It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael moore's Sicko and the fake wikileak cable's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In a twist of fate, the US state dept released a cable that stated that Mike Moore's film "sicko" had been banned in Cuba, however the state dept's own "wikileak" was infact a fabrication.

The Cuban's were lapping up the film.

This incident is just more proof of the double standard hipocrasy of the US government.

Mike Moore's sicko a smash hit with the Cuban's

While the US government blame's wikileaks for damaging national security, the government's own spin doctor's have found a new outlet for old lies.
Let's see how many more of the cable's turn out to be of dubious origin!!

"Former health insurance executive Wendell Potter recently revealed that the insurance industry -- which had decided to spend millions to go after me and, if necessary, "PUSH MICHAEL MOORE OFF A CLIFF -- had begun working with anti-Castro Cubans in Miami in order to have them speak out and smear my film."

edit on 20-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why do we suspect these "cables" to be legit by default?...

I mean we don't even praise our PM's and Presidents to be "legit", why some un-named cable?

Interesting how this is unfolding tho.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Are you saying that because the information in the cable is incorrect it is fake? If so, that is not a fair conclusion. The government is made up of complete idiots and I have no doubt a bunch of the cables contain incorrect information.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't call this interesting, but typical. These cables are meant to flabbergast the public, however, all it does is prove what we already know. No one is surprised, people are sick of it to be honest.
Deep down we all know the price of stopping this is great this is why we all sit on our hands, hoping for a simple solution to this very complex problem we call National Leadership/Politics.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

I agree. If you read Michael Moore's post he talks about the cable from 3 weeks before the Bay of Pigs. Quite humorous.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I find Moore's article humorous in terms of its Orwellianism.

Moore writes:

Yesterday WikiLeaks did an amazing thing and released a classified State Department cable that dealt, in part, with me and my film, 'Sicko.'

It is a stunning look at the Orwellian nature of how bureaucrats for the State spin their lies and try to recreate reality

Which sounds exactly like something I would say.

But then Moore writes:

OK, so we know the media is lazy and sucks most of the time. But the bigger issue here is how our government seemed to be colluding with the health insurance industry to destroy a film that might have a hand in bringing about what the Cubans already have in their poverty-ridden third world country: free, universal health care. And because they have it and we don't, Cuba has a better infant mortality rate than we do, their life expectancy is just 7 months shorter than ours, and, according to the WHO, they rank just two places behind the richest country on earth in terms of the quality of their health care.

As if the very same bureaucrats he just called a bunch of liars that try to recreate reality can manage to provide healthcare in a superior fashion to the State run healthcare system we currently have.

I guess more thinks if we just have a different set of lying bureaucrats we will magically manage to live 7 more months on average.

I'm sure the fact that Cuban's live longer has nothing to do with the fact that most of them walk everywhere or eat less due to food costs and everything to do with their communist healthcare system.

Moore says:

So here you have WikiLeaks, who have put themselves on the line to find and release these cables to the press -- and traditional journalists are once again just too lazy to lift a finger, point and click their mouse to log into Nexis or search via Google, and look to see if Cuba really did "ban the film." Had just ONE reporter done that, here's they would have found:

Indeed.

If Moore followed his own advice and actually dug a little deeper he might come to the correct conclusion about government run healthcare.

top topics

join