It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler's Christmas party: Rare photographs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hitler's Christmas party: Rare photographs...

www .dailymail.co.uk

A less festive bunch it’s hard to imagine.

This is Hitler and his henchmen celebrating Christmas in 1941 – not that you’d know it from their glum expressions.

These probably had something to do with the recent dispiriting failure of Nazi attempts to seize Moscow and take control of Russia.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/ex news](visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.life.com

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thought this was an interesting little article, and decided to post it since it is timely.

The article itself only shows three of the pictures. The second link from Life's website shows seven. Just imagine a swastika atop your tree. Nazi regime ornaments, and biscuits and cake in the shape of the aforementioned swastika. Kind of puts one in a festive mood doesn't it?

All kidding aside. It seems most of the folks who attended still called it Christmas according to the article.

Merry Christmas, Happy holidays, and may the new year bring health, wealth, and well being to all at ATS.

www .dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-12-2010 by Klassified because: Correction

edit on 24-12-2010 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Those buddies is having a good old Christmas time just like anybuddy else.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Brainwashing is a scary thing. These guys don't look any different than anyone. It's hard to believe that less than a hundred years ago, people were BRAINWASHED into mass execution.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

Looking at the pics, I was wondering if they had too good a time, if they would be shot the next day.
And Hitler looks like he'd rather be someplace else.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
How very interesting.

I am Jewish, yet I am fascinated by Hitler, and sometimes even feel kind of sorry for him. Some believe he may have been part Jew too.

Something went horribly wrong in this man. I would've let him into art school - his stuff was not bad.

Just a stray bit of trivia - I am a blue eyed blonde - I *look* like Hitler's "perfect Aryan". Go figure. Better looking than Eva Braun also. Maybe if I had been there - I could've changed his mind.......

I think, when we study Hitler - we must look beyond the surface and think of what failings in life, war, and imprisonment can do to a person.

In my opinion, he was mentally ill, which was exacerbated by his hard life and drug usage. And because of that, I try to have compassion for the man.

Imagine also - what he might have done and what the world would be today - if he HAD been admitted to art school.....

Let us take a lesson too - to not become megalomaniacal and make a scapegoat out of a group of people - just because we, or our people, or our country, are having problems.

I hope you are at peace now Adolph, I do not hate you. I feel badly for you and try to understand.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Here is a good shot of that party.
kuvaton.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
LOL, that one is actually pretty funny.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Did you ever wonder if everything you know about hitler is a lie? Besides the mass executions.
First he was a very religious man. Second,he did not go crazy over art school,he was jailed for reasons unknown.
This made him furious with a wrath,He decided to change society because germany was falling,and noone was taking action. Now look at a present day figure,jullian assange. You may have already been fed a lie about him,maybe he didnt rape those women,and maybe hitler never worshiped devils while inventing space craft,because after all in his book he states he is religious.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My utter contempt for the Daily Mail grows every time I am unfortunate enough to read an article from it. How they have managed to squeeze so much nonsense into so few words is unbelievable

Hitler believed religion had no place in his 1,000-year Reich, so he replaced the Christian figure of Saint Nicholas with the Norse god Odin and urged Germans to celebrate the season as a holiday of the ‘winter solstice’, rather than Christmas.

No place for religion, so he included two gods instead of one
No place for the "traditions of Christmas" so he made it into a pagan "winter solstice"
Sounds pretty traditional to me

Then we have the ultimate piece of nonsense

But while many Germans baked biscuits and cakes in the shape of swastikas and adorned their trees with the symbols of the Nazi regime, most still called the festival Christmas.

Did they really? they used an English word to describe it? are you sure they didn't call it weihnachten.

The photos are interesting but the journalism is shocking
edit on 27-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I thought Christmas was about "Peace on Earth and goodwill towards man"?

Isn't that like ummm............... the antithesis of Adolf Hitler?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

No place for religion, so he included two gods instead of one No place for the "traditions of Christmas" so he made it into a pagan "winter solstice" Sounds pretty traditional to me

I see you noticed that too. Good post. Thanks for the addition.

top topics

join