It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird activity with 'Air Force Global Strike Command SPECIAL ALERT' related thread and searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Greetings,

Have noticed the thread about 'Air Force Global Strike Command SPECIAL ALERT' has gone 404. Furthermore any search from google embedded search results in 'error'. Does the conspiracy side of me have some smoke and therefore fire or is it just a coincidence?

Where oh where art thou thread?

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

The same thing happened to a Ron Paul thread I was reading yesterday. No warning, just gone. My post count also declined, so I assume the entire thread was flushed. It would be nice if they made an announcement when they did that stuff.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Sounds about right. If I hit backspace on the 404 page (to what I presume is my posting page) it says 'you are not allowed to view that forum' which leads me to believe it's in a mod forum or other section of some type. Perhaps the info is sensitive, although the cat is already outta the bag all over the net.

edit thread #642336
edit on 20/12/10 by GhostR1der because: threadnumber

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The thread was removed because the source site it came from is questionable, and not a noted news agency in its own right - more of a blog/personal opinion site.

The matter is being looked at by the board staff and we're hoping to come up with a solution soon.
edit on 20/12/10 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
The thread was removed because the source site it came from is questionable, and not a noted news agency in its own right - more of a blog/personal opinion site.

The matter is being looked at by the board staff and we're hoping to come up with a solution soon.
edit on 20/12/10 by neformore because: (no reason given)
Couldn't it have just been moved to the Gray Area?

There are plenty of threads on ATS dealing with questionable subjects with zero facts behind them.

Since I still had time to edit, I will add this.... I agree, it does seem weird. I am anxious to see how the matter is settled.
edit on 20-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I just did a Google search and lots of stuff came up. It does seem like all the sites are relating the same story/source; using the same pictures; etc, so validity is an issue.

Given the amount of hostile activity being reported in general between the two Koreas, I would not be surprised to see something go down soon.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
this is very weird.

You do not delete a thread just because of its questionnable nature. The gray area is specifically made for these type of things.

Please explain why the thread was removed. Explanations seem to be required. Other than it was questionable.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Guys.

I explained it as best as I can for the moment. I also said we're working on the issue.

Patience please.

Thread closed temporarily.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
OK.

The thread in question has been re-opened in the Gray Area.

Sorry it took so long to get this resolved. Real-life committments and all that....

For the record - Before Its News (BIN - think about it!) is not a News site as such. It is a blog/opinion site that anyone can write stories for.

new topics

top topics

join