It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave Soldiers Protest the Bogus Wars and Get Arrested!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

I did not see anyone get arrested. If you sign up for the service then you have signed a contract. The gove owns you. If you are in the military now you have NO room to bitch because you knew what you were getting into, well before hand. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Lol at answering a question with a question. but to answer it, Yes I Have been in Iraq. And since it's obvious your evasion of the question, I will take it as no you have not served in either country.

I have talked to the local nationals of those countries when I had the chance to, hell even had the privilege of speaking with the IA(Iraqi Army) and although not everyone is against our occupation of their land, some welcome it and their reason for this was Saddam and his harsh, brutal and torturous regime.

So please, keep that small talk to yourself. I stand by my initial posting. These are not children suckered into the service through false promises. These are grown men and women who sign a contract to serve in the defense of America, if they didn't agree with the way America ran the country then why not become a politician and try and change things in the Senate or House.

Please, answer my question. Have you ever been on either countries soil (Iraq or Afghanistan) and PERSONALLY spoken to the locals and have gotten their PERSONAL opinion on the situation at hand?
edit on 18-12-2010 by Ronin22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Couldn't help but notice your sig
2nd

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronin22

'serve in the defense of America'

Iraq was never a threat to America.

Just sayin'...
edit on 18-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Not all officers were elected. Many bought their assignments not to mention rank.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
reply to post by Ronin22

Just sayin'...

x2.

Our military in Iraq is doing absolutely NOTHING for America. They were never a threat to us. They had no WMD's. Sure Saddam killed a couple Kurd's. We've killed lots of Kurds and gave Turkey the green light to annihilate them in northern iraq.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
Lucky he is in US, if he did this in Iraq or Afghanistan, I would guarantee he would be shot dead, and then blamed on Taliban.

Discipline.

US army is ruthless, nothing has changed.

You guarantee he would be shot dead? That's a pretty big guarantee. Have you ever served in the military? Explain to me how you know this to be true. I did 8 years on active duty. I know that doesn't make me an expert and again, I'm just asking how you know this to be true and provide evidence if you can.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
Lucky he is in US, if he did this in Iraq or Afghanistan, I would guarantee he would be shot dead, and then blamed on Taliban.

Discipline.

US army is ruthless, nothing has changed.

You guarantee he would be shot dead? That's a pretty big guarantee. Have you ever served in the military? Explain to me how you know this to be true. I did 8 years on active duty. I know that doesn't make me an expert and again, I'm just asking how you know this to be true and provide evidence if you can.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Iraq wasn't a threat to YOU, you do not know what those politicians are thinking in the senate or the white-house. America does have vested interest in many other countries, so again...You can not seriously say with 100% proof-positive wording that Iraq wasn't a threat to America..... "Just saying"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronin22

Lol at answering a question with a question. but to answer it, Yes I Have been in Iraq. And since it's obvious your evasion of the question, I will take it as no you have not served in either country.

I have talked to the local nationals of those countries when I had the chance to, hell even had the privilege of speaking with the IA(Iraqi Army) and although not everyone is against our occupation of their land, some welcome it and their reason for this was Saddam and his harsh, brutal and torturous regime.

So please, keep that small talk to yourself. I stand by my initial posting. These are not children suckered into the service through false promises. These are grown men and women who sign a contract to serve in the defense of America, if they didn't agree with the way America ran the country then why not become a politician and try and change things in the Senate or House.

Please, answer my question. Have you ever been on either countries soil (Iraq or Afghanistan) and PERSONALLY spoken to the locals and have gotten their PERSONAL opinion on the situation at hand?

The photos which you didn't look at are my answer to your question.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

if you posted anything other then what I replied to, No I didn't seem them but it's wasn't because I didn't want to. I missed them, but I will check them out right now. give me a second.

Edited to add...
I checked the photo's out, and it is sad and absolutely messed up.

