It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing alignments of Europe's ancient sites and the Pyramids of Giza and Saqqara

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I'm working on some more, but I believe there is something important about these two Pyramid groups and their geometry,

I'll post other places as and when I find them.

As I said it could be coincidence, then again.........

The element you leave out is time.

The mountain, for instance, was born in an entirely different place (geological drift) a several hundred million years ago (actual formation of that section of the crust was around .5 billion years ago.) Newgrange predates the pyramids by over 600 years and would have been built about the time the first kings of Egypt were building a country (and not trading with anywhere in Northern Europe. The pyramids (I notice you selected only some in each field) were done during several different dynasties though roughly within a thousand year period around 2400 BC. The explosion of Thera occurred about 1500 BC and MAY have been the incident referred to in the Tempest Stela (dating would be approximately right.)

I think we can show substantial correlation with any object to other objects of significance. For instance, someone might like to play with the corners of the Fargo, North Dakota city hall.

Or the Holiday Inn located at 2300 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Significance would be shown if you had artifacts from the culture intermixed (in other words, showing trade from England to Egypt and vice-versa during the exact same time period) and shown that the cultures both had surveying equipment capable of creating things that lined up exactly over many miles and over oceans (usually shown by their having an accurate and good network of roads plus maps (like Imperial Rome.)

So you'd need those bits to make it significant rather than interesting coincidences.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I have Egyptian Ankhs painted around my front door!!! A fact that I hadn't even thought about until you mentioned "artefacts" I wonder if my front door design was influenced by the pyramid alignment

Yet more evidence that my house is more important then Stonehenge

edit on 21-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Its interesting to think about how until relatively recent, man was always a nomadic creature, foraging and hunting for food. Eventually, when man learned to propagate agriculture, structures emerged, and towns formed.

What caused ancient people to stop at certain areas around the world and invest so much time and energy into massive construction projects? Its interesting to note that some people believe there are certain positive or healing energies in specific points around the globe. Its also interesting to note that ancient people all have stories of "sky gods" coming down and living amongst them.

Perhaps the reasons for these ancient sites all correlating with each other has to do with the areas of the world where they initially saw or met these "sky gods." Maybe they didnt come from the sky at all, but maybe already inhabited these areas.

Just as Unterberg, and other sites have age old legends of "strange phenomena" occurring as long as anyone can remember, clearly something on a global scale went on thousands of years ago, and literally every civilization was somehow influenced by it....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You should look up Edward Leedskalnin, videos if you're in a hurry on youtube under Coral Castle and a book (Magnetic Current Illistarted ).
It is proposed that the reason these buildings and monuments were erected on these sites was because of their position on a mystery grid that encompasses the Globe (Harmonic Nodes on a Grid, Anti-gravity). Just a hypothesis
given to us in the 20th century. Does the grid match up?

edit on 21-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: adding

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Could it be anything to do with their alignment with the sun and perhaps seasons?

The energy point sounds plausible and very interesting!

Looks like i've have to do some research!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Here's a thought (apologise if someone else has covered it already)... What is the chance that they line up because they are 'calibrated' against something visible from both locations?

LOL - after posting this I saw Glowsticks comment above...
edit on 21-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

well sir I believe you have just discovered........LEY LINES. There are many people who believe that all these sites were built where they are because of these invisible lines that are like energy or something.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This thread has been great to read, have learned quite a bit and been given food for thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Newgrange predates the pyramids by over 600 years and would have been built about the time the first kings of Egypt were building a country (and not trading with anywhere in Northern Europe. The pyramids (I notice you selected only some in each field) were done during several different dynasties though roughly within a thousand year period around 2400 BC.

