It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Deadly Medicine

www.vanityfair.com

Prescription drugs kill some 200,000 Americans every year. Will that number go up, now that most clinical trials are conducted overseas—on sick Russians, homeless Poles, and slum-dwelling Chinese—in places where regulation is virtually nonexistent, the F.D.A. doesn’t reach, and “mistakes” can end up in pauper’s graves? The authors investigate the globalization of the pharmaceutical industry, and the U.S. Government’s failure to rein in a lethal profit machine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Is there any doubt that the FDA and big pharma is anything more than a profitable enterprise exploiting the sickness and death of the American people and now on a global scale.

It's obvious to me that what is "sick" is a culture that values profit, stock options, and the bottom line over the well being of it citizens.

God help us....

www.vanityfair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That's a big problem, people don't read the warnings in the back of the product and don't even ask the doctor for second effects.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The same way that these drugs kill test subjects in other nations, the technology in your mobile phone, laptop, desktop, calculator, pacemaker, bottle warmer, microwave and so on, is built from minerals purchased from conflicted nations, and thusly kills people just as readily.
Im sure you have heard of conflict diamonds, and how they are sold to make money for insane generals , to fund thier rape murder gangs, thier extortion rackets and thier ethnic cleansing. Buying minerals from the same places, causes the same problem. For every modern mobile phone, some of the money from its sale goes to random megalomaniacs and murderous xenophobes all over the world. Thats right, virtualy every single peice of consumer electronics is rammed with things that may well have cost the buyer an arm and a leg figuratively, but somewhere along the supply chain , it cost someone thier life. Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, and others all know about the problem, but cannot afford to purchase the minerals in thier machines from non conflict sources, or at least, cannot afford to ensure that ONLY groups who are not involved in murder get the benifit from the purchase price which is paid.
Bottom line folks, money is more important than lives, anyones lives, yours , mine, or the life of a Congolese person. That is the situation with technology ... imagine then the staggering significance of being told that the pharmacologists who make the drugs we all take, who make the cures for our diseases, have exactly the same attitude. I personaly dont get ill that often, and have no long term health defects, but if I did, Im pretty sure I would rather get killed by my genetics, or by a virus or bacteria, than have someone I never met, in a nation I never visited die, to save my life.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Best advice? Do not accept any prescription drug manufactured in the last 25 years, ask your Dr. if there is an older medication that would fix the problem. Drug companies agressively market new drugs to Drs. Older drugs not so much because there is just not the profit. Outsourcing, greed and failures to regulate have made taking pharmicologics much more dangerous.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rober_boricua
reply to post by whaaa

That's a big problem, people don't read the warnings in the back of the product and don't even ask the doctor for second effects.

I couldn't agreee more. Does anyone really take the time and responsibility to research what they are told to take? Because of the internet, there really is no excuse not to be proactive in researching your meds and to question your doctor or pharmacist if you have conflicts. Or better yet, eat a healthy diet, exercise, stop smoking, have lots of great sex, take time to just relax and be, and maybe most of the meds won't be necessary. Stress is one of the biggest factors for the over prescribing of meds. Sorry if this got off topic, i'm finished with my rant!

top topics

join