It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Without Borders to host WikiLeaks mirror site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Reporters Without Borders to host WikiLeaks mirror site

www.pressgazette.co.uk

The press freedom charity Reporters Without Borders will tomorrow begin hosting a mirrored version of the WikiLeaks website to provide alternative access to the leaked US diplomatic cables.

Reporters Without Borders said the move was a “gesture of support” for WikiLeaks, which has suffered harassment and several attempts to close the website in recent weeks.

The web address of the new hosted site will be wikileaks.RSF.org.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
While many have written off the Wikileaks disclosure event as too unfulfilling and insignificant. I am of a mind to think that it will take more than a few dozen cables to make the determination....

So I thought some of you who still have an interest might like to see that not everyone is of the opinion that Wikileaks is "Ho hum... yawn.. boring"

“We defend the free flow of information on the internet and the protection of sources, without which investigative journalism cannot exist.”

Apparently there are folk out there naive enough to think the principle still matters.....

www.pressgazette.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It is good to see support from an organization like this for Wikileaks. I also agree with your assessment that this is a "leak" and not a torrential outpouring of info and documents. Stuff will slowly come out from Wikileaks so that there is not a flood of info at one time which could possibly bury or obscure otherwise poignant or salient news/infos. Can't wait to see what is coming down the pipe!

join