It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA chief in Pakistan leaves after drone trial blows his cover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by tristar

Tristar, it does not sound at all strange that there is a possibility that war will be fought from space in the future. However, I would hope that any nation likely to launch space based attack and defense tools, would be prevented from doing so by an overwhelming lack of public support, or an overwhelming citizen uprising against the horrific advances made in military science, and the frankly unacceptable gap between military technology and that which is available to the public.
The private citizens of a nation ought always to have the capability to strike down an unrepresentative, and disobedient government, and the further the military pull away in terms of thier technological capability , the less likely a sucessful civilian take over is.

In reference to that nations that will adopt such space platforms, well its very much obvious. But i guess one should take into consideration that it more than likely will be introduced to the public as a "shield" similar to how the missile shield has been widely covered by many media outlets and has become a normal way of thinking.
But i guess we should make one thing clear that it wont be some huge crafts orbiting the earth but rather small versatile units able to be dormant within a larger body, lets say for argument sake, similar to the ISS. So you would have one purpose one use that once deployed have no means to re dock other than its primary purpose similar to how the old minute man's were, " MAD" (Mutually assured destruction). I assume that its dimensions would be slightly larger than your average household garbage can and its life span perhaps would be that of a decade.

As for the citizens and the ability for them to take down a disobedient government, well if we take a look at how things are now and how dependent everyone is on the system as a whole, i find it very unlikely that such a move or idea will ever manifest itself into a momentum. What word would i use to describe the current global situation and the imposed hardship that we all have, are and will continue to feel, "check mate"

<< 1   >>

join