But let's keep on track here, and not use photo's from google to answer my question. Have you ever served in Iraq or Afghanistan before? And spoken to this individuals who live in the country PERSONALLY and have gotten their PERSONAL opinion on American occupation?

I see what you are attempting and if you can not be straight forward with you're answers, then just notify me that you wish not to debate with me and I will drop the subject, but I won't jump through hoop's to get a response from you after I have giving you a straight forward one.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
reply to post by Whereweheaded

The oath also states "that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

If the President is breaking the constitution that they swore an oath to defend but also have to obey the President then where does that leave them? Does that make the contract null and void?

The oath is asking them to do two conflicting things.

Very true, and I'm glad someone brought this up.

You are told to fight for the freedoms you have as a citizen of the United States, and for those who live within its boarders, and yet when you figure out that the reason you're fighting this 'war' is full of lies and fallacies you are conflicted with what to do.

Are you a terrorist if you decide that your government [or at least some of them who serve within] is the one behind all of the issues which have taken us to war in the first place? The answer is yes because what does a person do if they decide to fight back against those evils? They are labeled a domestic terrorist.

Now I'm not saying it's okay to attack your own country, nor am I saying innocent lives are OK to be taken for the 'good' of any cause - but that's what our own government is, and has been, doing for a very long time.

I think we need to gather those like minded, state our cause, and be heard - period.

When that is not enough then those within the cause can decide the next step. Personally I see a [or multiple] revolutions occurring within the US in time, but that's just my opinion. I would hope it would not have to come to such a thing, but with all the frustration going on between us Americans you have to wonder when enough is enough. It's past that stage in fact, at least for most of us, it's just a matter of spreading the truth and getting people to stop listening to the MSM.

I understand how hard it is to believe that your own country would betray you, I understand that it sounds unthinkable. When I was younger I believed the things I was told as well, but luckily at a young age I began questioning what I was told and started doing my own research and I've also had my own experiences which tell me different things than the government has told myself and all of you.

Let's just hope we can resolve our countries, the worlds, issues without destroying ourselves... however, what must be done, will be done and will happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Great post.. I think there is a lot more traction when those who fight these battles and see what's going on in these countries first hand speak out on the illegality and corruption that is part of these current campaigns.

On a side note, I have to say as a non American, I am often blown away by how your debates are manipulated down to these narrow arguments. It's refreshing to see these barriers broken down on sites such as ATS. This idea ( and I speak more from what I see on the main media) that to question these wars is somehow unpatriotic is absurd. Isn't that what being free is all about.

Another good example of how debates are so easily manipulated would be the healthcare debates. I was shocked to see how easily people were swayed into defending insurance companies, and their rights. Everyone knows that one of the most evil entities in modern society is insurance companies, but god forbid you put any of theme out of business.

Anyway sorry for getting off topic here....

The right to disagree and not take part is one of the most important rights anyone has, it just seems sometimes that we don't need any government to take that away from us, we are very good at doing it to our selves, non Americans included.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
For EVERYONE that thinks those who sign up for the military know what exactly it is they are getting into, let me be the one to suggest talking with a recruiter to see exactly how shady they really are.

I served in the US Army for nearly 6 years, I did my time over in Iraq for 12 months just outside of Baghdad, and I like most of my fellow brothers and sisters in arms came to find that once you sign up you lose ALL RIGHTS. No longer do you get to see you family on holidays if they live more than 3 hours away from base, because you need to be approved for leave by your chain-of-command. If you are caught even 3.5 hours away, you will be penalized under the UCMJ.

YES, we all volunteered to be there, but as such, should a person not be able to un-volunteer? NO! The only way out of a contract is to be injured or get sent to jail (in which case you serve the rest of your contract locked up) or killed. If someone offers to do something we expect them to do it, but only until they feel they have helped out as much as they feel they should, not until another person tells them that they are allowed to leave.

