It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird . . . Two Members Last Visit Listed as December 31st 1969 . . . Whats Up With That ?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There are tens of thousands of people who registered for the forum and then never came back.

Never even posted a introduction post.

That is the way of the internet forum.

They are still listed as members though.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

What you'll find is that actually, those members who never come back register AND ARE NEVER SEEN AGAIN.

The thing is that site-owners for discussion are actually electronic life-forms that originally lived, at very low densities, in cat fur, before humans began depending so heavily upon electricity. Once this happened, the electronic life-forms had a major new food source within our networks of cables, but recent energy-saving techniques have reduced the energy available to the over-inflated electroid population. Since all mass can be considered potential energy, they have found a way to convert living mass to energy through specific sequences shown on screen with trigger the decay of protons and neutrons into a series of electromagnetic waves, which are then absorbed through the keyboard and used to feed the electroids' families.

The reason that not everyone is absorbed by these is that a) some people are more responsive to these decay sequences, b) although legislation is in place forcing all computer manufacturers to make their screens incapable of transmitting electroid sequences, some very old and/or very cheap screens are not safe for use on discussion forums (it is stated in the fine print, usually). People logging on to Facebook, ATS, and other such sites using this sort of screen are thus rapidly consumed by the electroids, often before they get the chance to post even once.

(Yeah... about those men in white coats... when are they free?)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

lol, this time travel stuff gets confusing..
Like, if Simon was left in 1969 then wouldn't he be still here, or another him, just 40 years older??

You're absolutely right. But his 80 year old version hasnt shown up yet. We suspect he might have been abducted by a clandestine organization that is secretly working to overthrow the secret government.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
There are tens of thousands of people who registered for the forum and then never came back.

Yes. I trust there are pre-cognitive systems in place that remove a poster before he even thinks of disclosing sensitive information.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
You will see a couple of members listed that last visited the board Dec 31st, 1969 . . . Whoa!

A COUPLE?
lousy research

PAGES of EM

Whole ARMIES of SOCK PUPPETS...

All 0 posts flags stars...

Yup you discovered the biggest cover up of all time

The ATS Sock Puppet Brigade

edit on 18-12-2010 by zorgon because: RAID

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Is there a john titor in the list?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Maybe the time travelers are breaking protocol and are logging into the internet of today through a hyper-data-conduit that allows the flow of data to occur over years, decades, unlimited spans of time. You see, what happened is . . . dedicated followers of ATS became employed with an agency that has had the time travel technology since a decade before 1969 and are actively using this technology today. Well anyhow, these ATSers where supposed to only be using the communication technology . . . the hyper-data-conduits . . . to pass information back and forth with the agency. Well, humans being the addicted, obsessive, and impulsive creatures that they are could simply not do without their fix of ATS. So wallah, mystery solved! I think it fits right in with portions of your story.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Unix bug

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-12-2010 by Skittle because: (no reason given)

No, no . . . I don't think so "time-cop"
We are on to your little operation-cleanup. If you had picked time travelers that were not addicted to ATS they would never have made the connection through the "hyper-data-conduit" hereafter referred to as the HDC. So Mr. Skittles please do not try glamor us over with your pretty little rainbow of fruitiness.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

You will see a couple of members listed that last visited the board Dec 31st, 1969 . . . Whoa!

A COUPLE?
lousy research

PAGES of EM

Whole ARMIES of SOCK PUPPETS...

All 0 posts flags stars...

Yup you discovered the biggest cover up of all time

The ATS Sock Puppet Brigade

edit on 18-12-2010 by zorgon because: RAID

I knew it existed. I set out to prove it through my SUPERIOR research methodology . . . and wallah . . . oh Zorgy, Zorgy, don't try and discredit my research and this thread with your accurately stated post. Now look at my signature . . . DON"T THINK . . . JUST LOOK! . . . now remember that!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i have info on that but, i can't say, you see, search my handle and find out

i don't even exist!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

now that is funny. I'm not sure that there is any easy work around for that problem... Mr forward slash

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95d8a812444d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
i have info on that but, i can't say, you see, search my handle and find out

i don't even exist!!

Whoa! Interesting . . . now I have to figure out where you fit in in the grand scheme of things . . . perplexing, very perplexing indeed.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I knew it existed. I set out to prove it through my SUPERIOR research methodology . . . and wallah . . . oh Zorgy, Zorgy, don't try and discredit my research and this thread with your accurately stated post. Now look at my signature . . . DON"T THINK . . . JUST LOOK! . . . now remember that!

Well okay... so you flushed out a gad zillion sock puppets that ATS keeps on the books.... Now you know... you better keep looking over your shoulder...
I hear they have agents here that errr... well you get the picture

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It means that ATS is already existing at that time! Wow! This is one of the biggest conspiracy out there.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Yes at that time ATS was fully manual and the forum consisted of a large book where people had to write their comments and then post it to the next user.

Inevitably this book got extremely thick and unwieldy mainly because people kept gluing in pictures of cats and inserting rolls of black and white film, eventually the postage costs grew so high that only multi millionaires could actually maintain their membership.

The book strangely vanished at some point during the 80's and has not been seen since

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Although I love the Time Travel Theory.. the truth is that it's simply a scripting "dealio".
Anyone that is familiar with the old ATSmix Shows know that if you got to that page to
listen to the Shows that it reads that they were created in 1969 and yet the last posts
by members commenting in the threads say that they were in the last few months (or so).

ATSmix Shows

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/600596abfb8c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Boo . . . . boo, now you have to come in to make some sense of this! Merry Christmas and what have ya to you to buddy.

Not that I want to try and sound like a "stick to my guns" theorist here but I think you are simply trying to use your credibility to sweep this all under the rug . . . hmmm ... Aren't you!?!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

So what your REALLY saying is that Dec 1969 was a nexus point, like 1947 was Hmmmm interesting

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So what your REALLY saying is that Dec 1969 was a nexus point, like 1947 was Hmmmm interesting

LOL.. No, What I'm saying is that the truth on this subject (the 1969 scripting glitch) makes more sense than the 'sock-puppet' conspiracy theory below .

Well okay... so you flushed out a gad zillion sock puppets that ATS keeps on the books.... Now you know... you better keep looking over your shoulder...: I hear they have agents here that errr... well you get the picture :

top topics

<< 1   >>

join