It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate bans stock ownership in DoD companies for government employees. Senate exempt from their own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Of course.

anyhow, here is a snip:

Source

The Senate Armed Services Committee prohibits its staff and presidential appointees requiring Senate confirmation from owning stocks or bonds in 48,096 companies that have Defense Department contracts. But the senators who sit on the influential panel are allowed to own any assets they want.

And they have owned millions in interests in these firms.

The committee's prohibition is designed to prevent high-ranking Pentagon officials from using inside information to enrich themselves or members of their immediate family.

But panel members have access to much of the same inside information, because they receive classified briefings from high-ranking defense officials about policy, contracts and plans for combat strategies and weapons systems.

You know...I am changing my mind about transparency..the corruption is rife and uncaring..and the people simply are unable to change it. I am now missing being ignorant than being in the know and unable to do anything about it.

Why is this not a serious ethics violation?!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Not surprising given that Congress is nothing but a group of corrupt criminals.

Good find, but nonetheless, still not surprising.

All of these buttholes need to go.

join