(emphasis added)

Do you subscribe to the theory that Khufu built the Great Pyramid? Because from what I have understood, that was shown to be a dubious claim in around the early eighties - 'possibly' even based upon a deliberate archaeological fraud? The cartouche above the Queens chamber was scrappy (produced by an unpracticed hand), and inconsistent with the expected style - also the 'spelling' was wrong by a ridiculous margin, as though written by a hieroglyph dyslexic.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here is another pic of the Ley Lines

It is believed that these ley lines are the earths magnetic field and the points where they intersect are highly energetic and could possibly have been used to levitate the megaliths and put them into place.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion here, but considering just how many 'ancient sites' there are dotting the worlds landscape, I find this perticular instance nothing beyond the realm of coincidence. However, still interesting! If there is something more to it than that, I'd be supprised yet the plausability of it possibily being because ancient man was more atune with natural flux lines and such which lead to this would not be all out shocking.

Either way, it is interesting...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I remember seeing in a doco some time ago that the placement of the centre of each of the Giza pyramids is exactly the same configuration as the stars that make up the constellation of Orion's Belt.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's got nothing to do with ley lines or anything else its extremely simple geometry. Saqqar and abu sir are very close together, England is a very very long way from them.
You can draw a line from anywhere in the entire south of England and go through these two pyramids

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
First off, you are looking at photographs that are overlaid onto a perfect sphere. The Earth is NOT a perfect sphere. Any line you draw will only be a very rough estimate for locations along it.

Earth Mean radius 6,371.0 km, Earth Equatorial radius 6,378.1 km, Earth Polar radius 6,356.8 km
Earth Circumference 40,075.16 km (equatorial), 40,008.00 km (meridional)

The lines you have, DO NOT fall dead center of any pyramid or fall in perfect alignment along the side/s. Try plotting your lines using the actual locations, long/lat deg,min,sec (dead center or side alignment). If you are off by just 1 degree, over a distance of 1ooo miles, your error is 17.5 miles. Which is why the Sexagesimal system is used in long distance navigation, dividing each degree into minutes and seconds lessens the error.

If you can plot these locations using an accurate system, and they line up, you may have something, until then, it’s just random lines on a bad map.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Perhaps you are on to something, kiwi. Suppose you run those lines all of the way around the complete globe, across the north pole and south pole areas and see if they hit any special sites on the back side..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Also, if you look at the Nazca Lines, there are three points from which they all seem to originate. Apparentl if you flip it upside down and reverse it, the arrangement of those points are similar to the arrangement of the pyramids at Giza.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is hands-down the most mind-blowing discovery/thread I've seen on ATS in the years I've been here. Major, major praise to you OP. Congratulations. I feel this is highly important. Another sacred purpose for the Pyramids - they're like pointers or road-signs for the important sites of the world.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ancient civilizations were indeed primitive, we have yet to find traces of ancient computers or telephones. There are no traces of anything other than ancient civilizations moving around large stone blocks, they didn't have flying machines, and didn't even have printing presses or automobiles, in fact the ancient Incas didn't even ride horses, they walked everywhere, and the Spanish explorers found them to be easy prey in actual battle.

There is no mystical powers we haven't discovered from ancient civilizations, we would clearly find plastic, steel or glass eating utensils they made since glass and some plastics can last thousands of years imperious to biodegradation. It's nice to dream, do it asleep will you, it's a waste of time to imagine what has no indications of ever happening.

The pulley and leverage can explain all of how these people moved large stones around, and as far as I know, the wheel was invented a long time before any of these structures were built. Ask yourself why they used stone instead of steel girders welded together, in fact ask, yourself why they didn't use simple cement! Simple cement would have prevented a lot of those ancient Egyptian pyramids from collapsing you know.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Excellent observation there! It seems that it could be more by coincidence than design. Much to think about, thanks for your time to research that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
GUYS! Look on page 3. I've posted a link and screenshot to a KML file I created (that's google earth lines and points btw).

The lines DO NOT hit the targets he mentions.

He's drawing strait lines on a globe. It doesn't work that way.

You have to push the line vectors on their bearing and take into account the curvature of the earth.

The further north and south you go from the pyramids, the more "off" his lines are.

There may be some interesting things that are in the path of the vectors, but NONE of the the things the OP mentions are actually in line with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join