It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIAA, MPAA recruit MasterCard to help them police the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is not good. When companies start deciding where I can spend my money, that just leads to more control. I really hope Mastercard starts to lose some cardholders over this one. I can see us becoming like all the old cyperpunk books I used to love. Controlled by corporations not governments.

I did not see anything when I searched for this. If it has been posted sorry.

www.myce.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

We already are controlled by the Corporations. Government has become nothing more than a puppet for the Corporatocracy.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
hmm Used to be that RICO type protections prevented or at least regulated these sorts of things... now they would appear to be endorsed. Not too long now before places are cut off because they are a "threat" to the status quo.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
do you have the fly bys and frequent flyer and other rewards type things you belong to when you spend money on your card?

guess what - the tax department looks at those to see how much income in under reported so they can pass laws to catch more of the unreported income to tax it or choose to keep interest rates higher and for longer so more people lose their houses

also if you are audited - guess what - your frequent flyer account is going to tell the tax department a good story wont it?

guess what? I dont belong to any of those things lol and prefer to pay cash instead

new topics

top topics

join