It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a mini ice age coming, says man who beats weather experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

www.datelinezero.com

Piers Corbyn not only predicted the current weather, but he believes things are going to get much worse. He says there’s a mini ice age coming.

Corbyn believes that the last three winters could be the harbinger of a mini ice age that could be upon us by 2035, and that it could start to be colder than at any time in the last 200 years. He goes on to speculate that a genuine ice age might then settle in, since an ice age is now cyclically overdue.

Britain is already dealing with ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.smh.com.au[/u rl]
[url=http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100069119/panic-and-fear-close-their-icy-tentacles-round-the-doomed-met-office/]blogs.telegra ph.co.uk

www.weatheraction.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
There's a Mini Ice-Age Coming, Meteorologist Piers Corbyn Predicts

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Note: I noted in the "related threads" that there's a post focusing specifically on the mini-ice age prediction made by Piers Corbyn. Also, I posted a link to his Weather Action website in the "additional news links" section.

The Dateline Zero article goes into how this guy is predicting colder seasonal trends, leading into his predicted ice age; and how/why the tax-funded Met Office is (wrongly) predicting warmer trends, supporting the man-made global warming baloney.

The government-funded British Met Office (meteorological office) has been wrongly predicting "mild winters" and hot summers. Why?

The Chairman of the Met Office board, Robert Napier, is or has been:

Chairman of the Green Fiscal Trust
Chairman of the trustees of the World Centre of Monitoring of Conservation
a director of the Carbon Disclosure Project
a director of the Carbon Group
Chief executive of the World Wildlife Fund UK
a member of the Green Alliance

Hmmm ... So while Corbyn considers the sun while making his (usually correct) seasonal predictions; the Met Office is considering a non-existent man-made global warming while making their (usually incorrect) seasonal predictions.

Too bad for the British tax-payers, the government recently footed the bill for 90% of the Met Office’s £30 million computer.

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It will be a very cold winter, that's for sure (based on a "NAO negative" situation).

There is a ocean circulation cycle that is taking us back to cold winters, that occurred often in the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. This will peak within the next two decades. Its a natural predictable cycle (pacific oscillation).

Whether human pollution will worsen this, or cancel this cold, is unknown.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here we go again.

It's just winter, fools. Get used to it. I deal with winter every single year.

Most people are just wimps and can't handle the cold.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I completely doubt that our negligible emissions will throw the breaks on an ice age, or, for that matter, the natural course of any weather on earth.

We like to think we have that much influence, but our planet is so massive and organic that it doesn't even recognize our presence on it.

We're just along for the ride. And, unfortunately, profit is being prioritized over preparation.

Oh well, at least the massively rich will be warm in their mansions while we huddle around flaming garbage cans filled with Ipods
edit on 22-12-2010 by SPACEYstranger because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
We're just along for the ride. And, unfortunately, profit is being prioritized over preparation.
/editby]

We are merely Flies on a cows arse to be honest. I remember being on call during the 2008 weather event here in the Uk and for weeks afterwards all you could hear was so called experts saying this is a 'freak' of nature and a one in 30 year storm. Strangely enough they said the same last year when it got worse and lmao I hear it again now with the cold weather we have here at the moment.

I truly believe there is something on the cards and more than likely something along the lines of a mini/regular ice age. Time will tell, unlike the met office or those that actually know whats going on.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Heh

I do see that here in my home state of Michigan. "Oh no it's cold." My response is like yours: #1 It is winter. #2 It's freaking Michigan. However, most of the freaking out tends to be people from outside of Michigan, experiencing ice and snow for the first time.

Far more native Michiganders can be heard complaining about the heat in the summer time; which is thankfully only a few months of the year.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

I posted this EXACT thread yesterday - Corbyn is in the title, too!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
double post

edit on 22-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Hmmm ... I fingered maybe the Met Office was simply "slanting" their conclusions to fit the "global warming" thing -- like what's suggested at the Dateline Zero link. But I hadn't considered that the Met Office knows what's *really* happening ... and thus they are covering it up.

Could be a case of profit over preparation, as you said. And that makes sense.
Could also be a case of thinking that "the people" cannot handle the truth of what's happening.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

Note: I noted in the "related threads" that there's a post focusing specifically on the mini-ice age prediction made by Piers Corbyn. Also, I posted a link to his Weather Action website in the "additional news links" section.

Actually, my thread from yesterday is about this specific prediction

Maybe you can contribute to the original thread, here.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

That's pretty funny, because you made a double-post. LOL

I acknowledged the thread at Fragile Earth in the original post, under the "Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads" section. This is a related topic, not the exact same topic, because the article I linked to is about WHY Piers Corbyn is often correct, and the Met Office is often wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

No, it's the exact same article that your blogger's analysis is based on - not a new article. The idea behind having threads of certain topics is to keep all the related information together. It would have been much more in the spirit of things to contribute to the existing thread on Corbyn's recent predictions.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
LOL, another duplicate post for a duplicate thread

edit on 22-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by StarTraveller

Hmmm ... I fingered maybe the Met Office was simply "slanting" their conclusions ...

The Met isn't "slanting." It's worse than that. They are playing the global warming game in the hopes that tax funding will keep heading their way. And the government is happy to do that so they can perpetuate something that will justify more power-grabbing.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

The standard practice is as you say, but ATS allows 1 thread in BAN and another in a related forum, like Fragile Earth. It's the only time duplicate threads are allowed.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermeat

Basically Agree with this. Something is going on, as well as the Met office looking after itself. I guess one day someone will look back and see all thats been done and lied about. Thats if anyone is left

[Man In Black]It doesn't matter, pretty soon you won't even be matter[/Man In Black]

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The image in my mind when I first read the headline was of some guy who beats up weather experts.

I thought to myself: "He's not going to have too many people listening to him if he keeps resorting to violence."

new topics

top topics

join