It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010's World Gone Wild: Quakes, floods, blizzards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Preliminary results are in ...

apnews.myway.com...
edit on 19-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This was the year the Earth struck back.

Please ignore the "man-made global warming" propaganda in the otherwise informative article ..

Through Nov. 30, nearly 260,000 people died in natural disasters in 2010, compared to 15,000 in 2009, according to Swiss Re. The World Health Organization, which hasn't updated its figures past Sept. 30, is just shy of 250,000. By comparison, deaths from terrorism from 1968 to 2009 were less than 115,000, according to reports by the U.S. State Department and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

Please ignore the "man-made global warming" propaganda in the otherwise informative article ..

I was just going to say something to that effect.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Mama earth is getting pissed at the vermin that are harming her, and is showing that there is no power on earth that can even begin to match her anger.

strange times indeed...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Earthquakes, heat waves, floods, volcanoes, super typhoons, blizzards, landslides and droughts killed at least a quarter million people in 2010 - the deadliest year in more than a generation. More people were killed worldwide by natural disasters this year than have been killed in terrorism attacks in the past 40 years combined.

And as i'm typing this we are covered in a feet of snow. Which used to be normal 20 years ago but had become a rare sight. Skating on natural ice hasn't been possible here for quite some time and now it's solid lakes 2 years in a row already.

Figures, the lid gets blown off the global warming hoax and it's as if the simply "flipped the switch" and weather is back to "normal"

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

A part of me was really looking froward to that warming, too! The weather extremes are interesting to say the least. The earthquake activity this year has been up as well.

Personally, I am rooting for Mother Earth, but I am afraid the miscreants are going to scurry under their rocks only to attempt to reassert themselves in years to come. I hope they all like it underground, because there will be more than a few survivors staking out their cog facility entrances, hoping for a piece ...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah i think it's about time she took a stand.

Wouldnt it be hilarious if it turned out we kickstarted our own demise by destorying the GulfStream withe the deepwater horizon disaster, subsequently cooling down the oceans and allowing mother nature to begin an ice age?

Weather changes ever since that event do look like it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
From the source article:

Earthquakes, heat waves, floods, volcanoes, super typhoons, blizzards, landslides and droughts killed at least a quarter million people in 2010 - the deadliest year in more than a generation. More people were killed worldwide by natural disasters this year than have been killed in terrorism attacks in the past 40 years combined.

btw - did you know it was the re-insurance industry, and companies like Swiss Re, that first flagged the "man-made disasters" and "global warming" crises? ...They saw it coming - in their actuarial reports and record-breaking claims. ...Nobody listened, so they just re-wrote their policies, and stopped coverage and pay-outs for the really stupid stuff.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well at least I don't have to save up the aluminum cans, jerk out some money, and stand in line for a few hours just to get a few seconds of exhilaration... the roller coaster has gone global.

Enjoy the ride.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And quite a ride it will be. We picked our spot about 8 years ago and moved to the Green Hills of Missouri (from NYC area - quite the culture shock, lol). I wanted warmer, but the price was right (we got 140 acres and a livable house for 110k in 2003. Now I think it worked out. We are over 1000 feet up and about 100 miles from any major city. Bring on the popcorn!

new topics

top topics

join