It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird . . . Two Members Last Visit Listed as December 31st 1969 . . . Whats Up With That ?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ok . . .

Go to "Tools"
Then click "Members"
Then click on the sort option "Last Visit"

You will see a couple of members listed that last visited the board Dec 31st, 1969 . . . Whoa!

Our own little conspiracy . . . why would they read this way !?!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

You've just stumbled upon the two oldest sock puppets on ATS.

At least that's my theory

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Unix calculates time from a starting point of 1st Jan 1970 so I'm guessing that could have something to do with it

Edit to add
MYSQL has Dec 31st 1969 as a default if you pass it bad data I think
edit on 18-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

link   
Probably somewhere in the script of this website and dating, the earliest date is set as dec 31st 1969.
And well some of them were probably auto set to that as they never joined.
Just a little glitch

link   
reply to post by nonnez

To add to the conspiracy they didn't join until March 2005. I am guessing time travelers

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
they both have made 1 thread, but there is no record of it, if you click the member names. its say threads started 1.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Probably just admins way of 'having fun' or something.

I used to be on another forum years ago..
totally unrelated to these subjects..

and the admins/mods would often change dates like that, "just for fun".

Like,
they would often make their profiles say they registered sometime in like "August 1967"
or "June 1977"

and people often questioned it.
i think that was the point..
to make you ask questions. lol

That,,
or a glitch or error.

but id lean more towards "intentional for laughs or silly questions/theories". lol

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Heres your answer and you can conjure as many theories out of it as you wish

VAX Epoch Time zero phenomenon

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Maybe they are accounts who's last visits are not logged on purpose . . . hmmmmm? So then it just defaults back to the databases beginning date . . .

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Probably just admins way of 'having fun' or something.

I used to be on another forum years ago..
totally unrelated to these subjects..

and the admins/mods would often change dates like that, "just for fun".

Like,
they would often make their profiles say they registered sometime in like "August 1967"
or "June 1977"

If that is the case I wonder what the significance of that date would be? I am leaning more to a database error/default or a true conspiracy involving un-tracked-NSA accounts for monitoring all of our activities . . . probably with secret administrative rights.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It appears to be a default time that is filled into areas where time is not otherwise specified, I assume its due to it being default for the operating system as davespanners mentions.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
It appears to be a default time that is filled into areas where time is not otherwise specified, I assume its due to it being default for the operating system as davespanners mentions.

I figured that was probably the case but could not resist a little fun with it.

Mystery solved . . . or is it !?!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Although it sounds like a sci fi term
"Vax epoch" and "time 0 phenomena! are actually real things.

December 31st 1969 is the date that things are given when they have the value 0 for time. It just means no value was given. It's a very common computer problem. The VAX-Epoch* occured on January of 1970. That's when TIME starts 'Time(1)' however when you set it to zero you get the day before (One millisecond before, actually.) December 31 1969 at 11:59:59. *VAX Epoch: Most computers (If not all computers) are set to the start time at January 01st of 1970, the very first Millisecond.

link

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Interesting . . .
Thanks, I did not know that.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks for the laugh mate, typical ATS with the techno-spiritual gizmo names.. turns out it was real, now I'm the fool.

reply to post by ExPostFacto

This is why I love ATS!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Clearly, what has happened is the all the governments grouped together in the 50s, just as people were beginning to recover from the 2nd world war, and decided that people were so much easier to control of they had just come out of a period of terror... so they captured everyone on the planet, turned all the civilian clocks forward 36 years, and made up the cold war, the falklands war, the gulf war, the vietnam war, etc, to keep us in the easily-controlled state that we had been immediately post WW2, and brainwashed everyone (except select government employees) into believing that they were born 50 (later revised to 41) years after they actually had, and rewrote all their memories to happen later - so WW2 vets remembered a different war, etc, etc, and WW1 vets remembered WW2...

Basically it was very complicated making the post-war memories work, and they didn't actually reactivate the populations until '64. They did not alter the time-keepers of select government employees, and so that's what we're seeing: when these people logged on to ATS, the computer recorded the (altered) time of their arrival, but once their details were entered, a glitch in the internet, intended to avoid confusion within the websites of government conspirators, picked up that they were exempt from the time-saving, and returned the internet's display of their time to the Actual time.

People like DaveSpanners are post-timescale-edit high-level government employees who are paid to deal with such glitches, and also to make us believe that it all just has a rational explanation.

(NB - I am not actually a nutjob, the above is purely a (poorly) humorous construct. Don't make me go to the white room again...)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
In the early days of ATS Time-Travel was not yet perfected and there were issues with it. Some staff members got caught back in 1969 where it was extremely difficult to use ATS to come back to 2010. The only Internet-Facilities there were, were in underground military bases - huge machines that required several people to operate on. It was not easy getting Online back then.

Luckily, these ATSers were teenagers back then and they are still with us as the grown men also known as the 3 Amigos (one of the Amigos, Simon Gray is still stuck in 1969 though because the military ran out of energy for the time-jump).

Hope that helps

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Unix bug

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-12-2010 by Skittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
In the early days of ATS Time-Travel was not yet perfected and there were issues with it. Some staff members got caught back in 1969 where it was extremely difficult to use ATS to come back to 2010. The only Internet-Facilities there were, were in underground military bases - huge machines that required several people to operate on. It was not easy getting Online back then.

Luckily, these ATSers were teenagers back then and they are still with us as the grown men also known as the 3 Amigos (one of the Amigos, Simon Gray is still stuck in 1969 though because the military ran out of energy for the time-jump).

Hope that helps

lol, this time travel stuff gets confusing..
Like, if Simon was left in 1969 then wouldn't he be still here, or another him, just 40 years older??

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Dammit I so wanted it to be 'timetravellers' ... not just any 'timetraveller' mind you ... I wanted it to be that guy in the photograph that has warranted a couple of threads here on ATS ... the guy with the superdupa shades and camera.

Now my hopes are dashed ... again !

Woody

top topics

<<   2 >>

join