to show, these will remain Unidentified Flying Objects. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by exo87
First one was a weather balloon and second and third were satellites.
I do believe in ufo's...... i also believe in weather balloons and satellites too though.

Your weather balloons right ? , no, they are American stealth fighters right ? , no there fireballs right ?,

What ever they are, they sure are not from the viewers nation or anyone remotely associated with anyone.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DC449

Satellites travel at incredible speeds (something like 300-500 per MINUTE) so unless this 'satellite' was stopped to get gas then, I think it's safe to rule that out as a possible explanation.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The orbital velocity of the satellite depends on its altitude above Earth. The nearer Earth, the faster the required orbital velocity. At an altitude of 124 miles (200 kilometers), the required orbital velocity is just over 17,000 mph (about 27,400 kph). To maintain an orbit that is 22,223 miles (35,786 km) above Earth, the satellite must orbit at a speed of about 7,000 mph (11,300 kph). That orbital speed and distance permits the satellite to make one revolution in 24 hours. Since Earth also rotates once in 24 hours, a satellite at 22,223 miles altitude stays in a fixed position relative to a point on Earth's surface. Because the satellite stays right over the same spot all the time, this kind of orbit is called "geostationary." Geostationary orbits are ideal for weather satellites and communications satellites.

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Errrrrmmmmm........

Satellites travel at incredible speeds (something like 300-500 per MINUTE...

Dropped your units, there...so not sure if you intended "miles", "meters" or "kilometers"?

If it was "miles", then upper speed of 500 per is 30,000 MPH...and escape velocity from Earth's orbit is only about 25,000 MPH. Or, about 40,000 KPH. Of course, can't be "meters", since 500 Meters/Minute is only about 30 KPH....

Let me see if I can dust off an very instructional video about orbital mechanics, could help in this thread.

Others may use some sort of astronomical tracking programs, as well...to identify all man-made satelites, by location and date and time. (guess I need to bite the bullet, and download one? Looking for a free, and easy, one first. NO SYSTEM HANGS!!)

top topics

join