It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory we inhabit a Binary Star system?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Do you think there's a chance this has something to do with the last lunar eclipse that took place where the moon had a very red glow to it? From what I was reading online at a reliable source (I'll go look it up again if you want, I think it was either off NASA, wikipedia, or a combination of the two.. that particular lunar eclipse only happens every some 400+ years - in other words the last time it happened was back in the 1600's... before the United States even existed...

And if you stop to think about it, it's a LUNAR eclipse, not a SOLAR eclipse.. meaning an object is blocking the light from the sun's reflection off the moon; in other words, there's an object that goes in between the Earth and the moon - at least that's how I envision it, I'd have to go look it up again but I think the current belief is that the Earth falls in between the sun and the moon, blocking out the light from the sun from reflecting off of the moon - but this idea quickly becomes pretty complicated to me, mainly because of all the time zones that exist on the planet.. you'd have to sit down and figure out what time it was (at least to the point where it was either still day or night) for each location you were looking at, and comparing with each other, in order to figure out the actual answer - the other part to this equation is the idea of the entire galaxy moving around.. hmm.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Negative, Ghost Rider. Although you were close on most of the details!

According to NASA (Never-A-Strait-Answer, as they were once known..
) it had been 372 years since the last total lunar eclipse coincides with the winter solstice. Wikipedia (check this out, nice collection of photos from the event) uses that source for it's reference..

But yes, the 456 year number was even brought up by the Huffington Post reports

The Montreal Gazette: OTTAWA -- This year's winter solstice -- an event that will occur next Tuesday -- will coincide with a full lunar eclipse in a union that hasn't been seen in 456 years.
A quick glance over at the Montreal Gazette shows us the headline:

Solstice-eclipse overlap first in 372 years
...yet the caption on the photo, if you notice, says:

This year's winter solstice — an event that will occur next Tuesday — will coincide with a full lunar eclipse in a union that hasn't been seen in 456 years.

Even ATS was conflicting with the "offical narrative"

Here... and here.

Foul play? Prolly not. More than likely somewhere along the way... someone spouted the 456 year figure and it stuck. But records show that:

The eclipse was the first total lunar eclipse to occur on the day of the Northern Winter Solstice (Southern Summer Solstice) since 1638, and only the second in the Common Era.

Other than that... It was just simply a rare astronomical event, on the shortest day of the year! Still pretty though, watched the whole thing.
edit on 13-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmm good point. I wonder how many amateur astronomers look in infrared, gamma, or x-ray frequencies. Probable not many.

But if it was dense enough to be a low mass dark star, wouldn't it be wreaking havoc with the solar system. I'd expect our planet would massively sever fluctuations, huge Earthquakes everywhere, calderas going off, all that.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by igigi

To be honest, I would prefer Hammaraxx to make his theory in *another* post. That would relieve any thread "hi-jacking" or anything; and also provide him with a forum (thread) to expound his theory and gain more concerted conversation to that effect.

Hammaraxx: please post a link to your thread when it is written; that was discussion on *your* subject will not be lost in this thread, but maintained in your thread concerning your theory.

Thank you igigi,
I sincerely apologise if it appeared I had attempted to hi-jack this thread, I truly thought I was being relevant to the discussion. A binary system is another thought I had considered before finally coming to my conclusion of the Hammar Axis.

It took a little longer than I expected but I have just posted the idea (I don’t think it can be correctly termed theory just yet) into a new thread titled: “Solar System Orbiting the Hammar Axis

I hope you will join me there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join