It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do conspiracy fads exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've got to say, I'm surprised by the 180 pulled on this website with Julian Assange and WikiLeaks...

Before he was arrested and before he released this latest set of cables, he was the shining light of ATS. Everybody spoke of how he was breaking down on corruption, of how he was fighting the good fight.

Now, it seems more and more ATSers are attacking Assange and WikiLeaks.

So, what is it? Is it like all things, that conspiracies are fads, and that WikiLeaks is over, or is the hate from the government finally making its way onto this site?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's more of a psychological reaction. You always want to be on the winning team, and if that means bandwagon jumping, so be it!

As for fads, totally. The x-files shirts are so 1993. These days I'm wearing my stylish "FREE ASSANGE" T-shirt, along with my new lead insulated aluminum foil hat. You gotta keep up with the trends, sir.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I agree entirely, there seems to be a lot of fads on ATS as far as conspiracies go.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Agreed. I must point out that your profile font color is soooooo 2004.

Originally posted by Happyfeet
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I agree entirely, there seems to be a lot of fads on ATS as far as conspiracies go.

edit on 21-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Or maybe the bandwagon jumping has more to do with Wikileak's actions lately being more "mainstream" and less underground which has made it lose its lustre. Pretty much, they don't portray themselves to be as genuine now as they did back in the day.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Or maybe the bandwagon jumping has more to do with Wikileak's actions lately being more "mainstream" and less underground which has made it lose its lustre. Pretty much, they don't portray themselves to be as genuine now as they did back in the day.

Sooner or later, they were going to become more well known because of their activities. Now that they're on the surface fighting, I don't see that as being they lost their values.

new topics

top topics

join