It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave Soldiers Protest the Bogus Wars and Get Arrested!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Its different here in the US. There is no 'buy-out' unless you hit the lottory. That is how they keep the soldiers here in check, docking their pay by reducing their rank. They tried that # with me... but I got med-boarded out for... yup, you guessed it, PTSD. That is how they are getting rid of the people too smart to be controlled to do things they no longer feel is right. (The US military calls it "failure to adjust")

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Saddam did refuse to trade with the us dollar.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blangger

Be that as it was, Iraq didn't have anything we need. You do realize that 90% of our oil comes from Saudi Arbia and Kuwait, right? We can completely bypass Iraq, and still have enough to supply the population, and the prices would have remained the same. The compaines prevent the prices from going to high because they know that alternative fuel is not much more expensive to use and produce. Its a middle-eastern monopoly. We didn't need Iraq's oil, we just got tired of Saddam "rocking the boat" so we decided to "toss him overboard to the sharks." Plain and simple.

I was over there, I saw it happen first hand. (not Saddam's death, just the part about the oil)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i was home arrested for 6 years with out a passport or means of identification before 2 years of army and civil services , my choise could have been 12 months in prison ,

its all bogus in my opinion,
sincerity and uphold is very far from truth,

my condolences to them ive offended ,

ive seen things from men being left behind to apathy to unknowing,

i do hope people getthings to gether ,
the cog wheels them self dont know no longer ,

How long has it been, shall we get into it again? Excuse, our disgrace we've had no time to paint the place The dog is always barking at the mailman I won't waste your time with my revelation,

my advice is that you just stick together and stop nonsence,

sempre fi

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I salute these veterans for not becoming neocons like John McCain. Just because you fought for our country, doesn't mean you have to tow the governments war agenda. These guys have seen the evil of war and are trying to do something about it. Our government chews and spits out our veterans. From poor veteran health care, ignoring veterans with gulf syndrome, agent orange, post traumatic stress disorders, homeless veterans and now arresting these same men that fought their wars. What's wrong with this picture? Our government does not value our veterans after they've used them. If you think being gung-ho for war is patriotic, talk to a veteran who's been through hell and came back.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The best discussion about war, killing and turning guns against commanders and generals, who order to kill... by Krishnamurti. Watch from 3:30.

The best one is the question - what is your country? What do you mean?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

After reading your post about Iraq not having anything that we want and that we get most of our oil from Saudi Arabia, I did a little research. The stats I found on Irag and what its oil reserves are were quite impressive. General thinking has it that Irag has 115 billion barrels of oil reserve and could possibly have as much as 200 billion barrels. At $50.00 a barrel times 115 billion barrels = $5750000000000 trillion dollars!

And that's only from the areas that have been searched. Some estimates go as high as 400 billion barrels of oil or approxamately 1/4 of the world's oil. That's a heck of a lot of oil and and a lot of money to be made. Why else would Haliburton be over there?

There is no excuse for being over there and the waste of lives, military and civilian. In the end, its not worth the cost of one life. Those that will profit from it are TPTB, not you and I.

Below are two of the sites I used to obtain the figures about Irag's oil. Google or Ask.com will give you links to more sites about Irag's oil reserves than you probably ever wanted to know about.

www.brookings.edu...

peakenergy.blogspot.com...

Peace and happy holidays to all!
:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Are you insane!? Look at the current nations that were established from a military coup.

Libya, Oman, Equatorial Guinea, Burkina Faso, Tunisia, Sudan, Myanmar, The Gambia, Qatar, Central African Republic, Fiji, Mauritania, Madagascar, and Niger

Are any of those countries something you would like the United States to become?

I would rather keep Obama and his ilk than have a military coup d’état.

and america wasn't established with a military. did george washington win best 2 out of 3 rock, paper, scissors with king george to gain independance and form a nation.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What???

There are 'legal' wars?

What possible legal reason is there for starting a war?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

You misquoted me, I never said Iraq didn't have anything we "wanted", but rather Iraq didn't have anything we "NEED."

I stress this because we don't NEED the oil. Sure, we want it, but do we need it? No. Do we need paper? No. Do we need bricks, nuclear power, bigger ships, ect... ? NO!

