It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i whole heartily welcome you to volcano watch 2011

since the volcano watch 2010 was such a success and so many people added so much to it over the course of 2010,

i feel it is my duty to start the 2011 watch thread EARLY ..( thanks for the tip puterman )

to start this years thread off right here is a link to the 2010 thread so we dont lose it in the excitment of 2011 .

abovetopsecret.com...

to show an example of what VEI stands for in regards to the overall magnitude of a eruption .

one example of what harmonic tremors look like on paper... but also as we have seen with the eruption of MT Redoubt last year these can either be less intense or more intense depending on the size of the eruption.

a awesome pic of Chaiten when she first erupted .. may 7 2008

volcanoes.usgs.gov...
( the main usgs volcanic hazard page and their sister sites.
Alaska avo.alaska.edu...
the Cascades vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...
Hawaii hvo.wr.usgs.gov...
Long valley volcanoes.usgs.gov...
yellowstone volcanoes.usgs.gov...

global watch sites .
www.volcano.si.edu...

iceland en.vedur.is... =table
Asia www.jamstec.go.jp...

qvsdata.wordpress.com...

Oops thats all i got bookmarked for now.... i hope you all enjoy this years thread and think of it as i do a learning experience ..

edit on 20/12/10 by alysha.angel because:
edit on 20/12/10 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Thanks for doing that Alysha. I sort of hope we don't have too much to fill it up with next year, if you know what I mean.

May I also remind you that links to some of these sites and to over 40 volcano web cams are always available on my Wordpress Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Space Links and even if you lose sight of the first page of this topic you can get to those links from my signature.

A Happy Christmas to all.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Thanks for doing that Alysha. I sort of hope we don't have too much to fill it up with next year, if you know what I mean.

May I also remind you that links to some of these sites and to over 40 volcano web cams are always available on my Wordpress Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Space Links and even if you lose sight of the first page of this topic you can get to those links from my signature.

A Happy Christmas to all.

i hope its good enough,, im very hard on my self when it comes to these things and i already yoked that link its the last link in the main post .

sadly for next year it may get worse then this year did. its a bad feeling that iv been getting . another reason why i wanted to author this for 2011 . but at the same time i hope not all we can do is watch and wait ....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yay Volcano watch 2011! This time I will follow when its not 3000000 pages long

Good job on the last one as well. If I can add to it I will

S&F!

Let's hope no major ones go this year for everyones sake

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
S & F & Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you! I am expecting an active year this year - Let the Watching of the new year begin :-)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
S & F & Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you! I am expecting an active year this year - Let the Watching of the new year begin :-)

thank you Annmarie,,,, how does new thread look overall and what do i need to add to it to make it more informative?

a merry xmas to you too
edit on 20/12/10 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I will be very interested to see if there is a marked increase in volcanic activity in 2011 over that of previous years. If there is, then it could very well be linked to the Mayan Calendar Prophecies of 2012...

We will just have to wait and see...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've had a longstanding interest in geological studies, and I thank you very much for the links! I've always wondered if there could be any rhyme or reason to the movements of the earth... such as if it has an earthquake at point A, then point B should or possibly could experience some sort of reaction as well. I'm still wondering about what is transpiring in Guy, Arkansas.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Alysha,

Your thread beginning is just right :-) . Just really love the eruptions volume scale - always have. It's so humbling. As is the moon tonight!

May your season be bright with love and happiness!! - Remember - memories are what we are and what made us. I too mourn - my dad - and he made me one hell of a -well what I am - cheers to our folks that made us dear!

xoxo,
Anmarie

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Woo Hoo!! Thanks Alysha for getting this up and running again. Am looking forward to another interesting and informative year with yourself, Puterman, AnnMarie & Muzzy. What a great team you are! Hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas and peaceful new year. Let the thread begin!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
OOps double post. Don't know how I did that??
edit on 21-12-2010 by zenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. It looks really interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by volafox

I'm still wondering about what is transpiring in Guy, Arkansas.

Fracking is what is going on.

What is fracking

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here is something for you Alysha

Here is Mt Vesuvius! I will post more later when I get to go to it and climb it. Hopefully it's not closed!

I'm in a car so it's kind of shaky but it's so darn big you can't miss it!
Ignore my commentary

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
For those of you who still take a peek at Eyja now and then...

eldgos.mila.is... now has other web cams up. If you click Gamlárskvöld Reykjavík 2010 - Vatnsendi (the 1st link) you will see a view of Reykjavik WITH SOUND! Might be a cool one to watch when the New Year rings in for them.

Now. If you want to see Eyja now go to this link
qvsdata.wordpress.com...

click on Eyjafjoll – Thorosfelli

It will say Oops! This link appears to be broken.
But if you click on "Access a cached copy of live.­mila.­is/­eyjafjallajokull­-­fra-­thorolfsfelli/­"
and you haven't cleared your cache lately
you will be able to still see her, camera is still running up to date.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Happy New Year Folks.

I have updated 'Loads of links' to point to the new 2011 versions of Volcano Watch and Quake Watch. I have also retained the links to the 2010 just in case you need them and have lost yours!

These and other ATS links are in the ATS Forums section.

edit on 1/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.khon2.com...

happy anni Kilauea 28 years later and still eurpting....

The world's longest continuous volcanic eruption is marking its 28th anniversary this month. Kilauea Volcano's east rift zone began erupting on Jan. 3, 1983 and has continued uninterrupted since.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Doom might be here people.

Explosions heard from Eyjafjallajökull volcano

This time around, it appears my break is going to a shorter then I planned. According to the newspaper named DV (a short of tabloid in Iceland) there have been a lot of explosion heard from Eyjafjallajökull volcano. According to the news this started around 19:00 UTC, when exactly is unclear at present time.

This was reported by a local farmer in the area. But according to Icelandic Met Office and the University of Iceland nothing special has appears on seismometers around Eyjafjallajökull volcano. But it is good to know that in the first eruption in Eyjafjallajökull volcano on Fimmvörðuháls it took few hours for the harmonic tremor to appear following that eruption. For now all that can be done is to wait and see what happens next. This might be a start of a new eruption, or this simply might be nothing for the moment.

UPDATE!!

And so it begins!
ETNA (in Italy) volcano going off!

It this Etna? Looks like it's MOUNT DOOM from LOTR.

edit on 2-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well this is strange. On the main webcams, nothing but I am picking up on this one. Etna The imaged has changed when I refreshed the page. Worrying. I have had small earthquakes for this region over Christmas.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Amendment to this post. Yes, it looks like she has started. Cam 5
If you look on Cam 5 there is a glow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join