It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is TV sexualizingour teenagers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
tv.yahoo.com...-container

In a raft of primetime TV shows, underage girls are depicted in a higher percentage of sexual situations than adult women, according to a new report by a watchdog group of parents

This article talks about how in the select shows they choose that teenage girls are more sexdualized in TV than women are.In my opinion its just another way to try to censor tv but what do you guys think?

Imean they list NCIS (one of my guilty pleasures) as one of the shows but I have never seen a teenage girl ever be sexualized and Glee is about as accurate to high school as I remember it to be.Well except without the singing. Although I think school would have been much funner if everyone broke out in song and choreographed dancing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think music videos are the worst for sexualizing young women.They use the sex to sell the song,they need too, with most of todays music it wouldnt sell or become popular.
We let our kids listen to all types of music,but dont let them watch vids (hanson maybe)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

Perhaps you can blame it on the media but adolescence is a time of experimentation into the adult world. Prompted by raging hormones and endocrine secretions.

As I recall even without media stimulation teen boys and girls manage to sexualize each other and themselves all on their own.

It's our sense of Judeo/Christian ethics, that somehow makes sexuality something to be sinful, hidden and ashamed of.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Of course, everything is sexual nowadays.

I usually don't watch TV, but I even witnessed an ad for a local heating and cooling business that used a sexy Mrs.Claus commercial to help sell their services!

Most people I know fall for this sort of shallow advertising, as they tend to "think with their tool" or obsess about being a hot, sexy woman.

I for one hate this sort of practice and I even point out to friends and family when they fall into this trap of sex and lustfull idolotry. Too many people are not comfortable enough with themselves to look past such obvious propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join