It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim woman cuts out daughters heart while listening to Qur'an.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

A friendly reminder...

...that civility and decorum are a cornerstone of the ATS community. This issue can be discussed in a civilized manner. From this point on please address the issue at hand and refrain from personal attacks against fellow members. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dylandalek

To get us back on track.

Why does it matter what the lady was listening to?

The news is that a mother killed her daughter.

One side of the debate is that news is fueling the fear and hate that will deliver us to the next epoch.

The other side of the debate is that the religion itself is what is evil.

My opinion is the story is irresponsible because people no longer have the critical thinking skills to see beyond the agenda.

Here is the story translated: Please find the following story justification for the empires current and future occupation. Enjoy lower rates on technology as we have found a cheap source of material in these nations.

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Frogs

Yup - but you do realize the same is true of someone goes nuts and does something horrible while quoting something about god or the bible?

I find it interesting that the implication here is that I may not realize the same applies to Christian-Bashing.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

My apologies - I meant it as more a rhetorical question to everyone. But, the coffee hadn't kicked in yet and resulted in poor wording on my part.

A nut, is a nut and most anything may be twisted in their minds to do horrible things. When these happen you can't really blame whatever set them off - regardless of what it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

My apologies - I meant it as more a rhetorical question to everyone.

Thats alright. I understand where it came from.

I dont like threads l ike this because they distract from real problems and issues between fundamentalist Islam and western society. Threads like this do nothing to address or debate those issues in a civilized manner. They just create short spouts of hatred from all sides without being informative at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

what the sh!t is this world coming to!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I know some Somalis they are nice people, but there does seem to be a trend of strange violence coming from there, it has nothing to do with Islam.

Also I'm not surprised this came from the Daily Mail.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
This is what religion can do to an unstable mind.

Please explain how Islam made a woman cut out her daughters heart?

If a man raped a woman while listening to Elton John's "Can you feel the love tonight" would that make it Elton John's Fault? or the rapists fault?
edit on 19-12-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Anyone know if she really killed her daughter yet? If she did maybe she was listening to the quran out of guilt from her crazy insane murder.

Or if someone else killed her daughter in front of her eyes, that would be enough to make her seem crazy too.

Or obviously she was just crazy.

So is there any evidence of her holding the knife etc yet?

Edit: sorry for the triple post haha.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This brutal crime can not be forgiven , i thought religion can make people more kind and calm, but what about this one ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Please explain how Islam made a woman cut out her daughters heart?

If a man raped a woman while listening to Elton John's "Can you feel the love tonight" would that make it Elton John's Fault? or the rapists fault?

Without getting to far off track here, there is a difference, she wasn't listening to music, she was listening to verses from their Holy Book, for some reason in her mania she thought that her religion was giving her some meaning to allow this.

The important difference between this and your words are that people coming from such 3rd world repressed and overly strict places where religion IS your life and should you go against it you WILL either be killed or maimed. For her this was some form of religious act, for us it was an act of insanity, an act jumped upon by papers and made into an act of Muslim faith which it's NOT, the Koran does not preach for these acts, these are acts from the extremist people who have man made sub verses added to the religion but not part of it.

People MUST understand Muslim vs Extremist claiming to be Muslim...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I'm going with the fact that the Qu'ran doesn't really allow this "ritual"...

The Qur'an strongly condemns human sacrifice, as a "grave error and sinful act" and an "ignorant, foolish act of those that have gone astray" and speaks of how the "pagans were deluded by their deities to kill their own children"

Source: Wikipedia.

She can't blame this on religion.

However...it could have been some tribal ritual...
edit on 19-12-2010 by BlackPoison94 because: adding source

No. Not even a tribal ritual. This is a case of a psychotic woman having a psychotic episode. Perhaps she was religious and the reason she had an MP3 blasting in here ears playing the Quran was an attempt by her to drown out the voices, so to speak. Though, I know they never said she was hearing anything....

She was committed to a mental health place for a reason.

There was a case near where I live a few years back. Very horrific. A crazy lady in an apartment actually cut off the arms and legs of her baby. Her reason was something along the lines cutting off the babys arms and legs so she could give it over to god??? That is an act of pure insanity. Same with the lady over in England who just did this to her daughter.

Insane people do really insane things...Heart breaking

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

There are plenty on non-religious people who do similar things too.

I think it's just a coincidence that the was religious. There are other issues why she behaved this way.

It's like blaming heavy metal for someone comitting suicide because they were listening to it at the time.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Yup - but you do realize the same is true of someone goes nuts and does something horrible while quoting something about god or the bible?

I find it interesting that the implication here is that I may not realize the same applies to Christian-Bashing.

The discussion must always be framed in us vs them. Christians vs. Muslims.

If you question the logic or veracity of a Muslim bashing piece then you must hate Christians with a terrorist rage.

Isn't it obvious?

Reasonable or objective thinking is no longer useful.

Pick a side and stop asking questions, feelings are important...not that "thinking" BS.

If you can't do that then or you are a terrorist by default.

Get with the program...read more "Daily Mail".
edit on 20-12-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join