As far as the Iraqis go, they HATE us. Sure, they enjoyed us being there, but they did not want the US telling them how to live. They just wanted to go back to the way things were before Saddam and the Taliban took control. Once we got rid of Saddam, they really wished we would have left. I spoke with a few of the local nationals (to the best of our abilities given the language barrier) only to find out that they truly despised the American gov't. They understood that the regular soldiers there had no say in what was happening, but their thoughts were if they hurt enough soldiers that the gov't would finally pull out. This particular Iraqi was nice enough to swear not to hurt any of us personally, but he admitted that he "knew of" people already in the base working for the insurgency. Guess what happened when I forward this up, the guy misteriously died, and I was moved from my present duty location working the perimeter, to guarding an ammo storage area where there were no Iraqis, only tons of explosives and soldiers.

WHY would I have been moved to a different location if I was doing good in revealing this info to my commanders? I thought I was moved for my safety... but as it seams in hindsight, I think I was moved because I was finding out more than I was suppose to. Maybe this Iraqi that I got killed had actually been refering to uniformed members of the US military on the base.

There is some food for thought!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Amazing! People like this make me believe there's a bright future for us yet to be!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm really glad to see the soldiers are awake to the NWO elitists. The truck video is great. The people on the video aren't greedy. The Uprising of Muse is frosting on the cake.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It looks difficult in the oath of enlistment, to envisage a soldier being obliged to be true to the oath, when it comes to invasion of a country which has not a declared themselves as an enemy of, in this case the USA. It cannot begin to deal with those asserted as terrorists, who's offences are essentially in the realm of "against the law". Not withstanding that, the coalition forces went into Iraq on a false premise no matter what, technically that was WMD, laviciously, (by the POTUS) it also would deal with Al quaeda and obstensibly 9/11. What did that same POTUS do in the aftermath? he made jokes about where WMD were not, when feeding his face. and also denied that the invasion of Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. Oh! BTW armies like to trial their own don't they.
edit on 18-12-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by Cablespider
reply to post by Ronin22

Just sayin'...

x2.
Our military in Iraq is doing absolutely NOTHING for America. They were never a threat to us. They had no WMD's. Sure Saddam killed a couple Kurd's. We've killed lots of Kurds and gave Turkey the green light to annihilate them in northern iraq.

They were a threat. They were making us pay for oil by using the euro. So we were having to sell cars to Europe to get euros to buy oil. Do you understand? Country's can be a threat without weapons!!
You all need to quit letting, and quit listing, to the enemy that is putting lies in your heads. You are lucky to have the freedoms you have because you dame sure don't deserve it and you do not understand what it takes to keep it. Freedom is not given it has to be taken.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blangger

REALLY!?

Have you not heard of currency-conversions? We, the US, do not need to HAVE Euros in order to trade the value of Euros. We just need to trade the appropriate amount of USD in order to reach the same price the Euros would be. Simple economics. IF they refused to accept the USD flatout, which they DID NOT, we would still not need to sell cars to Europe, we have gold reserves to trade for that.

Selling cars? GeeWiz!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm in the UK and live near one of the most deprived towns in the country. Needless to say there are a lot of military personnel living there, from the past and the present, who sign up for the same reasons the guy in the OP video stated....a job mainly.

I had a business in the town and would often converse with the soldiers etc. They have been fully aware of how their service was being abused for years now. One guy who was serving in Afghanistan when all the media focus was on Iraq told me that they couldn't believe we civilians weren't marching on Parliament demanding our soldiers be brought home. He also told me that officers were refusing to go. This was FIVE years ago.

The recruitment office was just up the way from my business and those guys would come in too. There is certainly a way for the UK forces to 'un-volunteer' they can buy their way out...and wait out their time working at the recruitment office. I'd ask them what they were doing out of their office and they'd tell me it was quiet and they were looking for people in the streets. I couldn't believe they were 'sweet talking' teenagers into signing up. Especially when it was these same guys who had signed themselves out. I was telling my next 18 year old customer this when he said 'yeah...that's how they got me. I leave in October.'
edit on 18-12-2010 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join