It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns of escalating arms race in Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

China warns of escalating arms race in Asia

www.telegraph.co.uk

China is warning that it will be forced to stoke up a dangerously escalating arms race in Asia in response to Japanese plans to build a missile-defence system designed to protect the country from North Korean attacks.

Japan said last week that it planned to purchase Patriot PAC3 interceptors, which are meant to shoot down incoming short and medium-range ballistic missiles, and to step up work on Aegis – a US-led sea-based system to protect ships and troops from ballistic missile attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsonjapan.com
latestchina.com
conservativeamericannews.com

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
After what happened last night with the 'Live Fire Drills' over Korea, this story has gained much more eery relevance.

Through friends and relatives, I am aware of China's massive military buildup for over the last half-decade. They are preparing for something very big, and it seems that they are finding ways every day to become justified and publicly announce it.

We can all agree that China has become much more bold, with Russia and North Korea in tow.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A. China is working at becoming more open and modern . Thus updating old / outdated equipment - just as other countries do.
B. The japanese people want the u.s OUT of japan - unfortunately the politicians to weak to tell the u.s to leave.
C. There is open dialogue and relations between china and japan are improving neither want war unlike the u.s.
D. The u.s needs to get out of asia and stop creating trouble in asia. As most of the trouble is being instigated by the u.s .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What makes you think the US wants war in this region?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
what can you say to that really?? only i dont blame them for protecting themselves.

altho i have noticed over the last while it does seem to me that all the big nations are gearing up for something!! europe has/is building icbm sheilds now japan, maybe others just cant remember but what is up with all the weapons exchange/upgrade/buying with a LOT of countries?? or is it just modernisation and a glimpse of the times were in? i never realised how much the world is involved with weapons untill i came to this site and my god its shocking

top topics

join