It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. education in a grim state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The U.S. education is in a grim state. It is quite perplexing that while the country poured billions in education how little smoke there has been. Indeed, according to the latest PISA results, the U.S. ranks poorly in all major categories, whereas East Asian countries like South Korea rank in the top tier among all OECD participants, with students from Shanghai at the very top. With such alarming results, policymakers must be shaking in their boots as the U.S. supremacy in science and technology may be at risk in the near future. I believe that the U.S. government should stop wasting taxpayers' money in futile investments and take strong iron hand measures to improve students' performance across the upper spectrum.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bulgogi

People put the blame on teachers, the unions, big government etc. I tend to take the tack that American kids are just stupid and their parents are too busy making a dollar to notice it. Most Koreans I know will whip a kid for being stupid. There's a bit of culture difference I'd say. The U.S. also has a rather long history of anti-intellectual.
www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_pr_sims_t
Check that out, explains the current mess quite well.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Given the current level of spelling, grammar and thinking....this doesn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It’s not the education system or the students, it’s the parents.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Its also quite common in asia for children to start school at 2 years old along with them taking tuition classes on top of regular classes during their school years. All of which the parents pay for..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Surely the United States education departments could take some cues from these East Asian countries, but the globalists won't allow it...

...because they want the American populace dumbed down through fluoridation of the water, TV mind control etc...

new topics

top topics

join