As I said, we got at that time as I'm not sure these days, most of our oil from other counties than Iraq. If we were to actually drill into more of Alaska, we would have enough oil to sustain our current way of life for a couple decades, without the use of foreign oil at all. I forget the figures or where I saw them, but look into it if you don't believe me.

We, as a country, didn't need to go into Iraq for anything. It was big-business that wanted the money, and the gov't wanted a reason to get into Iraq. Saddam was a vile and corrupt man, thus, a perfect scapegoat.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
reply to post by Whereweheaded

The oath also states "that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

If the President is breaking the constitution that they swore an oath to defend but also have to obey the President then where does that leave them? Does that make the contract null and void?

The oath is asking them to do two conflicting things.

Knights were allowed to turn on or leave their knightdoms if they felt the oaths foundation was with sacrificed or corrupt from its original form. This type of exception has long existed. Even in corporations everyday.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

'Failure to adjust'....good grief!

I can only speak from what people have told me. I campaigned as much as I humanly could against the invasion of Iraq and when the soldiers started coming into my business people thought I would be on my soap box. But hey - the army were posting recruitment posters round the town, 'Ever fancied working in Cyprus?' the poster enticed - with a picture of the most beautiful beach behind a beautiful multi coloured windsurfing sail. This to recruit kids who had barely left the town they lived in....let alone the country. Many of these kids were about 12 years of age when the attacks on Twin Towers happened....they didn't even know who or what they were going to fight.

Apparently a lot of our people were deliberately trying to fail drug tests and that got them kicked out.

Anyway back to 'failure to adjust'. I was having coffee with a friend one day and a third person joined us who I'd never met before.....I'm going to call him 'Steve' (for ease of writing). My own friend had to leave and I remained talking with Steve, He was about my age, an intelligent and caring human being. I must have been there at the right time because we sat for several hours and he told me part of his story.

He had only ever wanted to join the army as a kid - at this time the UK forces hadn't been in conflict for years (apart from Falklands) and people here used to say that 'if you joined the army you could get a good trade and see the world.' Well the first Gulf 'War' occurred and Steve was on the front line. That war was the first I can remember that was televised....beautifully. He said 'you know you saw all those pictures....the clinical war machine....it’s not like that.' (This discussion took place well before the current conflicts)

In the first Gulf War they told us about 'smart bombs' remember?....that could go round corners, find the right window and destroy its target...and only its target. To prove it they showed us the same footage of the same bomb...going down the same chimney....for months....while implying these were different attacks.

So as Steve is telling me about being on the front line he continued...’we are fed a load of propaganda ....they...the 'enemy' are fed just as heavily on propaganda. So they met their 'enemy', and at this point in our conversation Steve started to weep. He said 'I've never seen people so terrified in all my life. Do you know who our enemy was? They were hungry Turkish Kurds, dressed in underwear...carrying sticks.' Saddam had brought them from his prisons.

Steve also fought in Kosovo where he found babies in skips....and served in Northern Ireland. The guy was also suffering from PTSD. He explained to me that in people are NOT natural born killers. In WWI they found that only 2% of soldiers were shooting to kill. They were aiming high etc. 1% of these soldiers were killing to protect themselves and their friends....another 1% shot to kill because they were psychopaths and enjoyed it.

The military resolved this problem by changing training...i.e. act first....think later. No conscious thinking required. He gave me an unusual example of this training. He said 'If someone fires at you and the bullet ricochets behind you...the 'natural' human response is to face the direction where it ricochets....the army train you to face the exact opposite direction ...i.e. the direction from where the bullet has been fired.

So we have a situation where 99% of the people in the military are not natural killers...and while they're still in the forces the routine and order keeps their thoughts and feelings at bay. It’s when they leave that the real psychological trauma can kick in.....worse when they realise their service has been used for financial gain....NOT protection of 'Queen and country.'....in the case of the UK...and 'freedom' for the US.

Below is a link to an award winning documentary by Adam Curtis it investigated politicians promises to protect us from nightmares, international terrorism, the war on terror....the fantasy that this is. This is about how and why the fantasy was created. I've posted the first part which is an hour long....there are another two episodes available.

Adam Curtis - The Power Of Nightmares

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Your video rests well with this one,

www.youtube.com...

