It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani officials: US missiles kill 54 in NW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Pakistani officials: US missiles kill 54 in NW

news.yahoo.com

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – Three American missile attacks killed 54 alleged militants Friday close to the Afghan border, an unusually high number of victims that included commanders of a Taliban-allied group that were holding a meeting, Pakistani officials said.

The attacks took place in the Khyber tribal region, which has been rarely struck by American missiles before over the last three years. That could indicate a possible expansion of the CIA-led covert campaign of drone strikes inside Pakistani territory.

The Obama administration has intensified missile attacks in northwest Pakistan sin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thats pretty unusually high. But remember it depends how many were crowded together and the Predator drones can carry 500lb bombs besides Hellfire missiles. Sends a message to the Taliban and their allies that they cannot stay safe anywhere. Meetings and gatherings by the commanders is a no no. As long as the Pakistani govt. is a least willing to provide the intel, I'm at least satisfied enough for now.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

"Alleged Militants"

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

You know how it is, the article can't confirm what the Pakistani officials and intelligence officers said.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

"Alleged Militants"

No trial or jury to convict them; bombs will be the judge/jury/executioner.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Aren't these things guided from a base in Arizona? lol. I'm not even gonna argue with anyone if this is ok or not. For every person who's family member gets killed, america and israel have a new enemy. This isn't radical islam, its human nature.

Sad though.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yep, thats how wars are.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I don't know if a family can support losing all of their Taliban members.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I don't know if a family can support losing all of their Taliban members.

You're making assumptions that those people were Taliban. Truth is, you have no idea.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The Pakistanis are the ones directing the intel, not me. Probably have a snitch among the families. Sad ain't it? Willing to betray the Taliban. Not to mention the Taliban has been executing so called "spies" around the region so something must be working.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

The Pakistanis are the ones directing the intel

Fair point. If they didnt want the US hitting these targets they would go in and clean it up themselves.

Most of the more than 100 missile attacks this year inside Pakistan have taken place in North Waziristan, which is effectively under the control of a mix of Taliban, al-Qaida and related groups. The region, seen as the major militant sanctuary in Pakistan, has yet to see an offensive by the Pakistani military.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yeah I doubt Pakistan would lie and let the U.S. kill some random folks so the U.S. will consider them useful and keep sending that Aid.

new topics

top topics

join