It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Businesses Created Thousands of Jobs Outside the U.S. in 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

'American' companies are more transnational than ever, and recent figures show they now do more of their business outside of United States. Under our current stock market system, CEOs have to worry about how to generate profits in the next quarter, not how to create jobs at home.

Link:www.economyincrisis.org

Author:Sam Williford

The shell-game in Washington continues. While politicians talk tough about creating more jobs,the corporations grease the political wheels in their favor and continue to their exodus to cheaper,less-regulated countries seeking more and cheaper resources in order to pad their wallets.

Other countries like Japan,which rely on export-driven economies, were able to,before they crashed, at least create a system that still generated large profits and rewarded its workers handsomely.

The article points out something quite staggering. Workers(mostly researchers and designers) at Apple only get about $11 out of the $129 cost of the iPhone. The rest? You guessed it, it goes to other companies overseas which supply parts and build them. The Chinese workers get the worst end of the deal- a paltry $6. Think about that. And, while you're at it,be sure to read more about Apple at my other related thread here:

iPhone Adds Billions to the Trade Deficit With China

As long as policies and overall conditions in America make it unsavory to set up shop there in terms of wages,benefits,regulations,taxes,production cost and paperwork,the transfer of wealth to other countries will continue and likely to increase in the foreseeable future.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

What's even sadder is the fact that 139,000 new jobs were supposed to have been created last month here in the U.S.A.

But only 39,000 jobs were created, seems like we fell way short (100,000) of the goal the Gov. said we were gonna hit...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Yes, and apparently they can't seem to come to a consensus on how to accurately measure actual job creation or unemployment figures. They seem to be intentionally confusing the issue and fudging the numbers to keep people off-balance. It would be interesting to know what the 'real' UE rates are.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingJadeDragon
reply to post by baddmove

Yes, and apparently they can't seem to come to a consensus on how to accurately measure actual job creation or unemployment figures. They seem to be intentionally confusing the issue and fudging the numbers to keep people off-balance. It would be interesting to know what the 'real' UE rates are.

I would guess somewhere between 17 % and 22%.
But what do I know?
Only what I see, that's all.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Pilgrims did net set sail on the Mayflower because they all heard that there were jobs in the New World. The Wild West was not won because Americans heard there were plenty of jobs out West. As long as the vast majority of the American public sits back wondering where the jobs are going to come from, then they will continue to sit back and wonder where the jobs are going to come from. When people begin creating their own businesses, those that succeed will create new jobs.

This is not to argue that everyone should start their own business, but I am arguing that until brave people dare to stand up and confront the tyranny of a closed system that imposes a need for incorporation and credentialism, and refuse to acquiesce to such a closed system, that Americans will continue to sit back and wonder where the jobs are going to come from.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

I honestly wish that someone would make the out-sourcing of jobs illegal. IMO I have always considered taking the means of production of a Country, the backbone of that Country's economy, and sending that production over seas nothing short of economic treason. Aside from increasing profits the only other reason as to why you would out-source jobs is to purposefully destabilize an economy.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I would guess somewhere between 17 % and 22%. But what do I know?

We all know the US government changed how it does its record keeping so as to lie to the public. Here are the more reasonable figures:

The Bureau of Labor Statistics headline number counts as unemployed only people who have actively looked for a job in the previous four weeks...

Raghavan Mayur, president at TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, follows unemployment data closely. So, when his survey for May revealed that 28% of the 1,000-odd households surveyed reported that at least one member was looking for a full-time job, he was flummoxed.

"Our numbers are always very accurate, so I was surprised at the discrepancy with the government's numbers," says Mayur,....

That translates to an unemployment rate of over 22%, says Mayur, who has started questioning the accuracy of the Labor Department's jobless numbers....

In fact, Austan Goolsbee, who is now part of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, wrote in a 2003 New York Times piece titled "The Unemployment Myth," that the government had "cooked the books" by not correctly counting all the people it should, thereby keeping the unemployment rate artificially low....

John Williams, founder of Shadow Government Statistics, says when accounting for the long-term unemployed, the jobless rate runs up to as much as 22% currently. Williams's newsletter, which analyzes flaws in government economic data, points out that such a rate isn't that far from the 25% it hit during the Great Depression.
DailyFinance: srph.it...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think we are being setup - and its a setup that has been in the making for 20-30 years at least. I just did a long drive through the southeast United States and I would guess that 95% of the small towns and cities that I drove through will collapse and be unable to sustain themselves should the Walmart/Target/McDonalds/Burger King and the like corporations have any economic hardship. There is practically no farming and no industry left. I was sort of amazed that the people living there had any money to spend on those businesses but one thing is for sure - that part of the country is not keeping its wealth. The money that goes in quickly leaves the area and heads to the multi-national corporations and overseas. I think we'll soon find the country was defeated without a shot ever having been fired (well it is the US so a lot of shots will be fired but it won't collapse due to defeat in war - it'll collapse because a whole generation of people were raised to accept that America did not need industry.

top topics

join