It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Looks like we NEED for them to turn the Eyja cams back on!

NOW!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Cam 5 - Etna

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/671aae5f097e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
would that really be an eruption?
or at the least lava spurting upward?
and is that a city below the potential spout?
Yikes

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am thinking we may be needing to keep a very close eye on all of Italy.

Campi Flegrei

Another ATS member just started a new Thread Here

Please be on the lookout for any links to Instruments in the area.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is the site I use. For Etna and Stromboli. At the moment I am getting several earthquakes daily from Italy, mostly 2.2 to 2.7
Monitor Etna

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

apparently this wasnt a big deal,.
no news on it,. well I guess that is a good thing

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Rock & ash reported but no lava yet. link

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Columbia is getting some activity:

Wednesday 5th January 2011 Volcanoes of Colombia Four volcanoes in Colombia have been placed on raised yellow alert. The volcanoes are Machin, Galeras, Huila, andl Ruiz. Earthquakes increased at Machin volcano on 31st December 2010. Over 4 days 367 volcano-tectonic earthquakes were detected south and southwest of the main dome. The largest event occurred at 5:22 pm on 1st January 2011, with a magnitude 2.3 and a depth of 3.3 km. The earthquake was felt by residents in vicinity of the volcano and in the municipality of Cajamarca (Tolima). In the week from 22 to 28 December 2010, 363 seismic events occurred at Nevado del Huila volcano, of which 72 were related to fracturing of rock and 291 caused by fluid dynamics in volcanic conduits. Nevado del Ruiz and Galeras have showed elevated but stable activity.

John Seach

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Sudden Activity at Katla Volcano

Having monitored the Katla Volcano since early 2010, a sudden grouping of earthquakes at and around the volcano during the past 24 hours is new cause for concern. Approximately 50 earthquakes have suddenly popped around the region. More alarming however are the 6 that have rumbled beneath and within the Katla volcano caldera itself, the most caldera quakes in one day since this author began monitoring it in May, 2010.

modernsurvivalblog.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abcc2293f4bb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Eruptions continue at Kizimen volcano, Kamchatka with explosions and pyroclastic flows. Seismic activity is high, with volcanic tremor recorded. A hotspot was present over the volcano during the past week, which indicates a probable lava flow. On 1st January an ash plume extended 500 km SSW of the volcano and ashfall was recorded at Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Yelizovo, Paratunka, Nalychevo and all Southern Kamchatka. On 5th January ash emissions extended over 500 km ENE of the volcano and ashfall was recorded in the Komandorsky Islands. On 5th December 2010 ash emissions reached a distance of 838 km NE of the volcano.

It's all happening over there in Iceland at the moment again. Lets hope it doesn't turn into anything nasty. Thanks for the update BG.

John Seach again
edit on 8-1-2011 by zenius because: edit

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Apparantly these are ice earthquakes. Even the 3.3
earthquakes

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

That was reported at the Eyjafjallajökull glacier. Although they are right next to each other I haven't seen anything about ice cracking on Katla.

How many seismic stations are in the area? Need someone in the know to look at this one.
If someone can find the webicorder on this I'd love to see the difference between an ice quake and an earthquake.
edit on 8-1-2011 by zenius because: edit

No, it's ok, I got it from another thread...thank PM
Iceland webis
edit on 8-1-2011 by zenius because: add link

Ok, so after looking at the seismos, thoughts are that the tremor burst started around the 4th, but the ice cracking wasn't reported until the 6th, so perhaps the trembles is what caused the ice to crack which created a tremor in itself

edit on 8-1-2011 by zenius because: add text

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Unfortunately modern survival blog is one that I would rank with GLP. I would not take the slightest bit of notice of ANYTHING that site has to say about ANYTHING - even survival. It is a sensationalist alarmist load of nonsense most of it. Just my opinion but you may ignore me of course, I am just a grumpy old man!

I am sure I don't have to tell you that there is only one place for PROPER information about Iceland and that is Jon Friman's blog. (And Vedur - IMO not weather - of course)

It is the top one in the blog roll list on QVS

@zenius Unless you know which one on that list you are wanting you would be better off looking at the listing on my blog above since they are mapped. BTW there is only one station actually on Katla (edge of) and that is Godabunga.

If you look at God you will see that the 'ice cracks' are registering in the 2-4Hz range and are thus probably earthquakes as it is the 0.5-1.0 red line that tends to register HT. That line looks very steady.

edit on 10/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Oohhh. ok. I really need to do some study on reading seismos.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Unfortunately those Icelandic ones are not like reading the normal ones that we look at as the whole day is compressed into one line. I am not sure if these are adjusted for the earth tide, they probably are.

I meant to say as well, although I have said before, I keep all the Icelandic Earthquake maps and graph (but not the plot unfortunately) and they are available here:

iceland.4shared.com...

I have just finished updating December (Myrdalsjokull only so far). I keep Myrdalsjokull, Vatnajohull, and recently All Iceland plots and graphs. These are generally around 500+ images per month as I take a 'snap' every hour my PC is on. I am now using 7zip as it gives a much better compression than RAR or ZIP. It is free open source and very good. The 7zip home page is here.

There is a portable version as well. Massive size savings. With my 500+ files I get:

GIF > ZIP 24 Mb
PNG > ZIP 9 Mb
PNG > RAR 4 Mb
GIF > 7z 3 Mb
PNG > 7z 2 Mb

Edit to add: Of course I also have the current month as well but they don't get up to the archive until after the end of the month. You just have to ask!
edit on 10/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
May I please direct your attention to this

Heat Emitting from The Crack Out Back thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now what could be causing the heat eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Krakatau erupting it seems.

People fleeing

Tuesday 11th January 2011
Krakatau Volcano, Indonesia
Eruptions from Krakatau volcano, Indonesia have forced the evacuation of tens of thousands residents. Seven districts affected are Kalianda, Rajabasa, Katibung, Sidomulyo, Ketapang, Sragi and Palas. On Monday ash from Anak Krakatau continued to cover residential areas in parts of Banten province and South Lampung. Visual observations showed ash emissions reaching a height of 600 m and drifting east. Ashfall has affected the operation of seismometers on the volcano. Fisherman and tourists are advised to stay at least 2 km from the volcano.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Misunderstanding and a completely non-scientific approach with a strong element of sensationalism premised upon a total lack of any form of repeatable data. In other words most of that video was pure scaremongering supposition.
edit on 12/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What a fascinating thread guys, Well done and the best of kudos for all your fine work and links, The volcanoes in the southern part of Iceland are my nearest threat, So i will be monitoring them (and this thread) alot more closely, A true ATS work of art, S&F,,

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not a biggy but a small eruption at Etna. I have put an image in my files in case it dissapears. I need to make it smaller though. At the same time Strombloi had a nice little flare. I missed doing a screengrab of that one though. There was a small earthquake there at about 15.38, 2.3
Can be seen on camera 5

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join