It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much HE3 is on the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If we were to start mining HE3, how long would it last, till we are out?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
HE3!
Well considering that Earthlings landed in the moon in 1963, almost half a century ago, if we had started mining for he3, we probably would have 'unearthed' a lot by now.

I think we've kept off the moon cos some other civilization is actually mining for he3 or something more precious that is on the moon.

And in all probability, we would have access to it when the source is almost depleted... And the war for this source by the 'earthly super powers' would just resume.

Good thread. It would be really interesting if you or any other member can post some additional information on HE3 and authenticity of its existence.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

ALOT

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My personal believe is that very influential people want space travel to be privatized first, so private corporations whose profits they pocket stand to gain from the trade, rather than NASA Gov. However there are many space programs.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Did anyone see Moon with Sam Rockwell? Very 2001ish with Kevin Spacey as the robot...excellent movie. All about an HE3 mining operation on the moon.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddf7939de224.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 20-12-2010 by HollowJacket because: divided by 0

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

My personal believe is that very influential people want space travel to be privatized first, so private corporations whose profits they pocket stand to gain from the trade, rather than NASA Gov

First, replace 'space travel' with 'everything'
They will use it, molest it, abuse it & when they are done with it, it will be sold to the sheeple
*bling*

Secondly, the very influential people who can pocket the profits are the ones running the NASA, the government & everything you dislike and controls you

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Who is to say we are not already. You never get to see the dark side of the moon and any pics I have seen are all from the 60's or look like they could have been. There very well could be a space station up there and we would never know. Well without the ability to launch a satalite up to see. Every other branch of government does some shaddy stuff for all I know the moon is where the CIA waterboards the people from venus who fight back when they go to steal green house gasses to poison our earth with.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
water moderated reactors (especially heavy water varieties, like CANDU) produce some tritium, which of course decays into He3. i'd expect selling process heat and electricity on top of He3 and Tritium will be hard to beat by current ways of space travel.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Interesting topic

Here are a few good links to check out.

www.technologyreview.com...

At the 21st century's start, few would have predicted that by 2007, a second race for the moon would be under way. Yet the signs are that this is now the case. Furthermore, in today's moon race, unlike the one that took place between the United States and the U.S.S.R. in the 1960s, a full roster of 21st-century global powers, including China and India, are competing. Even more surprising is that one reason for much of the interest appears to be plans to mine helium-3--purportedly an ideal fuel for fusion reactors but almost unavailable on Earth--from the moon's surface. NASA's Vision for Space Exploration has U.S. astronauts scheduled to be back on the moon in 2020 and permanently staffing a base there by 2024.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

they cant find a better presenter in that video???

top topics

join