It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims with war records watched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Muslims with war records watched

www.stuff.co.nz

Detailed reports on potential terrorist activity in New Zealand included warnings from police to United States officials that some local Muslims fought in wars such as Afghanistan and Bosnia, WikiLeaks cables show.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
US tentacles even reaches NZ.

They are spying on people who are expressing their opinions regarding the US occupation of Muslim countries, and those who criticize other US crimes world wide.

They call it anti-Western now.

I'm wondering if I'm being spied on zzz

My brother has a big beard, does that mean he will be spied on also?

What did they do NZ zzz

If there is criminal activities, then I agree they should be arrested.

But

If there is no criminal activities, why are they being spied on?

zzz

Thoughts

oz

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Huh.

Without reading the article (yet) that's like Argentina keeping tabs on Britons living in Equatorial Guinea who were in the Falklands war (read: stoopid). Or Iraq keeping tabs on United States...ians living in France who were in the Iraq war.

The world is daft.

EDIT: So, not quite like that... more like if Argentina kept tabs on Britons living in Britain that had fought in the Falklands war. Still daft.

I will feel differently if Hamam blows up the Karori sanctuary.
edit on 19/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

EDIT pt ii: Wrong island.
edit on 19/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This sounds like a conspiracy to make us older folks upgrade our War records to eight track tapes!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
US tentacles even reaches NZ.

Did you bother reading the article?

Detailed reports on potential terrorist activity in New Zealand included warnings from police to United States officials that some local Muslims fought in wars such as Afghanistan and Bosnia, WikiLeaks cables show.

They also told US security officers that they were watching at least one resident, identified only as "Hamam", who had expressed anti-Western views.

They, meaning NZ officials came forward and contacted US officials.
Your source goes on to say......

The warnings, in cables from 2005, showed the US embassy's emergency action committee in Wellington had no information to indicate a terrorist cell was operating in New Zealand.

You seriously need to read it again.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Your brother's big beard will definitely implicate you. I'm not going to shave my big beard. Uh oh! I am a westerner, and I can attest that western views are sometimes contradictory. Express one Western view and contradict another Western view in the process.

So your local cops are playing up to the US, probably to get extra money from the US intelligence network. Local police forces in the US team up with FBI to form JTTF(Joint Terrorism Task Forces) the local cops get federal funding and resources that way. The cost to locals is that the people then become the subjects of suspicion and surveillance.

I've talked to people in other countries. I've even given a lecture in another country(I better not name it because there are within that country organizations on the US list of FTOs (Foreign Terrorist Organizations). Every one's a suspect.

I've seen reports from posters on this forum that you are anti-Western. Uh oh!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I did read it.

I'm simply concerned that people are being spied on, based upon their views.

Second line.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Then look squarely at who is spying on them.
Stop trying to drag the US into this.

Even the article said the US had no information on that possibility.
Take it up with your own Government.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Related news:

The United States Government quietly approved eight new areas for military co-operation with New Zealand in 2007, confidential diplomatic cables show.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Related news:

The United States Government quietly approved eight new areas for military co-operation with New Zealand in 2007, confidential diplomatic cables show.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Well what are you reading into that?
I'm glad you didn't whip out your now canned response and call your own Government a" Puppet of the US" Because if you had I personally know a few Kiwis that would love to have a few choice words for you about that.

edit on 19-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Sorry, I had to post this lol

More than 700 pages of cables from the US embassy in Wellington to its masters in Washington, were leaked by WikiLeaks and obtained by the Herald.

Sorry again lol..

But that just made me laugh.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the nuclear position is that US Nuclear subs with Nuclear warheads are not allowed in NZ waters. 2007 seems about the time the wink and nod was given. The policy remains the same, we just won't talk about the subs that may or may not have nukes aboard and may or may not be within NZ waters.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by oozyism
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the nuclear position is that US Nuclear subs with Nuclear warheads are not allowed in NZ waters. 2007 seems about the time the wink and nod was given. The policy remains the same, we just won't talk about the subs that may or may not have nukes aboard and may or may not be within NZ waters.

NZ public is heavily against it.

If it is allowed by the NZ government, it would cause huge uproar, and would be politically devastating.

Behind the scenes it is a different story.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Sorry again lol..

But that just made me laugh.

Again if you have issues with

A. who is doing the spying talk to your Government.

B. If you don't care for the wording talk to Audrey Young she is a fellow Kiwi who wrote the piece.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Again if you have issues with

A. who is doing the spying talk to your Government.

My son was denied employment with a US Defense contractor because of "his ties to anti-war organizations." based on a background check. I can attest that the only ties he has to such groups is because he is my son.

How did that info get into a US federal data bank? So where do I start inquiring? The local cops, the local commander of JTTF, the heads of the various mercenary security firms that I shared shooting range time with?

edit on 19-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I have no idea. Which organizations does he or did he belong to?
What were their activities? Who may also be a high profile member?
In the end Ask the Government.

Only in this case it's the US Government.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Which organizations does he or did he belong to?
What were their activities? Who may also be a high profile member?
In the end Ask the Government.

The point is he was not a member, I was. He did not participate in any actions, I did. Being my son got him on the list. Besides that, to the core issue. Since when has expressing views been a threat? The answer sadly, is always has, always will be.

The ACLU has had a long standing FOIA (freedom of information act) suit requesting information on government infiltrators into peaceful anti-war groups. Little success.

Opposing war has been seen as treason, sometimes officially, but always unofficially, in America since the first "Tory" was lynched for opposing the Revolution. That's our history.

Speech, depending on what you say, can and has been labeled Sedition, and been punished. see Sedition Act of 1918

edit on 19-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join