In many ways, if you mix the two videos together, it is hard to distinguish a POTUS, a Prime Minister, or an absolute Monarchy from a Dictator, military or otherwise for that matter. The difference is only in the way business is done. In the case of the US though, there are specific acts of the constitution like "Posse Comitatus"

en.wikipedia.org...

that have been abused routinely by the military obstensibly taking their orders from a POTUS. It is the old game of the hidden or perceived enemy, and hence Martial Law which involves the suspension of normal law. In America's case though it is against the written constitution.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A lot of people joining the service are kids fresh out of school and have NO idea exactly what they are signing up for. In America we no longer have any idea how it feels to be completely OWNED by an entity.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The CIA selling drugs is not new!!! At the end of the Cold War the CIA hired Osama bin Laden and the Taliban to fight the Russians. They gave them weapons and US military training. If that isn't enough the CIA brought in over 60% of the heroin sold on US streets to fund the Taliban. Check out the movie Rambo II. It sais "the Taliban are our friends" or something to that effect. Ok, I typed the name of "who shall not be named" and the "acronym which shall not be typed" in the same sentence....Ohh! I'm probably on a watch list now?!?!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

edit on 20-12-2010 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

But we get to queue up once every five years and put our mark on a numbered ticket....that's democracy isn't it? There was the recent case here about the mp whose seat was whipped off him (that really doesn't sound right - maybe it does) because he told lies about one of the co-runners. They were also pondering, immediately following that last general election, if really, we ought to make it mandatory that mp's are held to their election promises....and they decided no. Because of course, then they'd be forced to tell the truth, and no-one would ever get elected ever again.

After you've marked your cross they have carte blanche to go off and do as they please.

I was taught at school to see the left right spectrum in terms of a circle instead of a straight line. That the two extremes of fascism and communism, met in the middle, and were basically identical in all but name. (They did used to teach this stuff at high school - do they still I wonder.) We, in the middle, have the illusion of choice - but it has the same result.

There is a divide in the world - the rich and the rest of us. That is all - apart from that it's 'divide and conquer' tactics all over the place....and we do keep falling for it. They say 'you get the government you deserve.' I think we got really lazy. They can talk about mind control, manipulation, propaganda...and everything else but we're adults - they are out equals and we’ve let them get away with it. This is still a 'dog eat dog world' and 'mano a mano'.

In the UK while all this 'war on terror' nonsense was going on (they barred the phrase from their official terminology years ago) we've permitted them to put a very sinister infrastructure in place. There are cameras on many streets. (Watched by whom?) Cameras that shout at you. (For littering?) Cameras that can detect 'criminal behaviour'. (Tho' they still classify window shopping as loitering - so that one needs a bit of tweaking.) Cameras that follow your car via its reg. plate. Oh yeah, routine fingerprinting of all our schoolchildren, while not informing their parents. Who needs ID cards? Combine all of this with facial recognition software....fun times?

I'm not saying Cameron et al are future little Fuhrers...my point is that they now have the infrastructure in place that if some bam-pot does get into power he/she will have every tool at their disposal to invade the lives and privacy of any citizen/s they choose in ways that couldn't have been imagined 15 years ago. (OK George Orwell had a pretty good stab it, as did Mr. Huxley)

The Americans' have their constitution - because they had their revolution. We, in the UK have none - because apparently we have never revolted.

For what purpose (recently) has the American military actively being used against its own people...?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Good post,

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

I have to admit, this was done in a humorous fashion. However, it saddened me to see what Charlotte Isybert has said for so long is true. Our children have been dumbed down. I could understand what he was leading to in the discussion. Reminds me of something I heard in an interview I listened to with George Green. He said that the being that he communicated with his whole life asked him to describe the financial system. George explained the monetary system to him in detail. The alien being was shocked that he would have to pay for things like property, food and water. Stating that was absolutely incredible, why would you ever pay someone for living on a planet you were born to? Why would you have to pay for food when it grows naturally? Why would you have to pay for water when there is water abundant everywhere?

Money has created our borders, just as it created our own home's property boundry lines.

So, what country is yours? Why would you be willing to kill someone over a country? When someone who profits from the land, food and water (which by birth, you have every right to as a citizen of this world) is never YOU?

This planet is OUR home, it belongs to each and every living thing that is born onto it. We even accepted that as a right for the births of the illegal alien within our borders. Yet we do not consider this concept on a grander scale, such as this planet, Earth.

Thank you for posting this video, If anything SHOULD go viral it would be something like this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join