It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles + FGM-148 Javelins + XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers = unstoppable or

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Do you know if a squad are armed with both Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles, FGM-148 Javelin, and XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers, they can be unstoppable as XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers will forces the enemies to leaves their covers only to be sniped by Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles and FGM-148 Javelin will makes short work of their armored vehicles if they calls Armored Vehicles to aids them, so when Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles, FGM-148 Javelin, and XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers combined together, they can be unstoppable, that's why they are most favorite US infantry weapons.
edit on 23/12/2010 by masonicon because: Better Thread Title

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

standard military tactics still cant cope with guerilla warfare.

all the smart weapons in the world cant shoot a man they cant see, or identify.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu

standard military tactics still cant cope with guerilla warfare.

all the smart weapons in the world cant shoot a man they cant see, or identify.

But the XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers are have designed to be cope with Guerrila Warfare better than previous weapons
edit on 23/12/2010 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Im purdy sure the Germans thought the same when they entered Stalingrad "unstoppable"

Powerful weapons yes but unstoppable no. Each one has its down side, the Javelin exposes to much of the operators body stand out like a sore thumb ring a bell. The XM-25 is just the same as a shouldered rifle if your shooting down range and a combatant pops at your 7 you will have to adjust fire taking time to acquire the new target and pausing your rate of fire which can give a combatant an opportunity to get a good shot in.
Barret m107 is a powerful weapon but if a combatant sniper has already acquired high ground he can render a sniper team combat ineffective.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
Im purdy sure the Germans thought the same when they entered Stalingrad "unstoppable"

Powerful weapons yes but unstoppable no. Each one has its down side, the Javelin exposes to much of the operators body stand out like a sore thumb ring a bell. The XM-25 is just the same as a shouldered rifle if your shooting down range and a combatant pops at your 7 you will have to adjust fire taking time to acquire the new target and pausing your rate of fire which can give a combatant an opportunity to get a good shot in.
Barret m107 is a powerful weapon but if a combatant sniper has already acquired high ground he can render a sniper team combat ineffective.

Why?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

Why?

Why what?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Why?

Why what?

I think Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles, FGM-148 Javelin, and XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers are the most overhyped infantry weapons of USA?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Why?

Why what?

I think Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles, FGM-148 Javelin, and XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers are the most overhyped infantry weapons of USA?

Extremely expensive. New and unreliable compared to proven weaponry. Heavy to carry around, especially the ammo. Good trophies for the enemy.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Im not sure about the XM-25 been out for a few years, Have shot a barrett 95 not in theater though big and cumbersome I was a Javelin operator for a long time.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
All of those seem like great weapons but they need to be used the right way.

This isn't like Call of Duty where you got a guy walking around with a sniper rifle, a guy walking around with a grenade launcher, and a guy with a rocket launcher... but I do think that one man being issued a XM25 in the squad can help. Similar to how the M203 or SAW is currently issued to a member of the fireteam for support.

Alot of people seem to think that the XM25 is going to replace the M16/M4 and that'll never happen. But replacing the traditional Vietnam-era grenade launcher we use now with the XM25, I think that's a possibility. Of course it will take time to field new equipment assuming all testing goes 100% well, but I see the XM25 as a progression of the need to launch explosives for semi-long distances against infantry, like the M7, M79,and M203. It's cool that the technology has lasted this long but there's no reason to not take advantage of new technologies that's emerged since then.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think the reason XM-25 is the OICW Weapons that isn't cancelled is this is the most overhyped weapons ever and you know when Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles, FGM-148 Javelins, XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers are combined with #ty M4A1 Carbine and M249, this can be a easily formula for the Redshirt Army

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

They may be state of the art in tech, and may very well be neaxt to "unstoppable", that is until they need to reload. Technological advances can and always will be countered by the "uneducated" and most tech-challenged individuals. This has been proven since the dawn of time, again and again. A determined "foe" will nearly always prevail. That's kinda why Afganistan is known as the "graveyard of empires".

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob1971

They may be state of the art in tech, and may very well be neaxt to "unstoppable", that is until they need to reload. Technological advances can and always will be countered by the "uneducated" and most tech-challenged individuals. This has been proven since the dawn of time, again and again. A determined "foe" will nearly always prevail. That's kinda why Afganistan is known as the "graveyard of empires".

Do you know! Barret M107 .50cal Sniper Rifles, FGM-148 Javelin, and XM-25 Smart Grenade Launchers are more than likely combined with M4A1 and M249

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

That would be the reasoning behind these:

Mind's Eye

Combat Zones That See

Boomerang

Integrated Sensor is Structure

Things are changing, they are always changing.

reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You say that about everything that is American, despite not knowing anything about these technologies. The very internet you use to make these comments was conceived by the same people who make this stuff.

The XM-25 wasn't designed as a primary weapon.
edit on 24-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
You say that about everything that is American, despite not knowing anything about these technologies. The very internet you use to make these comments was conceived by the same people who make this stuff.

The XM-25 wasn't designed as a primary weapon.
edit on 24-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

I know more than I need to know.

And I'll repeat it: these weapons are large, heavy, expensive and need specialized training. Not any regular GI carries these things around.

top topics

join