It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charter Communications Channel 45 California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

This thread may be moved but I am hoping that there are some on ATS who can help explain why this was on my cable network. I have never seen anything like it and am wondering what the heck it is.

I can't even figure out the x and y coordinates for the graph...it makes no sense to me...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have no idea what is going on in this video, it's definitely nothing I've ever seen before on television. Was this some random occurrence, like a channel you switched to?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Looks like what our maintenance guys view on the spectrometers or what ever they are called I always forget. It is showing the signal ratio for the spectrum of that channel I think.

Normally you can get your box to show it by going into diagnostics but not sure why they would have it on a channel. Probably somebody in their headend hit the wrong button.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

This thread may be moved but I am hoping that there are some on ATS who can help explain why this was on my cable network. I have never seen anything like it and am wondering what the heck it is.

I can't even figure out the x and y coordinates for the graph...it makes no sense to me...

]
its a spectrum analyzer display. Been awhile for me but it Looks like a digital modulation.With all the charter digital channels you are just seeing one in the "frequency domain".A spectrum analyzer displays "frequency" in the: X axis power in the"Y
why are you looking at your cable with a spectrum analyzer??

Sweeptime is time the display beam sweeps from left to right, On a spectrum analyzer its not very meaningful on an oscilloscope you can determine time based measurement( like frequency or prf).The little diamond that pops up on top of the spike is a "marker" turning a knob moves it across the display the power and frequency where ever it sits is displayed of as "mkr". Spent alot of time behind one...

Is that on your t.v. screen? It's gotta be a display used by the local cable folks for troubleshooting and maintenance of the system they left something connected or turned on in the sytem. .Or you've got one hell of a cool t.v.

Display says the the marker is currently -7.80 mhz off the center of the frequency the analyzer is tuned to

edit on 18-12-2010 by 46ACE becaus: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
We used to get that all the time around here. It's a spectrum analyzer of some type. Not sure what it's supposed to do exactly, but it's nothing to be concerned about.
EDIT to add:
It's possible that your TV has a built-in analyzer and it just uses an empty channel for it. Might've been what I used to see.
edit on 18-12-2010 by ShadeWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Is that on your t.v. screen? It's gotta be a display used by the local cable folks for troubleshooting and maintenance of the system they left something connected or turned on in the sytem. .Or you've got one hell of a cool t.v.

Yes it was on my TV...and the TV is not very impressive...a small TV before the advent of HD and all of that rot...

Thanks for the analysis though I confess to not understanding all of it...and for the life of me I can't figure out why I was viewing it...will check in the morning to see if it still there...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Depending on what kind of cable box you have you can go into the Dash, Honestly I'm not sure what it is but it shows the status of channels and basically everything. It's kind of like going into BIOS for windows. Anyway if you have a pace power off your cable box and then hit enter within I think 3 seconds and you can get in there. Once in there I think hit left on the arrow key on your remote and then look for channel status I beleve it's called. You might find something in there for it. You do have to be turned onto that channel when going to the DASH mode. To get out just hit power again

top topics

join