It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study showing that humans have some psychic powers caps Daryl Bem's career

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Mods please move if needed!

It took eight years and nine experiments with more 1,000 participants, but the results offer evidence that humans have some ability to anticipate the future. "Of the various forms of ESP or psi, as we call it, precognition has always most intrigued me because it's the most magical," said Daryl Bem, professor of psychology emeritus, whose study will be published in the American Psychological Association's Journal of Personality and Social Psychology sometime next year. "It most violates our notion of how the physical world works. The phenomena of modern quantum physics are just as mind-boggling, but they are so technical that most non-physicists don't know about them," said Bem, who studied physics before becoming a psychologist.

Article Source
This is what I love about the internet! Finding great articles like these and changing my view on how I see the world and how I see myself. What do you guys think about this article?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snickersman

I saw this story on PhysOrg a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty thought provoking. I think that precognition and deja vu type things are actually quantum phenomena. It's nice to see someone in a teaching/research position taking it more seriously.

link to article

edit on 12/18/2010 by SpaceJ because: link

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
all points in time and space are connected. this is why i believe we must be psychic, were not fully activated yet.
Maybe experiments have been getting more and more successful because we've been getting more and more psychic.

Anythings possible. were all connected

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Snickersman

nothing new Ive had esp since i was a child. the problem is learning how to turn it off so you don't go insane by all the constant information garbling in and obscuring your real life and emotions. you have to learn to fine tune it so it brings relevance to only you.

wouldn't feel right without it

edit on 18-12-2010 by aliengenes because: fixt

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

I have to respectfully disagree that there is nothing new about the OP. I will grant you that in your own perception this is nothing new as you possess some sort of the abilities the study referenced but that does not mean its nothing new. This is a major study published by a respected researcher employed at a prestigious institute of higher learning and these circumstances do indeed make this something new. Not only is it new, its extremely interesting and thought provoking!

new topics

top topics

join