It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebellion at White House victory for hope (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Awesome speech in the name of Hope...
www.examiner.com...

Hedges speech, about what hope is and is not, will be noted for years among other profound addresses in American history.

I'm not American but this goes beyond nationality...gave me goosebumps.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi - this does give us hope. Excerpts from this vid were posted yesterday - not the same as this - but the same demo. The demo ended in arrests. It was noted that the demonstrators are all fairly mature...in this case that means experienced. I am very pleased to see these people taking the lead and setting an example to younger people.

I'm not American either...but participated as much as I could in the anti-Iraq demos. I think you could say that I've been in a semi-state of trauma ever since 9/11. Watching our governments' horrendous responses, and listening to the lies (knowing they were lies) to what was a criminal act - not an act of war. The abuse of Afghan's, Iraqi's and ALL participating troops AND their families is criminal.

Personally I want to see Blair in front of a Court NOT an inquiry. I firmly believe that without his 'shoulder to shoulder' no questions asked support of US policy the American people would NOT have given their support for these wars/invasions. They were a traumatised nation (understandably) and sought GOOD leadership....they were given the exact opposite of that.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is by far the most compelling, relevant and inspiring thread/story/video I have EVER seen on ATS.

Today I am attending a family gathering and will share the video with everyone there.

Thanks so very much. I am awestruck.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wow. Truly amazing...I will be copying and passing it on.

The voice of sanity and truth and hope is reborn.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Speak up and spread this video - let the people of the world hear it loud and clear. We are educated now and along with super fast communication (lacking in past world wars) we can all say "NOT IN MY NAME" together!

new topics

top topics

join