It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks accused of illegally looting homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Banks accused of illegally looting homes

www.msnbc.msn.com

The culprit, Ms. Ash soon learned, was not a burglar but her bank. According to a federal lawsuit filed in October by Ms. Ash, Bank of America had wrongfully foreclosed on her house and thrown out her belongings, without alerting Ms. Ash beforehand.

In an era when millions of homes have received foreclosure notices nationwide, lawsuits detailing bank break-ins like the one at Ms. Ash’s house keep surfacing.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
OMG....Just when I think my opinion of the ever-criminalistic bankster cabals can't POSSIBLY get any worse, a story like this comes along.

So now are they not only capitalizing on their endless mortgage fraud schemes, but they are actually BURGLARIZING people's homes and stealing their belongings?!?

And as we see in this case, they WRONGFULLY foreclosed on a property to begin with!

Why are these people not being held accountable????

Oh wait, we know the answer to this one....lol.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Also missing was a wooden box, its top inscribed with the words “Together Forever,” that contained the ashes of her late husband, Robert.

These criminals have to be stopped now.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hmmm they seem Curiously desperate...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This problem could easily be stopped, if the US government and State Governments weren't so blind to what is really going on.

These banks have a list of people they will not foreclose on, and on this list are most politicians, judges, lawyers, and probably media personnel. In fact I would bet that these people on the list get special privileges when it comes to loans and mortgages.

Some aren't even blind, they just either have interests in the foreclosure schemes, or know they could be outed for illegal activity by these banks.

The ones that are blind, are living comfy and having no problems, no one can say anything to these politicians about the situations, because they become inaccessible, and hide behind there "gate keepers".

This is just a theory, but when was the last time you heard of a politician, judge, lawyer, or mainstream media Rep having a problem with one of these banks?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa8163c81a08.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
People who find themselves losing their homes, and vehicles.. are often people living way beyond their capabilities or means. Large house, escalade, 4 kids... all on credit !

If the entire world lived like this, there would not be one left to live in.

I feel incredible sympathy for likely the majority of the people losing their homes, however I have to carry in the same mind... A few things...

In MANY countries around the world, children/adults have NO home, NEVER have a vehicle/tv/pc/music/movies etc.

(Keep in mind... the 1st world countries DO NOT make up the majority of the planet, and there are 3rd world living standards WITHIN the 1st world)

Who has the authority to distribute or retribute LAND ? (government, is the obvious answer) However things have changed... instead of "claiming" land or "buying" land ... and "owning it" ... now we must EARN the land we live on...continously... if we are not fairly productive citizens, we aren't able to afford to live (out you go!)...therefore moving further down the housing-chain... eventually...

Into boxes?

Overpopulation, Overconsumption... finite resources, finite real-estate.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Federal Reserve Blocks New Foreclosure Regulations
www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON -- Top policymakers at the Federal Reserve are fighting efforts to rein in widely reported bank abuses, sparking an inter-agency feud with the FDIC and the Treasury Department. The Fed, along with the more bank-friendly Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, is resisting moves to craft rules cracking down on banks that charge illegal fees and carry out improper foreclosures. The FDIC supports such rules, according to an FDIC official involved in the dispute.

The new regulations would rein in debt collection, loan modification and foreclosure proceedings at bank divisions called "mortgage servicers." Servicers have committed widespread fraud in the foreclosure process. While the recent robo-signing of fraudulent documents has received the most attention, consumer advocates have complained about improper fees and servicer mistakes that lead to foreclosure for years.

"Given that we've seen a massive failure in servicing practices and a massive failure to address servicing in an honest way, I think this is important," says Joshua Rosner, a managing director at Graham Fisher &

It APPEARS someone, somewhere, is STARTING to take notice of this carp...

I doubt anything will come of it, but, you never know...
edit on 12/22/2010 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Mortgage Bullies?: Banks Accused of Illegally Breaking Into Homes Facing Foreclosure
abcnews.go.com...

It's one of the few booming businesses in this bruised economy – companies hired by banks to change the locks and take over homes that have been foreclosed.

But in a growing number of cases, these real estate repo men are showing up before the foreclosure process is done – and sometimes, before a home is even in foreclosure.

Nancy Jacobini was alone in her Orlando home when she heard someone outside her door, trying to break in. She locked herself inside a bathroom and called 911.

"I was very scared," Jacobini said. "I didn't know who it was."

The man trying to break in was a contractor hired by Jacobini's bank,

This is from Oct. 11, 2010, but, shows just how brazen and lawless the banks have become...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Looting houses is a tough job. This is why 56% deserve a larger bonus! Geez guys, don't you get it?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If I remember right, some of these people who have had their homes looted, didn't even have a mortgage to pay on!!! just a minor opps on the part of the bank, simple little error, nothing to be concerned with, I mean, we make mistakes, now, don't we???

no, we don't make mistakes like this, not if the law is being and has been followed properly!!! but, not only are the bankers deserving of higher and higher bonuses, they should be considered immune to our laws!!! only if we allow any one group to ignore the laws we become lawless!!! someone is always in our home, and well.....if someone decides to break into it, they won't be walking out!!! they'll be lucky if they are still alive!

I should be able to feel secure in my home, I should be able to feel that my belongings are secure. I shouldn't have to worry that my cat might get locked in while I am locked out! At the moment, I think I would feel more secure renting an apartment somewhere. at least if some common theif breaks into my apartment, I know that I'll be able to press charges against them and the laws will be enforced!! But, the bankers are getting away with it all at the moment...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm a foreclosure agent for one of the government agencies. They are sooooo strict and careful about evictions. I've had assigned assets where the people have lived in the house rent free for a year. They do not evict in December. If it's vacant and there is anything in the house worth over $300 at garage sale value we post a notice saying they have 19 days to retrieve whatever they want. Locks are not changed until the house is vacant. These servicers are the cowboys.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
One of these days a foreclosure crew is going to break into the wrong home in a castle law state.

A small body count and a large lawsuit against the bank.

And the home owner will walk away a free man when they find out it was the wrong home.

top topics

join